Skip to main content

What damned song can't you get out of your head today?

Some kind person at Whirlpool put this back into my head:

[youtubevid]p5PiXt6INSM[/youtubevid]

hmph.gif

Completely obsessed with this cover.
[youtubevid]GJuwdcQlT1g[/youtubevid]

[youtubevid]XKMoVAObbhE[/youtubevid]

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Woo-woo-woo-wooooo
Woo-woo-woo-wooooo

lulz :D

^^ Were you at her Sydney concert last night, Alias? Most of the reviews I've read have been favourable.

Yes, she was amazing! Her voice is stunning and she's so funny and adorable. The banter with the audience was hilarious. She's a great storyteller as well and talked a lot about her family and childhood and the origins of the songs.

She did most of her hits, some songs from her new album, a few covers including Led Zep's Stairway To Heaven (impressed!) plus a very funny 'rap' song about Queen Latifah, who she just made a movie with. Oh and Duelling Banjos! So good. The highlights for me were Tennessee Mountain Home and a beautiful version of Little Sparrow.

My only complaint was that she got a bit preachy and 'Hillsongy' at times because she's very religious. But overall, it was great. Definitely one of the better concerts I've been to.

Oh, and the costumes - a bright yellow, rhinestone encrusted dress for the first half, then a white, tassled, sequinned western style ensemble for the finale. Completely over the top. Only Dolly could pull it off!

Anyways, still got Tennessee Mountain Home in my head ... :)

I am completely jealous!

How can anyone not love a woman that can cover this and make it every bit as joyous as the original?:D
[youtubevid]wRmLi-ctGeo[/youtubevid]

I often get songs from Glee stuck in my head.. Forgot how great this song was until they did it the other night.

[youtubevid]p_SEmcFVG-8[/youtubevid]

Back