Skip to main content

What music or songs are you listening to?

I have noticed that many original songs posted on youtube now have been censored big time! Like this song here, I have the original CD which I bought many years ago and nearly all the swear words have been edited and changed to other words on this youtube version.

First sign that my parents were raising a little gay boy was the fact that I used to dance to this song when I was two… 🤣

Highly controversial song by Marina… Released exactly one day after the Chernobyl disaster on the 27th of April, 1986. Yet it still managed to reach #1 and remained there for the remainder of the year.

@MADONNA likes to downplay any comparisons but the fact that Gaga was so influential in the 80’s it’s hard to deny she wasn’t heavily inspired.

Last edited:
Having gained fame in the 80’s with hits like Rain on Me, Stupid Love, and Applause Gaga proved she could evolve with the times in 90’s with this classic Eurodance track. The song was revolutionary for being one of the first collaborations between an American artist and a Korean/K-Pop group.

@Kingston
Always puzzles me when people claim Gaga is the “new” Madonna? Or Gaga is so much better than Madonna? Why is it so important to them? Why are they always putting them in competition?

@MADONNA came first. There’s no doubt she did it before all of them. She has had a unique massively long career constantly reinventing herself. Gaga’s career doesn’t even come close.

Some personal thoughts off the top of my head I have noticed through listening to Gaga’s discography the “influence” or “stealing” from Madonna:
Express Yourself->Born This Way
Vogue middle eight->Dance In The Dark middle eight
Like A Prayer->Born This Way album theme
Music->Joanne (Cowboy theme)
Evita->A Star Is Born

@MADONNA will always be the one for me ❤️. Don’t dismiss who came first.
B1-FC150-A-5747-4-F1-B-878-D-54-D5-CA4920-F0.gif

Back