Skip to main content

Today I ........

Sending positive thoughts your way for your mooseface to get better.
Ah thankyou Isee. She is doing a bit better. Cross fingers.

Her name isn‘t actually mooseface but that IS her in the mooseface photo. (I have no idea how I came up with the moniker mooseface! Inspired by her little moosey face maybe…)

Please show yourself out.
History does repeat, as it turns out :roflmao:

Today I... was not sleeping very well, and it only got worse at 2.30am when I rolled over into ...a wet spot. And not the good kind either, my cat had peed on the bed. He's got kidney disease so I'm sure it must have been an accident. Regardless, he's sleeping out on the balcony tonight. I'm renting again and this king size mattress doesn't belong to me. Just as well I have a steam cleaner so I could give it a good going over today. FML.

History does repeat, as it turns out :roflmao:

Today I... was not sleeping very well, and it only got worse at 2.30am when I rolled over into ...a wet spot. And not the good kind either, my cat had peed on the bed. He's got kidney disease so I'm sure it must have been an accident. Regardless, he's sleeping out on the balcony tonight. I'm renting again and this king size mattress doesn't belong to me. Just as well I have a steam cleaner so I could give it a good going over today. FML.
Ohhh sorry Timmy.
My little dog is hanging in there but sleeps really alot. Today I hand fed her and she slept against me a couple of times…

Ohhh sorry Timmy.
My little dog is hanging in there but sleeps really alot. Today I hand fed her and she slept against me a couple of times…
Awww, hang in there little doggo!

My story got worse. I plonked him out on the balcony for the night, and in the morning he'd disappeared. It's kind of a green building, with planter boxes that run down the side from front to back of the building so he obviously got out that way. And when I was calling him I could hear him and then spotted him on the balcony above me. o he must have got out to the stairwell and then got confused and gone through the planter box on the next floor by mistake.

So it was 6.30am so I had to wait until my neighbour was awake before heading up there, and then about 7 I went up but couldn't find him again.

Then about an hour later my (very cute) Canadian(?) neighbour directly below me appeared at my door saying "Dude! Do you have a black cat? He's stuck in the vines on my balcony!" :oops: So sure enough we go down and he is literally tangled, hanging in the vines. Neighbour (did I mention he's cute?) went and grabbed a ladder while I stood on the railing, holding on to River. He was entangled so well I couldn't free him with one hand I was holding on with the other). Once we had the ladder I was a little higher and managed to cut one vine (they're very thin so it was easy) and snatch him to safety.

Lucky boy was safely returned to my place. After he saw me below him, he must have tried to climb down the vines to get home, and overshot the mark. Testing his nine lives there I think.

I didn't want to risk that again so I let him sleep in my room again. And about 5.30am he moved around and it looked like he was about to pee on the bed again. So idk if he has some cognitive degeneration or something. He's very easily startled, it really is like he's not quite all there.

Anyway I'll grab some shit to block his exits because I can't trust him not to pee on the bed again. Ugh.

Awww, hang in there little doggo!

My story got worse. I plonked him out on the balcony for the night, and in the morning he'd disappeared. It's kind of a green building, with planter boxes that run down the side from front to back of the building so he obviously got out that way. And when I was calling him I could hear him and then spotted him on the balcony above me. o he must have got out to the stairwell and then got confused and gone through the planter box on the next floor by mistake.

So it was 6.30am so I had to wait until my neighbour was awake before heading up there, and then about 7 I went up but couldn't find him again.

Then about an hour later my (very cute) Canadian(?) neighbour directly below me appeared at my door saying "Dude! Do you have a black cat? He's stuck in the vines on my balcony!" :oops: So sure enough we go down and he is literally tangled, hanging in the vines. Neighbour (did I mention he's cute?) went and grabbed a ladder while I stood on the railing, holding on to River. He was entangled so well I couldn't free him with one hand I was holding on with the other). Once we had the ladder I was a little higher and managed to cut one vine (they're very thin so it was easy) and snatch him to safety.

Lucky boy was safely returned to my place. After he saw me below him, he must have tried to climb down the vines to get home, and overshot the mark. Testing his nine lives there I think.

I didn't want to risk that again so I let him sleep in my room again. And about 5.30am he moved around and it looked like he was about to pee on the bed again. So idk if he has some cognitive degeneration or something. He's very easily startled, it really is like he's not quite all there.

Anyway I'll grab some shit to block his exits because I can't trust him not to pee on the bed again. Ugh.
Sounds like your little one is just trying to be a matchmaker! once they have peed somewhere they will keep peeing there if they can smell they smell there (take it from someone who has had a cat who keeps peeing in the laundry basket) so you may need to find something that will remove the smell entirely. We have also recently tried using spray for anti scratching in the area where he was peeing to see if that helps too, and seems to have helped.

Sounds like your little one is just trying to be a matchmaker! once they have peed somewhere they will keep peeing there if they can smell they smell there (take it from someone who has had a cat who keeps peeing in the laundry basket) so you may need to find something that will remove the smell entirely. We have also recently tried using spray for anti scratching in the area where he was peeing to see if that helps too, and seems to have helped.
Unfortunately said neighbour has a partner. :confused:

As for the mattress, I have a steam cleaner so I added some white vinegar water to the water and gave that part area a good going over.

I let River sleep in my room again last night because I couldn't risk that happening again, but about 5.30am he woke and started sniffing about so I showed him the door. He knows full well where his litter tray is and I keep it scrupulously clean so it must be some symptom of his condition.

And I still have no idea how he got from the third floor balcony to the first floor balcony vines. Completely overshot my floor somehow. Should change his name to Houdini.

Today is a Monday of a long weekend here in Canada and I was rudely awoken by the sound of a nail gun. The house next door to mine is being rebuilt and the building crew in all their wisdom decided today was a great day to start exterior work @ 7am. FML. Any other day and it would have been fine as I’m up to start work by that time.

Today is a Monday of a long weekend here in Canada and I was rudely awoken by the sound of a nail gun. The house next door to mine is being rebuilt and the building crew in all their wisdom decided today was a great day to start exterior work @ 7am. FML. Any other day and it would have been fine as I’m up to start work by that time.
Bugger.

I wake up at 5.45am mostly because it's fucking light here at that time.

Also the guy with the herd of cows down the lane takes them out down the road to graze, so there's a lot of mooing going on every morning, but the novelty of that hasn't worn off yet and it's actually nice to wake up to.

Nail guns... no not so much. Bugger that. Enjoy your day Kingston.

Bugger.

I wake up at 5.45am mostly because it's fucking light here at that time.

Also the guy with the herd of cows down the lane takes them out down the road to graze, so there's a lot of mooing going on every morning, but the novelty of that hasn't worn off yet and it's actually nice to wake up to.

Nail guns... no not so much. Bugger that. Enjoy your day Kingston.
I’m in a basement suite so the fact that it’s light out that early it’s so much of an issue. I was half awake when the crew started this morning.

Today I learned that when a gecko loses its tail (thanks, River), the tail stays alive and flaps around on its own for a couple of minutes. :oops:

Last edited:
Today I used the quote “I totally have a way normal life for a teenage girl” in a work teams chat and not a single person knew what movie I was quoting.

Back