Skip to main content

What the huck's happening in Week 5?!

tw2g

Doubleplusgood
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
Am twits.jpg

thoughts? ideas? predictions? hopes?

props to [MENTION=34051]Meds[/MENTION] for pointing it out!

They can't keep that up all season. A week is enough of a bore. What does the divide do. How can they even get to know each other.

Probably the end to the halfway house I'd say...

most likely, but what happens to it? where do those 6 sleep? the house will just look bizzare...

and how does Noms superpower get decided?
who gets to visit presidential suite?
what will tully bitch about?
whats the bet people will complain about it either way?

Well as long as channel 9 wants to continue to overly manipulate viewer opinion of housemates by its obvious favouritism of certain housemates such as Ben+his mum and nana - as far as I'm concerned i might as well classify them as housemates as i know more about them than some of the actual housemates i.e. Jaz or Shaz - I'm of the opinion that the major shake up should be that all housemates are up for eviction each week so that the audience has a better chance of booting those housemates who once again will slip under the radar for weeks to come I.e. matt, caleb, xav. And if not to boot them out but to give those housemates a kick in the pants because there is nothing like the fear of eviction that will get some of them to show there true colours. Although I don't expect any of the above to happen it's always good to have a rant.

I have no predictions, since I've never seen BBAU before. But, Showdown doesn't seem to offer much. I mean... sure, the prizes are there, but they aren't all that important. Adding double nomination points are cool, but when Tahan answered the phone call, she had more power than winning Showdown. I like the halfway house, but think it should have been introduced after a few weeks.

I have no predictions, since I've never seen BBAU before. But, Showdown doesn't seem to offer much. I mean... sure, the prizes are there, but they aren't all that important. Adding double nomination points are cool, but when Tahan answered the phone call, she had more power than winning Showdown.
That's a good point actually, and as Ben awarded that power he had more power than Matt, who awarded the actual Superpower to Caleb.

Well as long as channel 9 wants to continue to overly manipulate viewer opinion of housemates by its obvious favouritism of certain housemates such as Ben+his mum and nana - as far as I'm concerned i might as well classify them as housemates as i know more about them than some of the actual housemates i.e. Jaz or Shaz - I'm of the opinion that the major shake up should be that all housemates are up for eviction each week so that the audience has a better chance of booting those housemates who once again will slip under the radar for weeks to come I.e. matt, caleb, xav. And if not to boot them out but to give those housemates a kick in the pants because there is nothing like the fear of eviction that will get some of them to show there true colours. Although I don't expect any of the above to happen it's always good to have a rant.
How I hate that phrase "under the radar". The thing is now it's not so much a case of HMs positioning themselves "under the radar" - it's a case of producers just opting not to show them - and with no live feed we've no idea what is being left on the editing room floor.

One huge issue I have is that 4 weeks into the show and not a lot will have actually changed. Yes, we'll lose one of the original 14 (probably one of the original 12) tomorrow but I expect Rohan and the sisters to be out over the next couple of weeks - so then we're in a position where a month in nothing has actually really progressed and they'll basically be starting again probably without the divide and possibly with another couple of intruders.

How I hate that phrase "under the radar". The thing is now it's not so much a case of HMs positioning themselves "under the radar" - it's a case of producers just opting not to show them - and with no live feed we've no idea what is being left on the editing room floor.

One huge issue I have is that 4 weeks into the show and not a lot will have actually changed. Yes, we'll lose one of the original 14 (probably one of the original 12) tomorrow but I expect Rohan and the sisters to be out over the next couple of weeks - so then we're in a position where a month in nothing has actually really progressed and they'll basically be starting again probably without the divide and possibly with another couple of intruders.

Call it what you may but I do think it's a bit more than creative editing on the producers part. At the end of the day we're talking about a multi-million dollar enterprise and any notion of a tamper-free house would be ludicrous. We go on saying that the BB medium is fantastic for networks because it delivers hours of content for minimal cost but this is not necessarily the case if the content is in fact "rubbish" hence the need to resort to more intervention driven content. It is for this reason that it would be pretty hard to convince me that even the key choosing business on launch night was not in fact decided by producers beforehand so that they could milk the situation for all it was worth - Mikkayla's bossiness, Tahan's determination to be Australia's answer to the Kardashians, Tully's weird and certainly annoying "I love everyone, this isn't the experience I signed up for, I'm gonna kiss and touch and feel everyone of you up anytime I can and somewhat justify it - I get let out of the HWHouse you get a kiss and a hug, BB lets the HWHm's out for Jade's birthday and they all get kisses and hugs and I act like a crazy person because there's so much lollies or chocolate or whatever" attitude, pull the other one.

Now back to the under the radar talk , I suppose to me that means any player who goes unnoticed intentionally manipulating the game by their action or inaction to avoid nomination and therefore get further in the game. I must say I don't have the greatest memory but some interactions I do seem to remember either watching or reading about on the official site - Mikkayla goes to sleep early in the safe house giving the housemates an opportunity to have a yarn about her. Xav says that whilst Mikkayla is a nice girl she drives him up the wall or something. After barely a second pause Matt has jumped in and is like "I think she drives everyone up the wall mate" or something to that effect. Although this in itself might not seem like much it's an example of how the top dogs make their feelings known in the house leaving no doubt who they like, who they will nominate and who they expect all their minions to nominate. It's a similar sort of thing to what happened last year with Estelle vs pretty much everyone else but namely ppl like Michael. To continue with this year's housemates, i sense the same sort of thing happening to Rohan as well. I mean it's not that I particularly like Rohan as a housemate, I don't really know much about him, however from the footage we've seen I get the feeling that he's not particularly liked and being set up to leave early on too. The housemates were all sitting around gas bagging about Rohan, specifically his laziness or whatever as we saw on the wednesday night dinner when he practically drove Tahan up the wall. During this conversation, Matt (i think) then adds how frustrating it was to see Rohan walk around the table twice counting (I assume the place settings), hardly something to be made a point of. Yes he may have frustrated Tahan and all the other housemates who have had the privilege of working with him in the kitchen and thus they are all entitled to comment one way or the other. Yet to me that seems like another opportunity where Matt (I'm pretty sure it was) is trying to manipulate the opinions of certain housemates. The reason I'm pretty sure it's Matt because I do remember seeing a clip of him openly declaring he had nothing in common with Rohan a few days back also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt is quickly turning into a little bitch but he's like so hot and so cool man so we are going to be stuck with the boring ass for months. I really hope they have a plan to circumvent that nominations have practically been written and the final five are Caleb, Matt, Ed, Tully and Xavier? depends how the sucking up goes.

You may be onto something with regards to Matt. It's funny going into the house he was pegged as an Australian war hero. In two weeks we've yet to hear a single war story. Instead, we've seen him give himself a facial in the bathroom mirror and prance around in a dress. So I guess the whole war hero thing was channel 9/producers way of diverting our attention from the fact that they have another fame whoring wannabe in the house (speculation on my part based on the modelling/acting shots floating around the net). I mean they could have played up the fact that he is an apprentice or tradie and it would have been a more accurate description of him at this present moment in time.

I have almost decided he's a creep. A sneaky calculating creep. Wonder what rank he made? We have no idea if he's a moron or not, he could be a strategic genius hiding behind that goofy face.

This week is getting more interesting now, alliances forming, noms talk everywhere.

The dim blondes are forming an alliance with the other dim blondes, ie sisters/jade/caleb.
We have the Tim crew, Heidi/drew/Tim, any other recruits?

The Tahan crew, Tahan/Mikki/Sharon/Jazz - one goes, recruit rohan/ben??

Xavier??Seems people are picking on him, who does he hang with?

Boys club, Mat/Caleb/Ed....any other males with muscles or games to play.

week 5 seems a bit soon to drop the wall, having it up is causing more drama then without.
the housemates know that its the worst place to be, and to avoid going in there

i hope they shake things up big time in week 5,
and i dont just mean adding extra nobodies

im over Ben TBH
i was watching the twitter feed yesterday, his name popped up more then any other housemate

Back