Skip to main content

What is it about Sam ...

It seems like nothing and no one is sacred to him. He constantly bitches about people, and while I like a good bitch sesh, his comments carry a streak of real nastiness and BETRAYAL. People he pretends to like to their face, i.e. when David went up to him before nominations last week, Lawson and their relationship. Never trust someone with beady eyes...
I have a good feeling Sam will go next week.

I don't feel like I know who he is. We keep seeing contradictory footage about him. Just when I think I'm working him out something is shown that makes me change my mind. He started off being a bit aggressive about Priya and Katie's money, then he was quite nice to Sandra when she was having a heart to heart, then he's rude, sweet, two faced, considerate, aggressive, funny etc. I can't decide if I like him or not.

He has a very large ego and isn't afraid to show it, he is very aggressive in his opinions, the whole my opinion is the only opinion if yours is different you'll be excluded type of thing. He needs to be nominated I think the threat of eviction would take him down a peg. Okay now from my personal experience I have never liked athletic people that take the stance of I can do it everyone can. They have these standards and expectations of people that aren't realistic. he has shown not much empathy; he can't see things from others points of view, he's aggressive, playing the game hard and for some reason flying under the radar with housemates although they're catching on. He could be one of those people since he has a disability and is an athlete that people will always tell him he is amazing, inspiring etc. so it might give him this authority complex, people tell him he's great so that means everyone should listen to him. This is to me how I feel about him from the footage they've shown. Ryan, Lawson, Sandra and Sam all act like are the most mature people in the house but they're just as mean and immature as other housemates like Katie and Lisa they just hide it well. Sandra is a nasty girl, I've met her type before they think they have great personalities and that the reason men don't want to date them is because of their looks (although she is attractive) when in reality they probably just find out she's bitter and holds grudges. She's uptight and needs to let go and enjoy her time instead of being so sour.

his conversation with sandra and ryan mostly revolve around bitching. nothing else. not surprised that he joined in attacking his good friend lawson with the other two. it was much about nothing. he'll say what you want to hear so you think hes your friend. his advice is not good either. asking dave to clear the air at the dinner so he would stand out. lack of advice to lawson about cat while he goes on and on about it to sandra. he takes pleasure in making you look bad and laughs about it behind you back.

Yep...he is very cocky. He and Ryan constantly bitching behind backs bugs me. They both act like mean girls and look like shifty ferrets. Well, Sam does anyway...with the beady eyes. Ryan's constant tongue flicking rubs me wrong, as well. He reminds me of a komodo dragon. He already tongue flicks and spits venom..I half expect to see him unhinge his jaw and swallow one of his housemates whole..

Last edited:
I think he has a winner's attitude. He wins at all cost and his competitive streak is nasty. I don't dislike him but people who strive to win at all costs aren't always the nicest!

The biggest bitches in that house are sam, Ryan and Sandra.
In glad dave mentioned it to the other housemates , that they seems to be the 'cool kids' running the show. I really hope that hms are smart and start nominating them.
I don't want a Sam or Ryan to take the prize money

This is also how I feel about Sandra. I couldn't pin point why I wasn't liking her. I think she's hanging on to those boys to save her own arse. Everyone that comes out seems to think Sam and Ryan will win. So is her hanging with them strategic?

I don't know if he's nasty as much as super-competitive. He's a gold medallist in an individual sport - with this is mind, nothing has really surprised me about him...in fact, I'd be more worried if he were the opposite.

I think he has a winner's attitude. He wins at all cost and his competitive streak is nasty. I don't dislike him but people who strive to win at all costs aren't always the nicest!

^Agree. He's very comfortable with where he has situated himself in the house. It almost reminds me of Matt and his group from last year before they were evicted. Oops - sorry for the call back of last season - apparently a no go! :rolleyes: There's definitely something about Sam. Not for nothing I loved @Incognito calling out his beady eyes. Does anyone know if/how he gets along with Jason?

I didn't like Sam from the first ep. There was something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. I think he is very much holding back in the house. He seems like he would have a nasty temper and a cruel streak. I can't stand Sandra either. I think she is a classless bogan. The double standards of wanting Sam to take her into the Sanctuary and then judging and bitching about Cat when she did the same thing made me laugh. I wish someone would take her aside and say "The reason you're single is because you aren't a nice person, not because of your average looks and questionable personal style.
I think Sam has an overgrown baby face. Does anyone remember that ad that had the adults dancing and stuff but with toddlers faces? I don't know why but that's what I see when I look at him. Ugly inside and out.

Sam, Ryan & Sandra are like a small political party with an election looming.
Sam has dropped Lawson like a hot potato since the Cat incident. Doesn't look good for his image to hang with him anymore. Ryan constantly pointing out the negative in other HMs as if to give the audience reasons not to vote for them.
Sandra is a turncoat. She was the first one to jump on David when he was saved even though she had nominated him.

I don't like him, either. His whole thing with Sandra, how much he judges the others, he thinks he's better than the others, etc. He's cutthroat, but not in a likeable (Priya-esque) way.

Well, to be fair, he does have a few gold medals from the Paralympics, so that could contribute to his ego.

Sam's Website:
http://sambramham.com.au/

His Bio:

DOB: 23/05/88
Sport: Swimming
Coach: Matt Byrne
Club: Tritons

Sam Bramham certainly entered Paralympic competition with a splash when he broke the 100m Butterfly world record at the 2004 Athens Paralympic, his first games at the age of 16.

Since then he has travelled the world claiming golds, breaking records and experiencing life at events such as the 2006 Melboune Commonwealth Games, 2007 Sth African World Championship and 2008 Beijing Paralympics.
In 2009 Sam was awarded with the Order of Australia Medal for services to his country and for being a role model for his younger team mates.

Born without his right femur due to unknown circumstances, Sam had his right leg amputated at the age of five which enabled him to wear a prosthetic. Never letting his disability get in the way, Sam has played a number of sports including AFL football, Rugby, Kayaking and even captained his school water polo team.

Sam has always been known as a ‘prankster’ and the joker of the Australian Team, proving this at the Athens Games when he told American media that his leg was mauled off by Kangaroo’s on a family holiday. He even had local Police take an interest after faking a shark attack while on holidays at a major northern NSW beach.
Sam has studied sport marketing and management at La Trobe University and currently works within the sports industry as well as making regular speaking appearances.

He also involves himself in charity work and acts as an ambassador for Disability Sport and Recreation – promoting positive health outcomes for disabled Victorians through sport, Bully Free – speaking about anti bullying in schools and the workplace, Oz Child – supporting young underprivileged youth, and Group Training Association of Victoria – promoting the importance of education and upgrading skills.

In his spare time, Sam keeps regular company with family and friends. He enjoys anything Australiana. He loves ‘Ozploitation’ films such as the Mad Max films, Cactus and Razorback. He is also an avid car enthusiast and spends some of his time working on his 1975 Valiant VJ Charger.

Sam retired from swimming in 2011 due to an ongoing shoulder injury but is planning to return to Paralympic competition in the sport of Paratriathlon, just in time for the 2016 Rio Paralympics.

Achievements:
- 2013 Finalist National Disability Awards – Emerging Leader with Disability

- 2012 Columnist for DiVine Online

- BullyFree Australia Ambassador

- Oz Child Ambassador

- GTAV Ambassador

- 2009 DSR Ambassador

- 2009 Awarded with Order of Australia Medal

- 2008 Victorian Institute of Sport Hall of Fame

- 2007 Australian Institute of Sport Hall of Fame

- 2007 Australian All Star Team

- 2004-2006 Water Polo Captain