Skip to main content

Episode US Celebrity Big Brother (2018) - (USA/9Now) Episode Discussion

I guess if you haven't really watched anything she's been on before you might have a different view of her... I'll give Omarosa some credit... She wasn't half as bad as I thought she'd be in the first few episodes... IMO she's always been the kind of person to stir the pot and then play the victim card...

Here's another vid...

You’re right. I haven’t seen her in anything. I know of her reputation, but based on what I have seen I like her. That could change in an episode, but for today, I like her.

I like pot stirrers, but I hate victim players.

I don't think the format has anything to do with it... Survivor seems to be fairly popular now in Australia and BBUS is essentially Survivor in a house... In terms of advertising as someone who's worked in promotions you don't just throw up a few ads a week before an event and expect a huge turnout... Also one of BBAU 2014's biggest errors was pushing the show back in to an 8:30 time-slot... So it's hard to argue that time-slots don't matter...

ETA: CBB US is also competing against another Celebrity show as well as the Olympics...

If it was really just the format that was turning people off I think we would have seen a spike in ratings followed by a massive drop... The series started with such low numbers that it's obvious people just didn't weren't interested or didn't know the show was on... I'm not sure Australian audiences would really even know right off the bat that in North America BB follows a different format...

I'm a Celeb is also failing big time. It just got it's lowest ratings ever with 515k. Maybe people are tiring of watching has beens. Survivor is not that popular in Australia, our version is currently rating around the 600-700k mark. That is alright for channel Ten but on any other channel would be considered a failure. And the US Survivor doesn't get much more than around 120k on 9GO!.

About the advertising, the ad for CBB US has been viewed 281k times on the BB Australia Facebook page and currently has around 4000 comments on it. So enough people were aware of it, they just chose not to watch it.

For me personally it's too much of a chore to watch the show because every episode is the same thing and consists of nothing but non stop gameplay. I don't think that kind of format will ever catch on in Australia. I don't think the later timeslot has anything to do with it, 8:30, 9:30 is not that late and I have seen heaps of advertising both online on Facebook and Snapchat as well as on Channel Nine itself during their most popular program, Married at First Sight. People just aren't interested.
I am really enjoying it now I have taken the usual BB format off the table. That said I really like Survivor. To me it is like indoors Survivor.

I think what the majority want to see when it comes to reality has changed. For me it has always been the interest in watching human interaction. I really love it. Not the MKR/MAFS scripted manufactured interaction. Real interaction. I feel I am seeing that in CBBUSA.

If you ever feel like watching some retro BBUS you HAVE to watch BB2... Dr. Will Kirby is still by far one of my BBUS faves after all these years... He's the ULTIMATE pot stirrer!
I find it really hard to find YouTube links for USA stuff. I have just put cbbuk (the season with Perez Hilton) on hold to focus on cbbus. Is it the same format as the celeb series?

I find it really hard to find YouTube links for USA stuff. I have just put cbbuk (the season with Perez Hilton) on hold to focus on cbbus. Is it the same format as the celeb series?

His series is the beginning of the American format as we know it today... The biggest difference was in that series there was no PoV... Here's a link if you decide to check it out...

His series is the beginning of the American format as we know it today... The biggest difference was in that series there was no PoV... Here's a link if you decide to check it out...

Thanks King.

I’ll put it on my list after cbbus and cbbuk.

Obviously... But does that really have to do with the format itself? Looking at the BB Facebook page the majority of the comments are about wanting a BBAU revival...

Maybe, maybe not. Most people don't like change so they will always want what they are familiar with.

Maybe, maybe not. Most people don't like change so they will always want what they are familiar with.

I will admit that this format isn't for everyone... That said it aired in the UK in BB's prime and it managed to find an audience both times...

I just watched the most recent episode.

I can't believe that she won HOH. I am shocked and I am disappointed by her nominations.

I don't think this is going to end well. :(

I will admit that this format isn't for everyone... That said it aired in the UK in BB's prime and it managed to find an audience both times...

Just checked the ratings for the last BB US season (Season 9) to air in the UK on E4. The first two episodes rated pretty well with both getting over 300k but then the ratings dropped big time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_9_(U.S.)#UK_television_ratings

I guess I just prefer the UK and Australian format where you get see more of the housemate interaction without having to resort to live feeds.

I just watched the most recent episode.

I can't believe that she won HOH. I am shocked and I am disappointed by her nominations.

I don't think this is going to end well. :(

It sucks. It looks like my favourite person will be out next. I am pissed that Metta who doesn't even know how the game works and should really not be in the house stopped that person from having a conversation with the HOH. It would piss me off if him or Mark won.

This is what I don't like about this format, just like in Survivor if you are a strong player you are unlikely to get to the end.

Well, hearing some news about who won the Veto from people watching the Live Stream. Very happy with the result if it is true. Hopefully he uses it to save himself from possible eviction.

That basically ensures that
Shannon[\spoiler] will eliminated next. :frown:

I think its time for me to stop watching because I dont care about or dislike all of the remaining house guests.

That basically ensures that
Shannon[\spoiler] will eliminated next. :frown:

I think its time for me to stop watching because I dont care about or dislike all of the remaining house guests.

I wouldn't count them out yet.

Some people are saying that Shannon has made a plan with Metta and that she will discuss it with the rest of the house tomorrow. Plenty of ways this could turn out but hopefully James does the right thing and uses that POV to save himself.

To make up for moving BB to a later timeslot, 9GO will be repeating the episode the next day at 12 pm.

Back