Skip to main content

Episode US Celebrity Big Brother (2018) - (USA/9Now) Episode Discussion

Apparently there will be a public vote at tomorrows eviction. I wonder what that will be all about and how it will change the result (if at all).

Source? The only thing I'm hearing about tomorrow is that the next HoH comp will be endurance..

There was a caption on the screen in the last episode that said: "A Game-Changing Vote Is Coming Soon... Be Ready! Go to cbs.com/bigbrobot to learn more". Read a few posts on Twitter of people expecting it to happen tomorrow night. May not happen, who knows?

There was a caption on the screen in the last episode that said: "A Game-Changing Vote Is Coming Soon... Be Ready! Go to cbs.com/bigbrobot to learn more". Read a few posts on Twitter of people expecting it to happen tomorrow night. May not happen, who knows?

Hmmm... I completely missed it... If there is a vote in tomorrows episode I doubt it will impact the eviction... It's more than likely something that will come in to play in later episodes...

Hmmm... I completely missed it... If there is a vote in tomorrows episode I doubt it will impact the eviction... It's more than likely something that will come in to play in later episodes...

I would love it to be a 'Fast Pass' to the final like what happened in Big Brother UK 2014. Only if James wins the viewer vote.

Apparently there will be a public vote at tomorrows eviction. I wonder what that will be all about and how it will change the result (if at all).
Knowing US Big Brother, it will probably be a secret power like another America's Care Package

I would love it to be a 'Fast Pass' to the final like what happened in Big Brother UK 2014. Only if James wins the viewer vote.

Hmmm... I think it's too early for that... We had something similar last year in BBCAN where the public gave safety to a HG until jury but it was viewed as fairly unpopular...

I really like that idea.

You may also want to have a look at this... BB:OTT was an American series produced exclusively for an online audience and featured public voting...

http://bigbrother.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Brother:_Over_The_Top

One of the biggest issues with this series was a lack of significant game-play... The HG's really took a backseat and basically the voting public made the bigger moves...

Personally I think the format I posted is a better mix of giving the public some significant input without messing too much with the fundamental game dynamics of the house itself...

One of the biggest issues with this series was a lack of significant game-play... The HG's really took a backseat and basically the voting public made the bigger moves...

Personally I think the format I posted is a better mix of giving the public some significant input without messing too much with the fundamental game dynamics of the house itself...

Oh Kingston, you have such a high opinion of yourself. There is a perfect way to bring in the fun of BBAU with the strategy of BBUS.... just bring in Leon Murray (and other Deputy Big Brothers) and give the HGs tasks to do throughout the week. The cruise theme we had in the last two episodes would've been perfect.

Oh Kingston, you have such a high opinion of yourself. There is a perfect way to bring in the fun of BBAU with the strategy of BBUS.... just bring in Leon Murray (and other Deputy Big Brothers) and give the HGs tasks to do throughout the week. The cruise theme we had in the last two episodes would've been perfect.
And that is Big Brother Canada

Omarisa tbh I don’t know her and I don’t get the online hate a couple of you have shared. I see her as a strong black woman who has an opinion
Sadly you've probably answered your own question there though. Brilliant housemate and a shame yet again the women couldn't form an alliance together that lasted more than 5 minutes. I can't think of a single all-female alliance which has had any success in the shows history.

As for the format and whether it worked for Australian versions - there are many versions now which incorporate the Head of House and traditional format, and indeed BB Aus has dabbled with it many times too. Most just give the HoH immunity from nominations with the other HMs nominating in the traditional way but by far the most successful adaptation is Big Brother Brasil which really is a hybrid and has the same gameplay as BBUSA but keeps the public vote. Essentially the key difference is the HoH nominates just one person, the other housemates vote for a second nominee (HoH breaks any tie) and then the public vote to evict.

Reactions: Tee
Sadly you've probably answered your own question there though. Brilliant housemate and a shame yet again the women couldn't form an alliance together that lasted more than 5 minutes. I can't think of a single all-female alliance which has had any success in the shows history.

As for the format and whether it worked for Australian versions - there are many versions now which incorporate the Head of House and traditional format, and indeed BB Aus has dabbled with it many times too. Most just give the HoH immunity from nominations with the other HMs nominating in the traditional way but by far the most successful adaptation is Big Brother Brasil which really is a hybrid and has the same gameplay as BBUSA but keeps the public vote. Essentially the key difference is the HoH nominates just one person, the other housemates vote for a second nominee (HoH breaks any tie) and then the public vote to evict.

Big Brother Brasil sounds like they have the perfect format.

And they're responsible for one of my favourite ever Big Brother twists - the Casa de Vidro:

Back