Skip to main content

Things You Hate & Stuff That Annoys You...

My hate of the day is when kids leave things on the floor right at the doorway to their room.. so you step on them and fall over. Hard.
Like banging the base of your spine on the floor, and the side of your head on the end of their bed hard.
MESS!!
Me, as well as the room.
I'll swap you for a 25yr old who has his own bathroom ... with dirty laundry basket right beside door ... but I can't open that door fully because of all the dirty clothes on the floor behind it ... one foot away from the laundry basket ...

another thing that REALLY bugs me .... people stopping to have a conversation at the top of an escalator ... blocking people trying to get off - especially those with trolleys ... so that then there's this major pile up of people and the 'chatters' seem totally oblivious!!!!
GRRRRRRR

people don't care about you - they are only concerned about themselves - we're supposed to be mind readers ... I want to tell them I might swoop in on my broomstick but I don't carry a fkn crystal ball around with me!!

Why people can't pull over to allow others to drive around them in a carpark I cannot fathom - do they really think we're going to steal their space??

What also annoys me is people who take 5-6 attempts to get car into the car space ... back/forward/back/forward/back OMFG LET ME PARK THE DAMN THING FOR YOU!!!!

I feel your pain jessy_girl ... I swear half the people up this way are driving around on valium!!

there is one intersection nearby which has a pedestrian refuge in the middle of it and also in middle of 3 of the roads leading to it ... I've seen people on numerous occasions take the pedestrian refuge as being part of a roundabout ... and then discover they can't actually manouevre their car around there in one turn ... because its NOT a roundabout ... and quite clearly to anyone who should be behind the wheel of a car NOT a roundabout ... I've also nearly been collected by a few cars because they view it as "whoever enters the intersection first wins" - even though I'm travelling on the road that has right of way and they are entering from a GIVE WAY road that crosses it

lunatics!!!

seems you and I are the only decent drivers in Sydney ;) lol

Ugh so much yes! If only everyone was like you and me, seriously.

I get pretty bad parking rage, my partner says its because my life is so stress free that it has to come out somehow, but I think it's just because everyone else is such a terrible Parker I can't help it.

...whoa!... slow down there crimmy!... I live about 30 something Kilometres from Sydney!... if everyone in the World drove as good as I do then smash repairers and Insurance companies etc would fail to exist!... thousands and thousands... (perhaps even millions)... of people would now be unemployed if everyone was the same great driver that I am!... haha!... who am I trying to kid lol?... I feel for both you and jessy_girl dear crimmy... I really do!... cheers.:)
ok so jessy, crimmy and MrS are the only good drivers in metro and country NSW :) better now? :p;)

another thing that REALLY bugs me .... people stopping to have a conversation at the top of an escalator ... blocking people trying to get off - especially those with trolleys ... so that then there's this major pile up of people and the 'chatters' seem totally oblivious!!!!
GRRRRRRR

Yes this is irritating beyond belief as well. Or just stopping anywhere where it's quite obviously a throughfare. Add escalator rage to my list. Recently I got stuck behind a couple kissing on the escalator. Seriously. PDAs bother me enough as it is, but usually they are harmless and not blocking my path.

Recently these 2 people were chatting in a supermarket and their trolleys were blocking the shelves I needed, and they were just standing there. I just kept reaching over them hoping they would eventually move out of my way since they could literally chat anywhere, but instead they were giving me annoyed looks.

Yes this is irritating beyond belief as well. Or just stopping anywhere where it's quite obviously a throughfare. Add escalator rage to my list. Recently I got stuck behind a couple kissing on the escalator. Seriously. PDAs bother me enough as it is, but usually they are harmless and not blocking my path.

Recently these 2 people were chatting in a supermarket and their trolleys were blocking the shelves I needed, and they were just standing there. I just kept reaching over them hoping they would eventually move out of my way since they could literally chat anywhere, but instead they were giving me annoyed looks.
Well really!! I don't blame them - after all how dare you want to actually SHOP for stuff in a supermarket ... don't you know they are just THEEEE place to meet for a chat!?!

ffs - don't these people know about cafes? whizz around the "stupidmarket", get the boring stuff done, race over to the cafe for a relaxing halfsoy decaf moccachino with halfchoc halfcinnamon and marshmallows on the side .. WARM ... (ok so I made that all up and there's probably no such thing but you know what I mean!!!!) before picking the kidliwinks up from school and driving them to ballet or kungfu classes ... don't stand in the middle of a boring supermarket and catch up over a trolley of food that you KNOW the other person is quietly checking out AND judging!!! (well I saw crimmy at the supermarket today and you know - things can't be too wonderful in that household ... they're "making do" with the Cadbury chocolate this week - no Whittakers to be seen ... AND she's buying the generic milk ... tsk tsk tsk"

oh so I'm exaggerating ... I'm allowed to ... so there!!!

Well really!! I don't blame them - after all how dare you want to actually SHOP for stuff in a supermarket ... don't you know they are just THEEEE place to meet for a chat!?!

ffs - don't these people know about cafes? whizz around the "stupidmarket", get the boring stuff done, race over to the cafe for a relaxing halfsoy decaf moccachino with halfchoc halfcinnamon and marshmallows on the side .. WARM ... (ok so I made that all up and there's probably no such thing but you know what I mean!!!!) before picking the kidliwinks up from school and driving them to ballet or kungfu classes ... don't stand in the middle of a boring supermarket and catch up over a trolley of food that you KNOW the other person is quietly checking out AND judging!!! (well I saw crimmy at the supermarket today and you know - things can't be too wonderful in that household ... they're "making do" with the Cadbury chocolate this week - no Whittakers to be seen ... AND she's buying the generic milk ... tsk tsk tsk"

oh so I'm exaggerating ... I'm allowed to ... so there!!!

:hilarious: Hahaha so funny. And so accurate too.

Look I get it, you might bump into someone you haven't seen in ages or something, but at least get out of people's way right.

:hilarious: Hahaha so funny. And so accurate too.

Look I get it, you might bump into someone you haven't seen in ages or something, but at least get out of people's way right.
yes but also - you SAY "we need to catch up soon!" and "you'll have to come over for a bbq soon and we can all catch up" and six months later you still haven't arranged it ... so go right then and do something and catch up together ... life is too short to spend it in the stupidmarket aisle!!![DOUBLEPOST=1447831045][/DOUBLEPOST]I feel like I'm a bit screechy today ... I'm making loose with the !!!! all the time ...

bit tense ... shake it out crimmy ... shake it out ...

What also annoys me is people who take 5-6 attempts to get car into the car space ... back/forward/back/forward/back OMFG LET ME PARK THE DAMN THING FOR YOU!!!!
I have done that. Watched someone for a while trying to reverse parallel park and I had had enough, so asked them if I could do it for them. They let me. I am a reverser into car spaces as I do it at home all the time into a three sided undercover space.

I have done that. Watched someone for a while trying to reverse parallel park and I had had enough, so asked them if I could do it for them. They let me. I am a reverser into car spaces as I do it at home all the time into a three sided undercover space.

Haha that's pretty funny. It's the type of thing I dream of doing but instead just sit there seething and judging them.

My silly sister has been driving and then stopped in the middle of the road so I can park. I wish she'd just let me drive in the first place.

Haha that's pretty funny. It's the type of thing I dream of doing but instead just sit there seething and judging them.

My silly sister has been driving and then stopped in the middle of the road so I can park. I wish she'd just let me drive in the first place.
I always reverse into spaces now unless I can drive through one into the one I want. I find it the most effective way to park. I've been in cars where I wish I'd been the driver. I can suffer from motion sickness and I hate people doing the acelerate surge, take your foot off, surge, etc. Making me nauseous writing about it. Just drive to conditions ffs.

I always reverse into spaces now unless I can drive through one into the one I want. I find it the most effective way to park. I've been in cars where I wish I'd been the driver. I can suffer from motion sickness and I hate people doing the acelerate surge, take your foot off, surge, etc. Making me nauseous writing about it. Just drive to conditions ffs.

Yeah I prefer reverse parking, it depends though. I may be guilty of that style of driving at times, I'm not sure. Naturally with all my frustration at others driving I am an excellent driver myself ;)

...I've just seen an ad on TV for 'Allens Snakes Alive' lollies and a young kid is seen flying a remote control helicopter thingamabob and his mum puts one of the lollies on the helicopter for him to eat... the helicopter veers out of control towards a small hedge and the little brat calls out "Mayday!... Mayday!" until it crashes into the hedge... he runs over to it and then grabs the lolly and quickly eats it then smugly says... "the pilot didn't make it!"...

...yes I know that it is just an ad... yes I know that it's appealing to the kids to go buy those lollies by using a whizz-bang toy to keep their attention and yes I know that I'm probably carrying on about something very very trivial... BUT!...

...tell me what kid has ever... EVER!... in the whole history of mankind has ever called out the words... "Mayday!... Mayday!"... when an aircraft of any kind was about to crash?... please!... tell me!... he wouldn't be old enough to even know what those words meant let alone call them out for gods sake!... the last time that I ever heard that call was when I watched an old 1930's War movie somewhere...

...I so hate writers of ads that just write the script for these ads assuming that we will all just sit there and accept whatever shit that they portray to us!... make the ads believable you dumb-arse imbeciles!... don't take it upon yourselves to treat us all as morons!... I dunno... maybe I should take some more sips of rum to calm me down or something?... GRRRR!... cheers.

...I've just seen an ad on TV for 'Allens Snakes Alive' lollies and a young kid is seen flying a remote control helicopter thingamabob and his mum puts one of the lollies on the helicopter for him to eat... the helicopter veers out of control towards a small hedge and the little brat calls out "Mayday!... Mayday!" until it crashes into the hedge... he runs over to it and then grabs the lolly and quickly eats it then smugly says... "the pilot didn't make it!"...

...yes I know that it is just an ad... yes I know that it's appealing to the kids to go buy those lollies by using a whizz-bang toy to keep their attention and yes I know that I'm probably carrying on about something very very trivial... BUT!...

...tell me what kid has ever... EVER!... in the whole history of mankind has ever called out the words... "Mayday!... Mayday!"... when an aircraft of any kind was about to crash?... please!... tell me!... he wouldn't be old enough to even know what those words meant let alone call them out for gods sake!... the last time that I ever heard that call was when I watched an old 1930's War movie somewhere...

...I so hate writers of ads that just write the script for these ads assuming that we will all just sit there and accept whatever shit that they portray to us!... make the ads believable you dumb-arse imbeciles!... don't take it upon yourselves to treat us all as morons!... I dunno... maybe I should take some more sips of rum to calm me down or something?... GRRRR!... cheers.
They may hear these sorts of things in online games though MrS ... my son became very cluey about myths and legends via one game he used to play ... so you never know ...
All I can think of when I see that lolly on a drone is ...where's mine? Lol

They may hear these sorts of things in online games though MrS ... my son became very cluey about myths and legends via one game he used to play ... so you never know ...
All I can think of when I see that lolly on a drone is ...where's mine? Lol

...haha!... perhaps crimmy... I didn't think of that but that really is drawing a long bow if the writer of the commercial is assuming that all kids know the meaning of those words regardless methinks!... (maybe it's just me being too pendantic?... lol!)...

I certainly knew what the word meant when I was a youngster like that.

...yes... I did too Khun Khun but we would've heard that expression on many occasions because of the WWII movies that were always being thrashed on TV back then but there aren't too many movies or TV shows nowadays to give kids the knowing about that phrase now though would there surely?... but as crimmy said... they may hear it in a game possibly but not often enough for it to have any relevance to all kids I imagine... but as I said to crimmy... perhaps I'm just being too pendantic?... lol!... cheers.

OMG I hate that so much. I am such a bitch when it comes to grocery shopping. I don't even ask or say excuse me any more. If the trolley is blocking me, I just grab it & shift it so I can get to what I want to get. I think my annoyed face says it all so i've rarely had anyone call me out on it.

haha... I can relate. I watch these ads and I think to myself... somewhere there was a board meeting & they all signed off on this advert like it was a good idea. For example, the latest Dick Smith advert...

"Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick" It's about the only time that 30 seconds of Dick is not acceptable!

Also, the endless adverts for mascara. GTF outta here! That ain't just mascara, they are major false eyelashes. Or the adverts...

Oh I better stop now. I could be here ALL night!!!!!!

haha... I can relate. I watch these ads and I think to myself... somewhere there was a board meeting & they all signed off on this advert like it was a good idea. For example, the latest Dick Smith advert...

"Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick Dick" It's about the only time that 30 seconds of Dick is not acceptable!

Also, the endless adverts for mascara. GTF outta here! That ain't just mascara, they are major false eyelashes. Or the adverts...

Oh I better stop now. I could be here ALL night!!!!!!

Omfg I have thought the exact same thing re mascara ads. Who dafuq are they trying to kid eh?

I wish people would control their kids. So I took a little girl to playgroup today and this little boy kept ranming his car into hers. You know those big red ride on cars? Anyway, he was doing this and gleefully laughing so I gently asked him to please stop so my girl could play in peace. Kept happening so I kept asking and would stand between them, then he'd come at her from another angle. I'm wondering where his grown up is but no one seems to care so I take the drastic step of parenting someone else's child and spoke to him more firmly and that brought his mother over instantly and told me not to discipline her son. She's happy to watch him be a little shit but god forbid someone pulls him up on it.

Back