Skip to main content

Tim Dormer talks about being cut off by Channel 9 for engaging with behindbb fans.

A private message just highlighted a very simple fact: You are all very close to the bone on what you dislike about me. Most of you say much worse things on blog than anything I have ever said on Big Brother or anywhere else. Hardly any of you have ever met Estelle Landy or Tim Dormer - so you only know their edited persona - on TV and social media.

Watching the live feeds, we the viewers have seen what he is like & he's not being nasty etc for TV time.

A few members here didn't like Tim in 2013, but having seen him on the live feeds, they can see why he won.

Yes he manipulates them, but not in a malicious way.

If I remember correctly, you were ripping into Tim, way before he won. And at that stage, you hadn't meet him.

I had read your twitter rants about @Timdormer, @Estelle.Landy, before you deleted them.

Meh. Just proves that we all rant on social media.
Listened to it. Didn't think much of it, wasn't really funny, but can see where it could be seen as.
But what I have learnt from it is that a lot of people hold grudges online.
Seriously, there is life outside of the internet, TV, shows, media spew. LOL
Y'all need to get out more and interact with real people.

Need another tub of popcorn! Changes the dynamic here when we're talking to people rather than about people (and it is very easy to forget they are still people) and we all have our opinion on those people, opinions which can change over time. I think Tim's popularity is because he is a good fit for the Canadian format - he'd probably be less interesting on something like BBUK where it's still a popularity contest - or unpopularity contest to be more precise.

Would be interesting to know Ben how you would have played it if you'd represented Australia - I suspect your strategy would have been quite different to Tim's, but unlike Nikki I'm sure you wouldn't have gone in completely lacking one.

That's a question that will never be answered. I'm speaking with Benjamin now, and he isn't coming back to the forum.

So Benjamin style, getting-called welcoming parties are out? :p

It would be great if Benjamin wanted to contribute, and perhaps many posters would value that.

interesting to read, how can someone be made to want to kill themselves due to an online thread but then also say they're happy with their life? he was probably just exaggerating but that's a bit over the top, and he if wasn't exaggerating then I'd be worried

Ooooo. More Big Brother things for ex-housemates and us to comment on.

Which shall be good. Talking about different perspectives and all that. Plus seeing housemates in a different environment then the ones from their own series thereby creating a brand new dynamic.

It would be awesome if Tim could leverage his connections to bring a American/Canadian inspired format to Australia... With that said though I think he needs a strong team and a strong format behind him...

He needs someone who understands and appreciates what made BB great in Australia in the first place but who also understands the fundamentals of the American format... And why this new format needs to be marketed in such a way that it is not just a BB reboot but something new, fun, and exciting in it's own right... And NOT just another BB series with a few changes... It also needs a strong and consistent format week to week... I don't doubt that Tim's time in the BBCAN house has taught him a lot but that said I'm sure there's a lot that I'm not sure he gets... Also a carbon copy version just won't work for Australian viewers which is most likely the version Tim would pitch...

Big Brother Australia (if it were to come back) needs to go back to the original and the best format that channel 10 had and then maybe the show would stand a chance of getting viewers to watch it again, if it was to be reborn.

Channel 9 completely made a hash of the reboot hence why the ratings were low and subsequently, it failed.

Go figure:whistling:

P.S. Tim Dormer and Benjamin Norris could be the hosts for that yin/yang factor :laugh:

Last edited:
P.S. Tim Dormer and Benjamin Norris could be the hosts for that yin/yang factor :laugh:

LMAO

He they are in the commercial break.

463532613-two-men-fighting-and-bloody-gettyimages.jpg

Hmmmm. Saw this on Reddit - but not sure if it's actually true.

But apparently Tim was talking about Justynn at some point on the CA live feeds awhile ago and finally confirmed what we all heard way back in 2013 - Justynn was ejected from the house. As far as I'm aware, no HM from that year ever confirmed that it did actually happen - from memory even Nathan was reluctant to confirm it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BBAU/comments/49n4l7/justynn_ejected_rumours/

Back