Skip to main content

Tony Abbott leadership challenge

8am Turnbull in doorstop interview says Abbott has 'shown great respect' keeping the spill motion on Tuesday

8:28am Abbott moves the spill motion to Monday

8am Turnbull in doorstop interview says Abbott has 'shown great respect' keeping the spill motion on Tuesday

8:28am Abbott moves the spill motion to Monday
Hello Reaper!

Good to see you!

If there is a spill, it really is going to make the LNP look like the ultimate hypocrites.

I want to touch on your point regarding nurses (I assume) being made redundant. In my experience the only nurses I have seen take a redundancy are the Middle management nurses who have not had blood or shit on their shoes in a decade.

In my opinion they have had it too good for too long, tucked up in their offices in their CNC $120k positions, eating the chocolates patients families gift the wards.

I voted Labor at the election before last in Qld, but I voted Campbell this election. I completely support his idea of trimming the fat in our public service and selling off some mismanaged assets owned by the government.

I'm not referring to nurses. In my area they're probably the only ones that thankfully haven't taken a hit (although I'm not sure about the higher level coordination nurses you're referring to as I don't know any). However I've found that a lot of the other cuts have impacted on them quite a bit. I know a lot of people who worked as technicians (be that those managing the online management systems or those managing medical type stuff) in the health system and since their positions have been made redundant a lot of the nursing staff have also had to take on managing those type of roles in addition to their normal ones which they're not happy about...not because they're lazy, just because they're not qualified to do that stuff and don't know what they're doing.

Who's excited about #libspill?

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Reactions: Tee
Not directly to do with the leadership challenge but ABC are showing a victory in Maryborough to Labor (not in doubt), giving them 44 seats Peter Wellington who said he will support Labor is the 45 they need to govern in Queensland. It's not being widely reported and the votes are pretty close so might have to wait until it's been officially declared

Last edited:
Not directly to do with the leadership challenge but ABC are showing a victory in Maryborough to Labor (not in doubt), giving them 44 seats Peter Wellington who said he will support Labor is the 45 they need to govern in Queensland. It's not being widely reported and the votes are pretty close so might have to wait until it's been officially declared

I saw an article on that one this morning:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-...eliver-competent-caretaker-government/6078004

It looks like Labor's gotten far enough ahead of Chris Foley now, that he's been excluded.

Reactions: Tee
...now that Abbott has retained his position as PM he has issued a statement that...

TONY Abbott said he is getting down to work after the leadership ballot, saying his “door is open” and “good government starts today”.

...so is he stating that his government up until now was shit as we all suspected then?... that's an admission that will come back and bite him on the arse isn't it?... lol!... what a doofus... oh well... happy days ahead peoples... cheers.

...so is he stating that his government up until now was shit as we all suspected then?... that's an admission that will come back and bite him on the arse isn't it?... lol!... what a doofus... oh well... happy days ahead peoples... cheers.

Watching his press conference, he still supports the same shit. Claimed his budget was too ambitious.

Doesn't understand anything.

Question time was quite entertaining today thought.

The guy made Phill the Greek a peer of his own fucking realm

Gorn, matter of time

I am a liberal voter usually because it helps my back pocket, They will not win with wingnut. Ditch the fuckwit bitch advisor, get new press agents who dont snap cigar smoking treasurers maybe ya got a chance.

Its about perceptions...How would the "average aussie" receive the guy being knighted"??

Really?

This shit is just Understanding the lcd

I cant see anyone in the lib/nat who can do that. I suspect Malcolm will coup d etat again and his 9 mill point piper home

so sad too bad yr dad

Tony Abbott's Australia

Australia May Stop Providing Water and Power to Remote Aboriginal Communities
https://news.vice.com/article/austr...iginal-communities?utm_source=vicenewstwitter

So continuing the racist denial of the fact Aboriginals have been railroaded and genocided for our country.

Then you think about it, these are exactly the situations where things such as local renewable energy would be fucking perfect. Invest in it. Develop it. Then we can sell to the world!!!

Nope they purposely defund and destroy the industry.

Telecom was behind cutting edge development of solar for remote phone boths. What happened to that Australian. We could not only work to further renewable development to provide cheap energy independence to remote communities in Australia, but develop something the world will want to buy.

Nope. COAL. Not cost effective coal which is dying and allow someone else to develop the future.

Australia is the lucky country because we're fucking dumb but that luck will run out.

Australia May Stop Providing Water and Power to Remote Aboriginal Communities
https://news.vice.com/article/austr...iginal-communities?utm_source=vicenewstwitter
Interesting ......

Royalty for Regions gave just under a mill to put underground power in my small town. As much as I am thankful for no power poles etc here, this article sickens me and I wish they had spent the $ investing in solar etc in remote WA ......... just makes me sick, that those big wigs do what makes this world - tick tock tick tock and on and on and on AND for the $$$$$$$$$$$ (inserts a pink floyd track here)

Those bloody Coal Companies should be made to plant millions and millions of trees and water them!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting ......

Royalty for Regions gave just under a mill to put underground power in my small town. As much as I am thankful for no power poles etc here, this article sickens me and I wish they had spent the $ investing in solar etc in remote WA ......... just makes me sick, that those big wigs do what makes this world - tick tock tick tock and on and on and on AND for the $$$$$$$$$$$ (inserts a pink floyd track here)

Those bloody Coal Companies should be made to plant millions and millions of trees and water them!!!!!!!!!!
money talks and people who bollocks their freiendss

Maybe this infiltration moved your electorate to the right. The Australian response to this is likely the most widely read detail about AU politics. (also hilarious)

...haha!... what a great read there PollyUSA... some of those comments below were quite interesting to read... I'm quite surprised that her and a few others are quite ignorant of all things to do with Australia to be honest what with the Internet at your fingertips on any occasion... the last thing that I would do before spouting on about another country on Twitter or Facebook is my homework on said particular country... I can understand why she closed the account down... people would have been quite merciless with her about it lol!... thanks for that article... it was a fun read... cheers.

Back