Skip to main content

Tim Dormer talks about being cut off by Channel 9 for engaging with behindbb fans.

Wow, its so disappointing and hurtful to read comments like this (If YOUR comments were to hurt me - then well done.) Imagine you reading this tireless crap.... so much of it is completely untrue but yes - it does hurt. You wonder why so many former Big Brother house-mates stay clear of this site. (I acknowledge there are some nice people here and to you I apologise to you.) I have fans linking me into this site, tweeting me about it and face-booking pleading to comment. So no I dont miss your comments. Honestly Behind Big Brother makes me want to kill myself.

I do cling to that fact I DID WIN and it wasn't rigged - I hang onto that so I don't hate my Big Brother experience. I have met so many ex house mates who SAY they wish they had never been on Big Brother - with total ownership that it was this site which caused them to think this way because they read your comments on-line. To which you should be SO ashamed of.

I don't like Tim Dormer and on that radio show I felt I was entertaining without being pointedly nasty. I had some fun about Tim being on BB Canada- which I also have said publicly that I support. I think he will win. He makes a fabulous Big Brother houseamte.

Looking into my hatred of Tim Dormer I am sure a psychologist would say that is because I am jealous and you know what - I am smart enough to say - you are probably right. I think Apprentice and another BB show would be fun. So yes a small part of me is jealous. But honestly - I cant do those shows because I am busy with other work. So I really just need to push through my jealousy and have a glass of cement.

In final thought - I am very happy in my own life with work, family and friends keeping me busy. Yes my fiancée, Ben and I are still together. (I mustn't be a complete loser seeing as I am still in that relationship) We will get married when it is legal.
LOL.

The former housemates that can't handle the discussion that goes on about them here proves what horrible people they have cast on the show. The people that are constantly complained about are the ones the displayed extremely negative aspects of their personality while on the show, and in most cases, continued on with that behaviour once they left.

You however, seem to have deluded yourself into thinking that you've changed and you are not that person anymore. Yet you continue to prove yourself wrong over and over again. You did it a few years after leaving the house (I refer again to your discussion on which male housemates have small penises) and then you do it again on a radio show, and then come in here to defend yourself and contradict the majority of what you said on the radio show - you dismissed the ideas of Celebrity Apprentice/Big Brother Canada as though they are beneath you and now here you are saying you're jealous you didn't/couldn't do them.

You go around and you say/do terrible things about others, and then when you're called out on it and people do the same thing to you - you play the victim. It's the same pathetic game you played in the house back in 2012.

Wow, its so disappointing and hurtful to read comments like this (If YOUR comments were to hurt me - then well done.) Imagine you reading this tireless crap.... so much of it is completely untrue but yes - it does hurt. You wonder why so many former Big Brother house-mates stay clear of this site. (I acknowledge there are some nice people here and to you I apologise to you.) I have fans linking me into this site, tweeting me about it and face-booking pleading to comment. So no I dont miss your comments. Honestly Behind Big Brother makes me want to kill myself.

I do cling to that fact I DID WIN and it wasn't rigged - I hang onto that so I don't hate my Big Brother experience. I have met so many ex house mates who SAY they wish they had never been on Big Brother - with total ownership that it was this site which caused them to think this way because they read your comments on-line. To which you should be SO ashamed of.

I don't like Tim Dormer and on that radio show I felt I was entertaining without being pointedly nasty. I had some fun about Tim being on BB Canada- which I also have said publicly that I support. I think he will win. He makes a fabulous Big Brother houseamte.

Looking into my hatred of Tim Dormer I am sure a psychologist would say that is because I am jealous and you know what - I am smart enough to say - you are probably right. I think Apprentice and another BB show would be fun. So yes a small part of me is jealous. But honestly - I cant do those shows because I am busy with other work. So I really just need to push through my jealousy and have a glass of cement.

In final thought - I am very happy in my own life with work, family and friends keeping me busy. Yes my fiancée, Ben and I are still together. (I mustn't be a complete loser seeing as I am still in that relationship) We will get married when it is legal.

pity-party.jpg

Move to America. It's legal there.

So it's ok to slag off about Tim and call him an appalling human being but when you are the one being slagged, it's not ok. Oh the contradictions are giving me whiplash.

I don't agree with some of the posts here written about you but you weren't very nice with some of the things you said in that radio interview about Tim.

Just saying.

This is a forum for discussion of Big Brother and ex Big Brother contestants. It isn't a fan club for blowing smoke up anyone's arse. Contestants who continue to put themselves out there should be prepared for people to comment on it, both positive and negative.

I'm sure no one has the intention to "hurt" former housemates by voicing our opinions, but we are entitled to post those opinions (within reason).

You do realise that you bring it on yourself? If you didn't keep saying these nasty things then we wouldn't get pissed off and rant. You have to think before you speak and of the consequences. Our words hurt you but think about what your words do to the people you bitch about.

You say you have changed but countless times you have proved otherwise. You seem to revel in bitching about others and spreading gossip. Look into your own behaviour and find out why people react to you like this. It doesn't hurt to be a nice person.

If this website Behind Big Brother causes you that much grief you should log off for your own mental sanity. Besides Big Brother is cancelled anyway and I don't think it's coming back.

I can understand how upset Benjamin must be.

It would be utterly aweful to learn someone here suggested the notion that he drown himself.

Oh wait... that's one of the only ways he said Tim would get a job in Australia... Yeah, so 'funny not nasty' at all.

Reactions: Kaz
A private message just highlighted a very simple fact: You are all very close to the bone on what you dislike about me. Most of you say much worse things on blog than anything I have ever said on Big Brother or anywhere else. Hardly any of you have ever met Estelle Landy or Tim Dormer - so you only know their edited persona - on TV and social media. It seems ludicrous that you can condemn me or praise them when you haven't lived with or met these actual people.

When I was on Big Brother - I thought about being my authentic self and kept it raw. I showed you warts and all a true person and that is way more than most.. You can pick on my actions and say I am a bad person. That is your choice. But its housemates like me who kept it real that made Big Brother... I gave you moments to hate and moments to love and I defy anyone to say that isn't exactly what you wanted. A show full of vanilla doesn't work. The show works best - not when you are dressed up or playing the game but when you get slices of real. As ANY real hero or villain will know -it was the genuine character that resinated with the audience.

I don't mean maliciously for people to go and do what I say in a one liner but you all should question if your comments are something that you really mean. Do you really hate me or am I public fodder for you to pretend hate?

A private message just highlighted a very simple fact: You are all very close to the bone on what you dislike about me. Most of you say much worse things on blog than anything I have ever said on Big Brother or anywhere else. Hardly any of you have ever met Estelle Landy or Tim Dormer - so you only know their edited persona - on TV and social media. It seems ludicrous that you can condemn me or praise them when you haven't lived with or met these actual people.

When I was on Big Brother - I thought about being my authentic self and kept it raw. I showed you warts and all a true person and that is way more than most.. You can pick on my actions and say I am a bad person. That is your choice. But its housemates like me who kept it real that made Big Brother... I gave you moments to hate and moments to love and I defy anyone to say that isn't exactly what you wanted. A show full of vanilla doesn't work. The show works best - not when you are dressed up or playing the game but when you get slices of real. As ANY real hero or villain will know -it was the genuine character that resinated with the audience.

I don't mean maliciously for people to go and do what I say in a one liner but you all should question if your comments are something that you really mean. Do you really hate me or am I public fodder for you to pretend hate?

7xzGedt.gif

I wouldn't say I hate you Benjamin as I don't know you. I just don't like your hypocrisy screaming foul for copping shit here from B.B.B members who don't/ didn't like what you have said about Tim, but it's ok for you to slag him off i.e that radio interview.

You can't have it both ways (unless your bi). :tongue:

You just don't get it do you? :bang: Take responsibility for your bad behaviour and comments.

Personally I think 2012 is a pretty bad season of Big Brother. The season can be summed up with a gang of housemates with huge ego's continuing to try and isolate and destroy another housemate who was pretty much by herself the whole time she was in there. And all because you guys decided she wasn't as worthy as you of being in there. 2012 was uncomfortable viewing. I absolutely hated the way you presented yourself. It wasn't good viewing like you think. I have never seen such a bunch of cruel, self-obsessed, petty and nasty housemates like that before in Big Brother Australia history. You were essentially a group of bullies.

Remember you and Stacey plotting to get Ava away from Estelle because God forbid she found someone who she got on with and was nice to her. How nasty and pathetic is that?

It wasn't good TV at all. Due to you and your fellow housemates selfish bullshit you ruined my favourite show.

Most of my friends and family stopped watching Big Brother for good during the 2012 season or after it when you won. They couldn't believe the nastiness that went on and to top it off with you winning when Estelle rightly deserved to win for being herself, being a decent nice person and putting up with you all.

We can thank you for the nasty season 'twas of 2012. Bravo! :rolleyes:

People on here can certainly be a bit mean, but I don't think that's escapable when we're dealing with a reality tv show that is based solely on voting and critiquing personalities. Keep in mind we are in off season so it's not like you have the full demographic at the moment. Personally I found what you said to be quite funny, and not that different from your sort of bitter humour we saw in the house. I don't like you saying Tim is an "appalling human" though, but I get that you dramatise your words, so I know (and hope) you don't really mean that with such intensity. But if you're going to talk like that, you've got to be able to deal with the flak that comes from saying those things, as not everyone is going to get your humour, I'm sure you know that by now. But think about how Tim might feel being called "an appalling human" on air, that's harsh, he could be hurt from you saying things like that. It's not like you're just some random on the internet. Don't you think it's a bit ironic that you're here talking about being hurt from what you've read here just after saying that? You're hurt from being called "Human Garbage" after calling Tim an "Appalling Human", hmm, I get that the former is a bit worse and you were joking but if the words are there then they're going to be interpreted in a whole number of ways and people react. If you use harsh language then often harsh language is returned.

It might be because I've spent time looking at the digitalspy bb forums, but this site really isn't that bad. If there is nastiness it's usually backed up with reasoning, I rarely see anything too malicious. But I don't think this "you make people want to never be on big brother and want to kill themselves" is justified. It's not 'behind big brother', it's just people. So these housemates couldn't handle hearing things said about them, okay. Any other fan site that pops up won't be that different. We're a community with a lot of good history, and we're true fans of the show. The site doesn't exist to just hate.

If you want some opinions that didn't come from here, you can look at the reddit thread I pulled the link from. https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother..._2012_winner_benjamin_norris_was_asked_to_do/
You know, it's just how you come across to some people. Hey you have 2 positive comments in there though.

Don't get so caught up on the rigged comments. It was not rigged for you to win. But, it's true, the votes being revealed when they did may have had an impact on you being the winner, but we will never know. It was an absolutely great finale, I really loved it and the way you kind of freaked out and were left all by yourself and then your mum came in and then the proposal at the end. I hope you aren't insecure about that, the average australian doesn't think for a second that your year was rigged, and you were a worthy winner for that season.
But I think the second you agree to go into the big brother house you have to be ready to be judged, and ready to brush it off. Just brush it off Ben :) .

You just don't get it do you? :bang: Take responsibility for your bad behaviour and comments.

Personally I think 2012 is a pretty bad season of Big Brother. The season can be summed up with a gang of housemates with huge ego's continuing to try and isolate and destroy another housemate who was pretty much by herself the whole time she was in there. And all because you guys decided she wasn't as worthy as you of being in there. 2012 was uncomfortable viewing. I absolutely hated the way you presented yourself. It wasn't good viewing like you think. I have never seen such a bunch of cruel, self-obsessed, petty and nasty housemates like that before in Big Brother Australia history. You were essentially a group of bullies.

Remember you and Stacey plotting to get Ava away from Estelle because God forbid she found someone who she got on with and was nice to her. How nasty and pathetic is that?

It wasn't good TV at all. Due to you and your fellow housemates selfish bullshit you ruined my favourite show.

Most of my friends and family stopped watching Big Brother for good during the 2012 season or after it when you won. They couldn't believe the nastiness that went on and to top it off with you winning when Estelle rightly deserved to win for being herself, being a decent nice person and putting up with you all.

We can thank you for the nasty season 'twas of 2012. Bravo! :rolleyes:

I think you may need to realise that you saw a highly edited show. You talk about it like it was an attack on you personally. Its a 24 hr game show where we competed to win. I think I played the game to win? If you want to watch a show where it is about friendships and care bears then there are shows for that. 'Friends' is on repeat and you can probably buy and hug a second hand Care Bear to help you at night.

Yeh I have to agree that it was edited a shit ton. It's not like the old days with a live feed and a 24/7 online timeline with snippets of every event. But in that case, do you feel channel 9 did a disservice to you for not giving an accurate portrayal of how things were? How can you expect fans to believe what happened was different when the network denies they edited unfairly.

I think you may need to realise that you saw a highly edited show. You talk about it like it was an attack on you personally. Its a 24 hr game show where we competed to win. I think I played the game to win? If you want to watch a show where it is about friendships and care bears then there are shows for that. 'Friends' is on repeat and you can probably buy and hug a second hand Care Bear to help you at night.

Yes I do realise that but I am not buying the "editing" excuse either. You did say all those nasty things and did those nasty actions and even now four years later you are continuing to say and behave the same way as you did in the house in 2012 and this time no one is editing you.

No I don't want to watch a show about friendships and care bears and I do realise that not everyone is going to get along especially in a reality TV show like Big Brother where people live in a small house with 12 other people for 3 months and people are put in there to get on each other's nerves but the nastiness of yourself and your fellow housemates in 2012 was way over the top hence why it made me uncomfortable and I didn't think it was good viewing at all like you claim. Yes every year there is bitchiness but it wasn't to the level and nastiness that your year had. It says a lot about the group and personality of the housemates who were selected in 2012.

Ouch! @Lucas do you require medical attention coz that burn must have hurt!

Love ya @Benjamin2012HM

I don't hate you, but I do think you need to learn to mentally reconcile having played the minority gay card for the win while also indulging in domestic violence and victim blaming. I think you are here to revision and rewrite history rather than actually being a fan of the show, so it's all about PR and image management.

I think the editing made the show. It made me look worse and some others look better. Actually what I mean to say as that it made me look more villainess and some others look more like victims. I believe I was highly edited for entertainment purposes - as there was a couple of weeks where I felt I didn't do much at all...... because I missed home and missed my parter. Those weeks or moments where never played. ( BECAUSE I WAS BORING!) The editing gave the viewers more characters types rather than allowing the broad strokes to be interpreted by the viewer. I must admit - we all were pretty much what you saw - just edited for your entertainment.

Back