Skip to main content

What would Reepbot say (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the autism documentary. It was ok. Interesting about social masking and focus on boys when it comes to diagnosis of autism can leave behind many women who have this condition too.

Awareness is always important.

Let the soul lead me to Tina Arena. The soul meaning my soul that searches for that piece of artistic brilliance that truly counts. And Tina is and always has been true artistic brilliance.

I was annoyed that she threw off her boyfriend so casually so that she could get with Byron. I also disliked her demanding to get taken to places under threat of potential war.

Who are some other great tv personalities?

Apart from actors who were in Doctor Who, I liked :

Graham Kennedy
Tim Brooke Taylor, Bill Oddie & Graeme Garden
Gretel Killeen
Julian Clary
Metal Mickey
Judith Lucy
Mrs Slocombe from Are You Being Served
Mildred from George & Mildred
Molly Meldrum
ALF
Slartibartfast
Jeff Probst
Marcia Hines, Mark Holden & Dicko
Little Blue
Great Uncle Bulgaria
Reggie from Big Brother
Penfold from Danger Mouse
Kenny Everett when he said "It was me all the time!"
Issa from The Chase
Julia Morris
Mr Snuffleupagus

Last edited:
Apart from actors who were in Doctor Who, I liked :

Graham Kennedy
Tim Brooke Taylor, Bill Oddie & Graeme Garden
Gretel Killeen
Julian Clary
Metal Mickey
Judith Lucy
Mrs Slocombe from Are You Being Served
Mildred from George & Mildred
Molly Meldrum
ALF
Slartibartfast
Jeff Probst
Marcia Hines, Mark Holden & Dicko
Little Blue
Great Uncle Bulgaria
Reggie from Big Brother
Penfold from Danger Mouse
Kenny Everett when he said "It was me all the time!"
Issa from The Chase
Julia Morris
Mr Snuffleupagus

Good list.

My favourite tv personalities:

Lynda Day from Press Gang

David Jason

Richard Morecroft

Tina Arena

Cal Wilson

Sonya from Neighbours

Lily Serna

David Astle

David Suchet

Jon Pertwee

Stephen Moffatt

Peter Capaldi

Penelope Keith

Dianne Chambers

Lillith from Cheers

Frasier

The Chaser Team

Margaret Pomeranz

Death in Paradise cast

Lew Zealand

I thought of including Darryl Somers because of his work on hey hey and all the opportunities his show gave Tina Arena to show her wares and promote her artistic greatness. To showcase her precious soul to the world.

However I'm not sure If, besides the musical acts, hey hey would hold up for me humour wise.

I always thought the history of hey hey was rather fascinating. How it turned from this kids show in the morning to a Saturday night variety type show.

I thought it started as a hangover show Saturday mornings.......ie viewers staggered out of bed, and watched pop stars in various states, ad lib off colour a lot, some seemed drunk or off their face......they often looked rough and probably came straight from gigs

And Daryl had an afternoon kids show didn't he???

I pretty much watched it all through my childhood, from a cartoon show to the late night version. I guess it was evolving with me. I did stop watching at some point, couldn’t pinpoint the exact year, when it seemed all the cast’s egos got away from them. It seemed to become more a show for them than for the audience.

I can’t remember ever being offended by it. It was all pretty standard for its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back