Skip to main content

Tony Abbott leadership challenge

...in the 'Today Shows' Live coverage of the Canberra turnover a Rainbow was directly behind Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson as they were presenting the News... I bet Karl was convinced that it was coming out of his own arse!... after all... he believes the sunshine does doesn't he?... just saying... cheers.
He's a pain in the arse that's for sure. Better than Kochie I suppose.

What I don't understand is why people no longer seem to be able to understand that they don't elect the PM, never have.
What they do do, is elect the person who at some stage becomes PM, so in that regard, ahead of holding that position, yes, they do. Even then, it's only the people in that person's electorate, so out of the entire voting population, it was a tiny amount of people who voted for Tony Abbott.

What they do do, is elect the person who at some stage becomes PM, so in that regard, ahead of holding that position, yes, they do. Even then, it's only the people in that person's electorate, so out of the entire voting population, it was a tiny amount of people who voted for Tony Abbott.
I think particularly in the last election, people voted for stability. Regardless of the technicalities of who we actually vote for (which isn't directly the position of PM) the coalition won in part due to offering more stability than the craziness of the Labour Party. Now we really have no real stability offered from either party.

It's time to change our system. Will be interesting to see if Malcolm tried to push the republic agenda. I haven't been a supporter of the Republic in the past but now I am questioning whether it would actually provide a better system of government in this country.

I actually loved Julie Bishop until I found out she was one of the head lawyers at one of the infamous asbestos cases, as in trying to block people who had got cancer from getting a payout.
Even with that said Julie Bishop has been the best out of that party and done the most.

I actually loved Julie Bishop until I found out she was one of the head lawyers at one of the infamous asbestos cases, as in trying to block people who had got cancer from getting a payout.
Even with that said Julie Bishop has been the best out of that party and done the most.

But couldn't it be argued that she was just doing her job as a lawyer? I agree on tbe face of it it seems callous. But it is pretty easy to judge her actions as being wrong when we don't know the full story.

I can't stand her. First that then globally encouraging the destruction of the Great Barrier Reef. I know she was just a figure head in a behind the scenes push to allow them to sell that land off but it really did grind my gears.

Last edited:
I can't stand her. First that then globally encouraging the destruction of the Great Barrier Reef. I know she was just a figure head in a behind the scenes push to allow them to sell that land off but it really did grind my gears.
I've said before and I'll say it again, she's one scary woman. That said she has soften her image a bit in recent times and doesn't come across as one of those cold hearted soviet females in action movies anymore. lol

I've said before and I'll say it again, she's one scary woman. That said she has soften her image a bit in recent times and doesn't come across as one of those cold hearted soviet females in action movies. lol

What is so scary about her? She just seems like your average politician to me.

Her body language, tone of voice, facial expression don't exactly radiate human warmth. It's a subjective thing of course and you may well see her in a different light.

Yeah I forgot about that actually.
She doesn't seem to actually have a guilt complex lol.
I guess they say all politicians are a little sociopathic.

This was interesting:

“I was a little frustrated with Tony Abbott, I’ve got to admit,” Senator Lazarus told ABC radio today.

“And talking with crossbench colleagues, they had the same opinion. There was no enthusiasm to meet with us. It was very difficult to get a meeting.

“In fact, the 14 or 15 months I’ve been in this role I’ve only had one meeting with him [Tony Abbott] … I can only hope and, going by my dealings with Malcolm Turnbull, he seems to be a lot more forthcoming with his time.”

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...aid-off-big-time/story-fn5tas5k-1227530210292

Only one meeting in fifteen months with a key crossbench senator? You picture them as talking all the time, then every so often you read something that gives a glimpse into how little contact there is.

Back