Skip to main content

What the huck's happening in Week 5?!

I personally don't believe they'll remove the divide yet. It's too big a part of the house to remove this early. I can see them keeping it till theirs 11 housemates. Then they'll either downsize it (3 in the halfway house/up for eviction) or remove it completely.

Week 5 was when Ava entered last year, so I think the intruders will have something to do with it.
Perhaps they'll have to hand out the Nominations Superpower to someone (whoever they like best after X amount of days? Or perhaps they will automatically have the superpower to hand out). If the intruders have the power then it'll force the housemates to get to know them, rather then the intruders being the 'odd ones out'.

Last years intruder schedule:
Week 5 (Day 30) - Ava
Week 6 (Day 37) - Sam
Week 8 (Day 44) - Delilah (If you count her)

ooh! thats interesting! automatically give intruders the superpower, i like it!

Really it would be no loss it the axed the whole show its become as fake all the so Called "Reality" Shows from the USA

we really have not been allowed to see many of the housemates to get that invested in the so

I'm really beginning to hope it is a total fail this year for Nine

The Half House is so old now .. the interest of any action of big brother the involve torturing the house mate in some way does last long

They really need to learn the difference between 'twist' and 'gimmick' - that is all it is gimmick, gimmick, gimmick

You may be onto something with regards to Matt. It's funny going into the house he was pegged as an Australian war hero. In two weeks we've yet to hear a single war story. Instead, we've seen him give himself a facial in the bathroom mirror and prance around in a dress. So I guess the whole war hero thing was channel 9/producers way of diverting our attention from the fact that they have another fame whoring wannabe in the house (speculation on my part based on the modelling/acting shots floating around the net). I mean they could have played up the fact that he is an apprentice or tradie and it would have been a more accurate description of him at this present moment in time.

Just because he hasn't talked about war stories doesn't mean he isn't a war veteran. Having dated a war vet they rarely talk about their tours unless asked about it even then the topic is usually changed not long after. Alot of the time it's not something they like to discuss with even their close friends Matt has only just met these people. It would explain why he is pretty easy going though and not bitching 24/7 about stuff he'd be used to living with alot more people and in far worse circumstances. Who knows though I don't know the guy maybe he is an actor but I have a feeling an actor would whinge alot more.

Just because he hasn't talked about war stories doesn't mean he isn't a war veteran. Having dated a war vet they rarely talk about their tours unless asked about it even then the topic is usually changed not long after. Alot of the time it's not something they like to discuss with even their close friends Matt has only just met these people. It would explain why he is pretty easy going though and not bitching 24/7 about stuff he'd be used to living with alot more people and in far worse circumstances. Who knows though I don't know the guy maybe he is an actor but I have a feeling an actor would whinge alot more.
I'm sure He mentioned on first or second day the he been to Afghanistan or Iraq (can't remember) and someone asked if he shot at people .. he replied either it couldn't or didn't want to talk about it

6 twins move into the half-way house.

Hmmm interesting. I've heard the 'everyone has a twin' theory from a few people/places, and I'm 110% certain that I read somewhere pre-this season about MATT having a twin, only to see Ed advertised as a twin on launch night...curiouser & curiouser

I'm sure He mentioned on first or second day the he been to Afghanistan or Iraq (can't remember) and someone asked if he shot at people .. he replied either it couldn't or didn't want to talk about it

Yeah Tim asked if he'd "killed people in the name of war" about 30 seconds after meeting him. Tactful much :rolleyes:

You may be onto something with regards to Matt. It's funny going into the house he was pegged as an Australian war hero. In two weeks we've yet to hear a single war story. Instead, we've seen him give himself a facial in the bathroom mirror and prance around in a dress. So I guess the whole war hero thing was channel 9/producers way of diverting our attention from the fact that they have another fame whoring wannabe in the house (speculation on my part based on the modelling/acting shots floating around the net). I mean they could have played up the fact that he is an apprentice or tradie and it would have been a more accurate description of him at this present moment in time.

He could be talking about it in there and it's just not being aired.

Hmmm interesting. I've heard the 'everyone has a twin' theory from a few people/places, and I'm 110% certain that I read somewhere pre-this season about MATT having a twin, only to see Ed advertised as a twin on launch night...curiouser & curiouser

Matt has a twin brother who looks similar: http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2013/07/matthew-filippi-is-one-of-this-years-housemates/

Tahan however doesn't have a twin, she does have a similar looking sister though: http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2013/07/tahan-lew-fatt-is-housemate-2/

Ben has mentioned having 2? siblings If I recall right. No word if they look like him though.

Anyone who buys it being 'game changing' is an absolute moron after how that "biggest twist ever" turned out.

Surely with so many housemates having a twin they have to figure in somehow. It's a pretty bizarre coincidence otherwise.

Channy, just to clarify in case I didn't express my point clearly, I never said nor did I mean that Matt isn't a war veteran after all this is a fact. I was just expressing my opinion that I don't think a war veteran was the most accurate descriptor in terms of what Matt has brought to the house. I would never try and take away from the fact that Matt has served time for our country especially when I haven't done the same. In saying that it doesn't mean I want to see every war veteran as a housemate. It's just if you're advertising something, I expect them to deliver on their claims. The only time I recall Matt talking about his time in the army was on launch night, when Tim probed him on the subject he said that he would talk about it later. Had Matt spoke about the topic in any more detail you would assume that the producers would include it in the show seeing as this was the role he was cast to play - if not, then it's yet another example of this year's shocking editing. If it's like you're saying and war veterans aren't comfortable talking about their time in the army then they shouldn't really have relied on that to sell Matt as a housemate.

Geroge Negus won't even discuss his time as a war correspondent so I can see why a soldier may not want to open up to people who can't really fathom what he has been doing anyway.

He is still a little cool kids bitch though

Tahan has a sister who is not a twin but the same age. Ed has a twin but he is an AFL player and will not enter the house. Matt has a twin. Someone on here mentioned that Rohan had a twin??

Anyway, expect intruders around this time. I just hope they do something different with the intruders this year. I like that idea someone mentioned in this thread 1 page ago about intruders having the nominations superpower so the housemates will actually get to know them rather than ostracise them. I hope the intruders are diverse people who the producers actually think are a chance of winning. If they are anything like last years bunch (Ava and Sam) who were both "young and hot" and only sent in to start a romance storyline which they both succeeded at, I will be pissed. Imagine if Vesna2005 and Zach2007 both entered as intruders at the same time in the same season. It would have been amazing. They could have possibly been final 2 together.

Channy, just to clarify in case I didn't express my point clearly, I never said nor did I mean that Matt isn't a war veteran after all this is a fact. I was just expressing my opinion that I don't think a war veteran was the most accurate descriptor in terms of what Matt has brought to the house. I would never try and take away from the fact that Matt has served time for our country especially when I haven't done the same. In saying that it doesn't mean I want to see every war veteran as a housemate. It's just if you're advertising something, I expect them to deliver on their claims. The only time I recall Matt talking about his time in the army was on launch night, when Tim probed him on the subject he said that he would talk about it later. Had Matt spoke about the topic in any more detail you would assume that the producers would include it in the show seeing as this was the role he was cast to play - if not, then it's yet another example of this year's shocking editing. If it's like you're saying and war veterans aren't comfortable talking about their time in the army then they shouldn't really have relied on that to sell Matt as a housemate.

Oh ok I'm sorry I think I misinterpreted your previous message. I wonder if he is still army or does another trade that they could sell him as that.

Back