Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

I have got some holds at my library on Trump books, so i am hoping i can get them over the next couple of days. deepen my learning in regards to Trump and his way of thinking.

I do like that he has scrapped the TPP, and that he wants what is best for the people of America.

Bugger off, leave this thread alone @Brekkie, and anyone.

Honestly @delcan jumping into a thread you do not frequent and asking to shut it down, WTF???
I respect your opinions in general.

However, there is no need to keep closing threads that have active discussions - and besides, this thread will be topical until Trump is impeached, probably 6 months.

anyone want to take a bet???

Because I think someone has turned this thread into their personal thread and I think you and others intelligent discussion deserves an outlet elsewhere other than this thread

Closing threads is ridiculous, nobody is being abused or threatened or even arguing...

This thread is fine, what @reepbot does is fine, otherwise we have an anti Trump thread, we need someone playing devils advocate - makes it more fun.

Any bets on how long before Trump is impeached?
I also think he will be shot - his redneck supporters will be so let down by his lies and they all love shooting & guns

Reactions: Tee
Closing threads is ridiculous, nobody is being abused or threatened or even arguing...

This thread is fine, what @reepbot does is fine, otherwise we have an anti Trump thread, we need someone playing devils advocate - makes it more fun.

Any bets on how long before Trump is impeached?
I also think he will be shot - his redneck supporters will be so let down by his lies and they all love shooting & guns

i obviously don't think he'll be impeached.

nor do i think he will be shot.

Well this went to hell quick.
I have no issue with anyone, except the obvious troll. Discussions should happen naturally, not artificially, because they're not really discussions then, are they?
Unless that's what you want I guess.

There are no bullies here. It's refreshing in that respect.
Trolls seem to thrive everywhere though. Post an original thought, just once minus the agenda.
P.S. never bought the asbergers thing.

I like how Sanders and Trump are similar in two ways. Firstly how they want to end the corruption in Washington. All those self interested politicians only caring about money and not issues that face every day Americans. And secondly how they want to make sure that the American people are not screwed over by unfair trade deals and the awful affects of globalization.

And also how they want to clean up wall street.

The inauguration was great! Time to Make America Great Again![DOUBLEPOST=1485089458][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't understand what women were exactly protesting? Good for them I guess.

The inauguration was great! Time to Make America Great Again![DOUBLEPOST=1485089458][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't understand what women were exactly protesting? Good for them I guess.

I think they were protesting a number of things. Personally i think it was a waste of time. Protesting does nothing. Yelling at Trump will just make him double down on his convictions ten times faster.

http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/1/19/14307568/womens-march-washington-trump-tapes-sexism-poll

That a guy could still get elected despite that leaked tape and those allegations, it's about the message that that sends about how much women are valued and it's about the sudden reminder that maybe we've been taking women's rights for granted a bit, that we still have to keep fighting for equality. It's about other women's issues like abortion too, but it's more about the general issue of gender equality, and the message that was sent to women everywhere in November about our worth.

Reactions: Tee
I think they were protesting a number of things. Personally i think it was a waste of time. Protesting does nothing. Yelling at Trump will just make him double down on his convictions ten times faster.

Protesting = has done plenty, in our lifetime/recent history, we have had 2 countries chnage government through peaceful people revolutions, ie protests.
Protests do bring about change.
And the protests are the people who see clearly, this President is sexist and racist, he want USA to look like the 1950s, white men are supreme, women are in the kitchen, and blacks are servants and segregated.

The Trump Ledger - everyday he/they fumble/bumble/outright lie - this worked during his campaign surely Americans expect more NOW.

1. Law broken already...kind of petty but, he still broke the law

Donald Trump may have broken the law after he deleted a misspelled tweet from his personal account in which he told Americans that he is ‘honered’ to serve them
  • The president tweeted that he was 'honered to serve you, the great American People' from personal account
  • Thousands pointed out he had misspelled 'honored' and the tweet was deleted
  • It was corrected ten minutes later but not before Twitter had a good laugh
  • He later corrected the tweet but then deleted it again
  • In doing so, he may have violated the Presidential Records Act

2. No release of tax records.
How bizarre that a president doesn't have to provide ALL of his financial details, is this not a requirement USA???
How do you know you don't have a gangster running your country? And you do.

3. LIES. LIES. LIES and more

LIAR NO.1 - first press conference by new press secretary = PETTY, SILLY LIES, The silliness is even worse than the lies
3C67663F00000578-4146020-image-a-19_1485121263817.jpg

LIAR NO.2

3C66278D00000578-4145388-image-a-12_1485103483613.jpg

The lying first is bad enough, now we get back-up lies

Liar Kelly says....'You're saying it's a falsehood. And Sean Spicer, our press secretary, gave alternative facts to that.'

TV guy...'Wait a minute? Alternative facts? ... Four of the five facts he uttered were just not true. Alternative facts are just not facts. They are falsehoods.'

When Conway suggested that the crowd count numbers couldn't be proven one way or another, she scolded Todd for laughing.

(Ha, they think they can get away with lies, just the same as during campaign, but they are wrong, everything is different now, every fact will be checked and rechecked, your Pres no and accountable)

Todd, ABC's George Stephanopoulos and CBS' John Dickerson were trying to understand the new president's thinking – as a number of Spicer's claims were easily disprovable.
Why did he do that?' Todd asked. 'It undermines the credibility of the entire White House press office on day one,' the Meet the Press host said.

Protesting = has done plenty, in our lifetime/recent history, we have had 2 countries chnage government through peaceful people revolutions, ie protests.
Protests do bring about change.
And the protests are the people who see clearly, this President is sexist and racist, he want USA to look like the 1950s, white men are supreme, women are in the kitchen, and blacks are servants and segregated.

The Trump Ledger - everyday he/they fumble/bumble/outright lie - this worked during his campaign surely Americans expect more NOW.

1. Law broken already...kind of petty but, he still broke the law

Donald Trump may have broken the law after he deleted a misspelled tweet from his personal account in which he told Americans that he is ‘honered’ to serve them
  • The president tweeted that he was 'honered to serve you, the great American People' from personal account
  • Thousands pointed out he had misspelled 'honored' and the tweet was deleted
  • It was corrected ten minutes later but not before Twitter had a good laugh
  • He later corrected the tweet but then deleted it again
  • In doing so, he may have violated the Presidential Records Act

2. No release of tax records.
How bizarre that a president doesn't have to provide ALL of his financial details, is this not a requirement USA???
How do you know you don't have a gangster running your country? And you do.

3. LIES. LIES. LIES and more

LIAR NO.1 - first press conference by new press secretary = PETTY, SILLY LIES, The silliness is even worse than the lies
3C67663F00000578-4146020-image-a-19_1485121263817.jpg

LIAR NO.2

3C66278D00000578-4145388-image-a-12_1485103483613.jpg

The lying first is bad enough, now we get back-up lies

Liar Kelly says....'You're saying it's a falsehood. And Sean Spicer, our press secretary, gave alternative facts to that.'

TV guy...'Wait a minute? Alternative facts? ... Four of the five facts he uttered were just not true. Alternative facts are just not facts. They are falsehoods.'

When Conway suggested that the crowd count numbers couldn't be proven one way or another, she scolded Todd for laughing.

(Ha, they think they can get away with lies, just the same as during campaign, but they are wrong, everything is different now, every fact will be checked and rechecked, your Pres no and accountable)

Todd, ABC's George Stephanopoulos and CBS' John Dickerson were trying to understand the new president's thinking – as a number of Spicer's claims were easily disprovable.
Why did he do that?' Todd asked. 'It undermines the credibility of the entire White House press office on day one,' the Meet the Press host said.

In my experience from just observing, whenever you protest something the authorities metaphorically slap you back down and continue to ignore you.

And besides, insulting Trump won't make him change his mind. You have to massage his ego.

Ever been part of a public protest?

I usually am in the Domestic Violence white ribbon day march, have done human rights day marches, stop trying to close free legal services, and many more I can't remember, you have to participate in your democracy.
Not enough people in Aus are actively involved in politics, we are very apathetic.
Changing things is often a process of chipping away - can be slow and frustrating, and can be very inspiring.

And fuck massaging that giant ego,, he just got a giant ego boost, now we need to cut his fat head down to human size.

You think the millions marching didn't impress, 1st stage to shrink his fat head - more people hate you than you ever realised:)
Be careful you prick.

Trump's president, end of story. With Trump planning to bring more jobs into the country, I believe that it will be a great opportunity for the SJW/protestors to seek a true career instead of behaving like lunatics on the street.

Ever been part of a public protest?

I usually am in the Domestic Violence white ribbon day march, have done human rights day marches, stop trying to close free legal services, and many more I can't remember, you have to participate in your democracy.
Not enough people in Aus are actively involved in politics, we are very apathetic.
Changing things is often a process of chipping away - can be slow and frustrating, and can be very inspiring.

And fuck massaging that giant ego,, he just got a giant ego boost, now we need to cut his fat head down to human size.

You think the millions marching didn't impress, 1st stage to shrink his fat head - more people hate you than you ever realised:)
Be careful you prick.

i have never protested anything in my life.

i just feel that protests and insults will do more harm than good. one must find compassion and kindness.

Back