Skip to main content

What Turned Me Off David For Good

I didn't catch David saying he missed Sandra, I thought Travis asked if he was missing anyone. I wonder who Travis really misses apart from Aisha?
I'm sure David does care for lot of the evictees, he just hasn't been a blubbering mess when they leave as knows he will see them all soon at the finale. Ryan is the first he's considered to be a good friend to him and David's never nominated Travis.
Sandra told David she wanted to leave, so as far as he was concerned she got what she wanted.Sandra was feeling on the outer from the girls (they're doing it to Penny now), and didn't have Sam there anymore .
If David didn't care about Sandra he would have gotten mad when she gave up in the $30k challenge and jumped off the pillar because she wanted to hop in the spa, and wouldn't have smuggled a chocolate back from the sanctuary after his visit with Tim, knowing she had already had a crush on Sam. David wouldn't have been supportive when she was upset after Sam leaving, and being nominated.

Lawson nominated Aisha... they had also that fight the night of Travis and Ryan's fight but as far as she was concerned they made up after their chat in the laundry.

Skye didn't seem to miss Leo much after he was in the sanctuary for a day or so, when she was madly crushing on Ryan...

That's right, Travis didn't ask for specifics although he may have been fishing for specifics. David is more into being concerned about the housemates in the here and now not the ones who have no influence on the rest of the show. He'll catch up with them at finale or before and he wasn't interested in dwelling on them.

When he was asked if he missed Sandra, and he said in reply no, he was happy that all of the evictees had gone home.
The dude has forgotten obviously that she was his partner in the perfect couple challenge.
In contrast, the much more despised Lawson has always stayed loyal to Aisha.
David is an arrogant bastard, his fans can't sugarcoat that one.
I too would be happy that evictees had gone home when each eviction meant being one step closer to the prize...

When he was asked if he missed Sandra, and he said in reply no, he was happy that all of the evictees had gone home.
The dude has forgotten obviously that she was his partner in the perfect couple challenge.

Why would he miss someone who told him she thought he was pretty much repugnant? He clearly had not forgotten how she treated him as someone "different" PRE beard vs POST beard. In fact through their partnership he always took the higher ground and she slapped him in the face. That clearly shows he's not a shallow guy.

Below is exhibit A.

http://images.9msn.com.au/resizer.a...~/media/623614af6c3b4398a8c29bb35c06100f.ashx

Don't speak of Lawson and even understanding the concept of loyalty. Do I really have to post Exhibits B-Z to qualify MY point? Seriously?

David is blunt, he's honest. I realise people who don't find such traits in a person appealing may see it as a flaw. That however is their own shit to fix.

people who don't find such traits in a person appealing may see it as a flaw. That however is their own shit to fix.

This!!! A thousand props to you. People who are actively nasty towards others who happen to not be their cup of tea (and somehow think it's the other person's 'fault') are so horrible. Hostility should be reserved for people who deliberately do something to deserve it. If someone pisses you off, avoid them if you can or be civil if you can't, because it's YOUR problem and not theirs.

i dont really like david much, but i cant really hold this against him. sandra was quite unsavoury.

A streak of arrogance perhaps, but so much more. e.g. Honesty, realness - seemingly highly regarded traits that he's been well recognised for. I guess it's a matter of what stands out the most strongly and appeals, or repells. I like David and would be pleased to see him win. He's real. The kind of person they used to put on BB by all accounts on the forums, rather than entertainment career-chasing wannabes.

Last edited by a moderator:
A streak of arrogance perhaps, but so much more. e.g. Honesty, realness - seemingly highly regarded traits that he's been well recognised for. I guess it's a matter of what stands out the most strongly and appeals, or repells. I like David and would be pleased to see him win. He's real. The kind of person they used to put on BB by all accounts on the forums, rather than entertainment career-chasing wannabes.

You are so right although, I don't see it as arrogance. He's just a confident guy, as in happy within himself. A lot of people cannot seem to grasp what it's like to know yourself that well. I actually wonder if his whole beard thing was a little social experiment of his own. ;)

Back