Skip to main content

Today I ........

Today I remember something I forgot annoyed me with the 7 format of BB.

Enjoying the forum on the days' episodes air on and the days after. Then for the rest of the week, checking the forum during the day and not seeing anything really going on.

Today I remember something I forgot annoyed me with the 7 format of BB.

Enjoying the forum on the days' episodes air on and the days after. Then for the rest of the week, checking the forum during the day and not seeing anything really going on.
Would be so much better if it were live with live feeds. This place would be active 24/7.

I'm not sure where to post this. However, I think I may be the only Yank here & in case you are wondering why we are a country full of guns (life long bleeding heart liberal Democrat here), this is one of the answers to why we keep murdering children
It's heartening to see Jacinda Ahern explain how quickly NZ & Australia responded to senseless gun massacres. grrrr
These are all right wing Republican Senators (also antiabortion, ironic how they care more about fetuses inside a women than they do children)

I'm not sure where to post this. However, I think I may be the only Yank here & in case you are wondering why we are a country full of guns (life long bleeding heart liberal Democrat here), this is one of the answers to why we keep murdering children
It's heartening to see Jacinda Ahern explain how quickly NZ & Australia responded to senseless gun massacres. grrrr
These are all right wing Republican Senators (also antiabortion, ironic how they care more about fetuses inside a women than they do children)

Probably the politics thread?

Jacinda seems great, no idea what she's actually like from an NZ perspective though.

From my ignorant outsider perspective. I think one problem the US has is that these wedge issues become something that neither party ends up having any motivation to do anything about as they can use them every election to rally their base.

Today I ... am looking forward to the next occasion whereby lscp, ex-lscp, ex-lscp's lscp, numba1son, numba1son's friends, work mates, and all sorts of Pert/Oz muso identities (TL : DR? translate as "family") and your one and only "derspatz", karaoke together ... and perhaps also with a whole swag of BB HMs, BBB family of decades now ... and also mit our Clare "you're welcome" Werbeloff und Gold Medal Olympian Steven "team smilie face" Bradbury, mkay?

regarDS

Jacinda seems great, no idea what she's actually like from an NZ perspective though.

From my ignorant outsider perspective. I think one problem the US has is that these wedge issues become something that neither party ends up having any motivation to do anything about as they can use them every election to rally their base.
She seems actually fairly polarising in NZ from what I can tell - Some think she is fantastic and others find her disingenuous. There have been some hate campaigns about her, including a campaign a year or so ago to turn a magazine in shops that had her photo on the cover on it around because some think she is seeking the limelight. it will be interesting to see how it feels when I move back there.

The rest of the world loves her. But by all accounts she is far from universally loved in NZ, but there's been pressure from Covid denying anti-lockdown idiots etc which, I think, has really spurred hatred towards her. Dog forbid a country's PM might try and stop people from getting sick and dying.

Last edited:
Today I applied to get my own fibre internet installed, as the provided one here is shared between 18 units and gets a bit buffery at times. Only US$15/month and if there's any issues I can fall back to the old one (I've chosen a different provider for that reason).

Meanwhile I tried to update my address with ANZ to my Cambo one and they responded by notifying me they will terminate my account in 14 days (apparently it's against their T&Cs?) so that's kinda leaving me up shit creek because I rely on share investing/trading for income. I hate ANZ. When I bought my unit in Sydney they wouldn't give me a home loan even though I had a 40% deposit. Their slogan? "We live in your world". Yeah I don't think you do, ANZ.

/rant

Today I applied to get my own fibre internet installed, as the provided one here is shared between 18 units and gets a bit buffery at times. Only US$15/month and if there's any issues I can fall back to the old one (I've chosen a different provider for that reason).

Meanwhile I tried to update my address with ANZ to my Cambo one and they responded by notifying me they will terminate my account in 14 days (apparently it's against their T&Cs?) so that's kinda leaving me up shit creek because I rely on share investing/trading for income. I hate ANZ. When I bought my unit in Sydney they wouldn't give me a home loan even though I had a 40% deposit. Their slogan? "We live in your world". Yeah I don't think you do, ANZ.

/rant
what the fruck? Is there a way you can open an account in Australia online at another bank?

what the fruck? Is there a way you can open an account in Australia online at another bank?
I'm waiting to see if they will back down. If not I will try another broker, but it's getting tricky because most will require an ID with Australian address and my drivers licence with my old Sydney address has expired and I can't renew it unless I visit RMS in Sydney, because I'm old enough to require an eye test this time (I don't want to renew it anyway as I don't need one here for a motorbike under 125cc). And ofc I don't have any utility bills with an AU address either.

I'm waiting to see if they will back down. If not I will try another broker, but it's getting tricky because most will require an ID with Australian address and my drivers licence with my old Sydney address has expired and I can't renew it unless I visit RMS in Sydney, because I'm old enough to require an eye test this time (I don't want to renew it anyway as I don't need one here for a motorbike under 125cc). And ofc I don't have any utility bills with an AU address either.
Well Comm bank will need to keep our bank account open when we move back to NZ as we have a mortgage with them!

Well Comm bank will need to keep our bank account open when we move back to NZ as we have a mortgage with them!
It’s tricky. My brother has an Australian passport but no current Australian address … not sure he can open an account. I am here at the moment, but have been away and apparently Medicare unenroll you after a year and to re enrol I need to prove I have terminated my overseas health insurance etc. Its more bureaucratic than it used to be I think. Or just stricter…

It’s tricky. My brother has an Australian passport but no current Australian address … not sure he can open an account. I am here at the moment, but have been away and apparently Medicare unenroll you after a year and to re enrol I need to prove I have terminated my overseas health insurance etc. Its more bureaucratic than it used to be I think. Or just stricter…
I think we may need to go chat to our personal banker... :unsure: :wideyed::(

Sometimes, things change. Especially w/the escalating scandal of the police inaction for over an hour when they could have stormed the gunman w/in the first 2 minutes. No one can get the image of children suffering & calling on their phones for help for an hour to please help them. grrrrrr

Because I've only seen geckos tails when they've been attached to their owner. And then my cat did this:

I have a created gecko ,their tails do
Not grow back and I’m hoping she never loses her tail ....i think I would freak out

Today I was in a Zoom meeting and on each motion they announced the proxy vote results before you could vote online. And I felt like I was at a Channel Ten Big Brother finale.

Last edited:
Today I chopped up a fallen tree into nice size logs as the temp is expected to go below zero tonight... So fire place is roaring already... Its about 5o now at 6pm... You wouldn't think I live in Qld with the temp going below zero...

Back