Skip to main content

Tim Dormer talks about being cut off by Channel 9 for engaging with behindbb fans.

Sorry @DigitalCorp for putting you on the spot, but this must be exciting for you! Look everyone is talking about what you did. There are multiple articles written (One by daily mail. Not sure if I should count that one). I hope Tim comes back here to have a read after BBCAN.

My memory is fuzzy but I think there were a fair amount of articles when the post was first revealed, so he's probably used to this attention by now :cool:.

how much time does Tim spend reliving his 'glory days' on the big brother canada show? A lot? Or only a bit?
Not a lot of time but he does tell stories every so often, he leaves the names out but it's clear who he is talking about. He tells them accurately except he spun the one about he and Boog messing with each others clothes so that he wouldn't look bad. He also introduces things they did in BBAU to the BBCAN4 players. Most recently he taught them the 4 square game that they always used to play in the back yard. Tim also talks about strategies he used in his season. He is still well liked although a couple people are starting to get a little wary of him.

Worth remembering that by the time of the PM Tim had been in the industry for nearly a year and if he didn't want things publicised he should know better than to write them down and send them to someone who essentially is a stranger, and should certainly know better than to do it in this place. I suspect he sent that PM in the full knowledge it would likely be made public, and I think Tim being the kind of person he is was probably after the adoration of the fellow BB fan far more than the Channel 9 execs. Indeed there are few career options for him at C9 and this would have given himself the chance to look at opportunities elsewhere.

P.S. That said with Reno Rumble flopping badly for C9 they could probably do worse than buy in Big Brother Canada and give it a run. Doesn't matter hugely they'd be a bit behind initially (they could catch up with double episodes) but could be worth it to test the appeal of both Big Brother generally and the North American format. Nine might not be a starter but it would sit well on Go I'd have thought.

Worth remembering that by the time of the PM Tim had been in the industry for nearly a year and if he didn't want things publicised he should know better than to write them down and send them to someone who essentially is a stranger, and should certainly know better than to do it in this place. I suspect he sent that PM in the full knowledge it would likely be made public, and I think Tim being the kind of person he is was probably after the adoration of the fellow BB fan far more than the Channel 9 execs. Indeed there are few career options for him at C9 and this would have given himself the chance to look at opportunities elsewhere.

P.S. That said with Reno Rumble flopping badly for C9 they could probably do worse than buy in Big Brother Canada and give it a run. Doesn't matter hugely they'd be a bit behind initially (they could catch up with double episodes) but could be worth it to test the appeal of both Big Brother generally and the North American format. Nine might not be a starter but it would sit well on Go I'd have thought.

From my opinion i don't enjoy watching other series, it doesn't go well for me as i'd prefer watching an Australian version in Australia, as i can relate to the show a bit more.

Good on you Tim Dormer for revealing the truth. I am glad the media have picked up on this so a lot more people can be aware why Big Brother turned to absolute shit on Nine especially the 2014 season.

It just confirms our suspicions that the show has been majorly manipulated the whole time it has been on Channel Nine. It is everything we all suspected: rigging and favouritism and the housemates being manufactured by the producers. Now the show is dead with no sign of coming back. Alex and Chris really did a good job to kill off Big Brother Australia for good. We can thank them that the show is no more.

BB is tainted and the producers and Channel Nine have no one to blame but themselves for what they did.

Good on you Tim Dormer for revealing the truth. I am glad the media have picked up on this so a lot more people can be aware why Big Brother turned to absolute shit on Nine especially the 2014 season.

It just confirms our suspicions that the show has been majorly manipulated the whole time it has been on Channel Nine. It is everything we all suspected: rigging and favouritism and the housemates being manufactured by the producers. Now the show is dead with no sign of coming back. Alex and Chris really did a good job to kill off Big Brother Australia for good. We can thank them that the show is no more.

BB is tainted and the producers and Channel Nine have no one to blame but themselves for what they did.
It is dead now, but if Australian Survivor does well, it may revive the genre. Did IACGMOOH do well? Perhaps an AllStar BB season. The most important thing is that it gets off 9. The manipulation we all felt wasn't just paranoia. That is the best thing to come from Tim's revelations.

Hope Timmy wins this thing.

It is dead now, but if Australian Survivor does well, it may revive the genre. Did IACGMOOH do well? Perhaps an AllStar BB season. The most important thing is that it gets off 9. The manipulation we all felt wasn't just paranoia. That is the best thing to come from Tim's revelations.

Hope Timmy wins this thing.

manipulation by a bunch of amateurs who weren't as half as smart as they thought they were. it was a hodgepodge of poorly thought out and executed stunts, combined with some head scratching casting (Tom? Leo? Ryan?), and an obsession with manufactured storytelling in place of the organic narrative that comes up when you put a bunch of strangers in one house together.

That said if the series did return now an All Star season might be the best way of relaunching it. There may have been some stunt casting but I think (unlike BBUK) the housemates on the whole aren't a barrier to people watching and most are fondly remembered - well, those that are remembered are.

So I have been watching BB Canada on Youtube from California... then they shut down all the channels so I am left out. What happened in the double fake eviction E11? There must be a secret person uploading the shows somewhere. HELP

So I have been watching BB Canada on Youtube from California... then they shut down all the channels so I am left out. What happened in the double fake eviction E11? There must be a secret person uploading the shows somewhere. HELP

Go to Facebook and look for a guy named Mike Wahl.

Usually PMs between people aren't posted without both peoples permission, but no guarantees.
It's astonishing that Tim thought it was a good idea to answer a PM knowing he had no control over what would happen. Tim is savvy enough to know they were all over this forum looking for fan reactions.

On the plus side,I don't think he could have saved the last season over the terrible choices of the producers who turned off the viewers from day one with the terrible twists that completely changed the game. The ugly eviction of Genma wasn't something they could come back from.

Then they had a number of unlikable and fairly stupid people in the cast- they couldn't even get Aisha and Travis to leave for a large sum of money.

So maybe Tim was better off not being part of that awful last season. It was obvious to everyone he was sent in to get David to shave that horrible beard. I had forgotten about it.

His career isn't over. He came in second on Celebrity Apprentice and is very popular on BB Canada. So he did turn his BB win into a sort of career.

Last edited:
Apparently Benjamin(2012) was asked if he wanted to do BBCAN as well, and says he was offered $15k ish.

Ben had to be a bitch about Tim.

Does anyone in Gladstone listen to Ben on radio, it's not like it's a place to rush to live there.

If Ben was on BBCan, I think there would be to many gays in the village. ;)

Tim would have gotten more than 15k.

Back