Skip to main content

this is the worst season ever

I really dislike the lack of live feeds or live updates.
I detest the inconsistent scheduling.

However this season has still managed to give me plenty of laughs and smiles. I've enjoyed getting to know these characters as much as we could. I've enjoyed the community that builds in this place chatting about it. I've enjoyed @Luke Blundell's interviews and being able to get to know the evictees even more.
I've enjoyed the actual house itself, one of the best decorated houses we have ever had.
I have quite a few friends / colleagues etc. who would never join this forum but love the show and it's been fun texting and chatting with them. There's no other show quite like it.

Could I see ways to improve it? Absolutely.

Is that going to stop me from enjoying what we DO HAVE? Certainly not :)

Disregard my post and call me peachy or positive dude, I'm ok with that. In the end. I have enjoyed the 2014 BB experience just as I have every other previous season.

:)

I've watched 2004-2014 and honestly, I've never been as into a series as I have with this one. 2012 was by far the worst, they had one good housemate (Ray) and the Top 7 was absolute trash. Estelle was not entertaining but the fact I wanted her to win more than anyone else proved what a shit bunch they were. I didn't mind 07-08. I thought 06 was a bit lacklustre. 05 was the best I've seen, and 04 and 13 were good.

So I'd say this is the 4th best season I've seen. The coverage hasn't been the best, however I think this years housemate selection, and the way the series has played out, has been great.

I really dislike the lack of live feeds or live updates.
I detest the inconsistent scheduling.

However this season has still managed to give me plenty of laughs and smiles. I've enjoyed getting to know these characters as much as we could. I've enjoyed the community that builds in this place chatting about it. I've enjoyed @Luke Blundell's interviews and being able to get to know the evictees even more.
I've enjoyed the actual house itself, one of the best decorated houses we have ever had.
I have quite a few friends / colleagues etc. who would never join this forum but love the show and it's been fun texting and chatting with them. There's no other show quite like it.

Could I see ways to improve it? Absolutely.

Is that going to stop me from enjoying what we DO HAVE? Certainly not :)

Disregard my post and call me peachy or positive dude, I'm ok with that. In the end. I have enjoyed the 2014 BB experience just as I have every other previous season.

You know, I finally see what you're getting at with this and I agree.

I enjoyed being a part of the "experience" I created for myself by chatting along with other committed fans

Would I have enjoyed the experience I had more with another season?
Maybe not - because I wouldn't have spent as much time appreciating the humour of many of the members here because I would have spent more time watching the show.

Would I prefer 60,000 volts directly to the nipples to having to sit through this season again, without the forums?
Probably.

Will I be sad to see everyone here go on finale night?
Absolutely.

Will I miss what little content we did get?
Only if there's nothing better on next year.

I've watched 2004-2014 and honestly, I've never been as into a series as I have with this one. 2012 was by far the worst, they had one good housemate (Ray) and the Top 7 was absolute trash. Estelle was not entertaining but the fact I wanted her to win more than anyone else proved what a shit bunch they were. I didn't mind 07-08. I thought 06 was a bit lacklustre. 05 was the best I've seen, and 04 and 13 were good.

So I'd say this is the 4th best season I've seen. The coverage hasn't been the best, however I think this years housemate selection, and the way the series has played out, has been great.

This is the seventh best season out of the eight seasons I have seen of Big Brother Australia.

All this season is about is making a woman win.

This season started out bad but it ended up good. At least we have my favourites Priyan and generally housemates that stir things up (Skye, Lina, Penny and Travis).

Last year's started out good but it got horrible. Besides Drew, there wasn't a favourite housemate in the top 5. I had it with Mikkayla, Boogs and Ed (Jade was adorable, but she was a huge letdown for being all over Ed).

The whole show is just kaput as far as I'm concerned but yes, this would have to be the worst year ever. I didn't watch much of 2008 so I can't really comment on that season but it wasn't that bad from what I did watch.[DOUBLEPOST=1416839096][/DOUBLEPOST]

What have you been smoking?

For 10 it was the 2008 BB that was the worst. For 9 it's this year series of BB.
Even 2008 seems like it was better than this years...

I was just checking out the launch night video and even Kyle and Jackie O seem entertaining all of a sudden. Things where good in 2008 something about the gritty housemates feel, better selections back then....

Sorely miss this level of BB cheekiness. It's a boring ass picnic show now.

2008 wasn't the best but at least we could actually watch what was going on in the house and the core of the show remained intact. The axe also kind of fell more because of the couple of seasons leading up to it than the 2008 season itself.

This is without doubt almost certainly possibly the worst season of Big Brother in the world ever. In the last decade really following the show worldwide I've never known such disinterest from the fans as the show reaches it's final week - nobody really gives a stuff who wins.

We all why this season has sucked: lack of live updates and live streaming, Channel 9 continually altering the scheduled times for episodes, too many gimmicks, too many intruders all going into the house at once when we have barely got to know the original housemates etc.
The only saving grace for me this year has been Cat/Lawson, and I think that was unintentional, the producers had never bargained on that happening.

I'm in the minority but I think this series was better than last year's (well, by a hair really). Though I thought 2012 was a rather good comeback season. I got incredibly close to the housemates towards the end of the season (something that 2013 didn't do for me). 2014 is alright housemates-wise. I do feel a closeness to some of them (Priya and Ryan), but it still isn't as epic as 2012 was.

The best season ever has to be 2006, despite having the worst winner ever.

I don't think its the housemates who have made it bad, I think some of them are very strong, its the editing, the faux storylines and the forced interaction we are subjected too that has made it hard to watch, these housemates in a traditional season wouldn't have been too bad a mix
Exactly, and if the editing had not been so biased, then maybe some could have been saved while others evicted.

Even 2008 seems like it was better than this years...

I was just checking out the launch night video and even Kyle and Jackie O seem entertaining all of a sudden. Things where good in 2008 something about the gritty housemates feel, better selections back then....

Sorely miss this level of BB cheekiness. It's a boring ass picnic show now.
Wow, that was a studio audience!

I think 2012 is the worst season out of all the Big Brother seasons. It was filled with a majority of bad, self entitled and nasty housemates. It was Channel 9's first push of the family friendly angle. It was probably the most family friendly and childish season of Big Brother ever. They got rid of the "adult" show Confidential after one week which was pretty juvenile to begin with. There was Layla's boring showmances. There was the blatant favouritism of Michael and Bradley by the producers. Ray left too early. The producers manipulated the final result by showing the percentages with names two nights before the finale. And the icing of a bad season: A nasty housemate winning.

Need I say more?

Big Brother 2008 wasn't even that bad. The producers were just too focused on the stunts and Kyle & Jackie O weren't the best hosts for the show.

This season had potential but the inconsistent editing, the stunts and the lack of Big Brother on six days a week is my biggest peeve with this year.

What would make Big Brother pretty good next year which I think Nine and the producers could do if they really wanted:
  • Give us back the live update videos and Twitter feed.
  • Put Big Brother on six nights at week at 7.30pm (Evictions - Sunday 6.30pm). I would prefer hourly shows instead of 90 minutes though Eviction would be an exception.
  • Have an adult uncut type show with the adult conversations that take place in the house hosted by Sonia once a week which must run for the majority of the series.
  • Take away the twists and stunts except for the traditional twist at the start of the show. They should find a twist that can be consistent and run for most of the series.
  • A single eviction every week except for the occasional double eviction.
  • No "set up" conversations like in "Late Night Feast" last year and the early Sunday shows this year. Conversations should happen naturally.
  • Get rid of the forced audience reaction by Mike Goldman. The audience is smart enough on their own to make noise and laugh when they want to. Let Big Brother become real. None of this fake crap.
  • Please don't choose housemates like Jake. What did he do? Nothing.

Hey

I didn't want to start a new thread for this
But my sister met Lawson at a Mandurah nightclub and 'apparently' he told her that each housemate is given an agenda that they must follow. Eg. Skye's the dumb blonde.

I just wanted to say this, I'm not sure if I believe it, and I wasn't there so I didn't feel it necessary to create a thread.

Thoughts?

the whole show has been a mess this year
i don't think i'll miss it if its cancelled
if this is what alex thinks BB fans want to see then the guys a moron
its to scripted and the choice of hm's are pot plants that
offer little entertainment
the lack of access between shows no live feed has made it a boring soapy

Easily. At least 2008 had live streaming, web content, weekend coverage, a panel show, as well as some care factor. I wouldn't care as much now if it got axed as I did with 2008.

2007 and 2008 were great, it simply wasn't childish back then. Now with Gretel gone and Sonia presenting it like it's a children's show (which it is now) all has changed.

Back