Skip to main content

Things You Hate & Stuff That Annoys You...

...something that I really hate is when I see people walking through a mall with no shoes on... a man and woman were walking along with nothing on their feet and you could see that the soles of their feet were black with dirt... but what really irks me is when they stepped onto the 'Travelator' moving escalator... I had to look away because all I could imagine was that one of them would catch one of their toes in the 'teeth' at the end of the escalator and lose it... I actually feel squeamish thinking of it as it is happening... I see it so often in our local Mall... it does my head in... cheers.

I gotta say.. I was so shocked when we first came to Australia & I was down the local little shopping centre the day after we arrived & I saw about 3 people wearing no shoes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My Mum (she's quite proper) nearly had a heart attack.

I hate people sitting in the gutter ... I often see young people sitting on the kerb and chatting to a friend or just sitting there waiting for parents to pick them up from near the station ... it really bugs me

this is NOT a thing to aspire to!
take it from someone who has had chunks of skin cut out of her body to remove skin cancers

True. I was more referring to the fact that i don't like getting out in the sun often. But that skin cancer stuff sounds horrible. I hope all is ok.

I hate people sitting in the gutter ... I often see young people sitting on the kerb and chatting to a friend or just sitting there waiting for parents to pick them up from near the station ... it really bugs me

I always think someone is going to run over their feet in a car!!!

My daughter went through a stage in high school when she would just lie on the floor. Didn't matter where she was. People took video's of her, all sorts. In the end people just accepted it. Even the teachers. "Oh that's just *****, she always does that." I never did though, but would she listen to me? Nooooooo... It used to scare me that she wasn't aware of her surroundings because she would be laying there with her eyes closed.

The last time she did it was at a bus stop & the police drove past. They turned the car around & came back to see if she was ok. They gave her a massive lecture about putting herself in a vulnerable position & she was so shocked that she got in trouble from the cops, she never did it again.

Thank you Mr Po Po.

Lying on the ground reminds me of my aversion to going barefoot outside except on sand or grass.

Why have these things become the norm? They happen often and the first two show a disregard for safety and courtesy by the perpetrators and I admit to being guilty of the third one, but not anymore.
- Not using indicators
- Doing a u-ey from a parking space and holding up traffic in both directions. People let you into the traffic presuming you're heading in the same direction and then they have a u-ey to wait for.
- Eating out with friends and enjoying the company, yet social media is more interesting apparently. The mobiles are being checked regularly.

Ok what is with people walking really slowly in the middle of the road and not getting out of the way of a car? This has happened a bit lately and it's infuriatingly strange.

Ok what is with people walking really slowly in the middle of the road and not getting out of the way of a car? This has happened a bit lately and it's infuriatingly strange.
Yet if you have a go at them for obstructing the road they look at you as if you're in the wrong. Nuh uh. Footpaths - people. Cross at the crossings then if you want to be safer and be less likely to get hit. Or not. Roads - motorised vehicles and bicycles. Ok, there's another annoyance.

Yet if you have a go at them for obstructing the road they look at you as if you're in the wrong. Nuh uh. Footpaths - people. Cross at the crossings then if you want to be safer and be less likely to get hit. Or not. Roads - motorised vehicles and bicycles. Ok, there's another annoyance.

Ugh yes. Same as people who try to leg it really fast across the road when I'm coming even though there are no cars behind me. Just wait a few seconds...

People bobbing around like blobs of jelly on the travelators in shopping centres, or in front of you in supermarkets. If you don't want to walk, use the escalator, there's usually a choice. Just DO something, don't lurk taking up the entire space.

Ugh yes. Same as people who try to leg it really fast across the road when I'm coming even though there are no cars behind me. Just wait a few seconds...
I KNOW!! I watched a group of people waiting to cross the road and one took off at a decent clip and then had to wait for them on the other footpath. I've never understood that 'daredevil' thing.

People bobbing around like blobs of jelly on the travelators in shopping centres, or in front of you in supermarkets. If you don't want to walk, use the escalator, there's usually a choice. Just DO something, don't lurk taking up the entire space.
I always thought that stay to the left unless you are climbing or walking was the thing to do, so as not to impede others.

I always thought that stay to the left unless you are climbing or walking was the thing to do, so as not to impede others.

Yes, ok this reminds me. I use road rules as a pedestrian too with the footpath and stick to the left unless overtaking and try not to hog the path. This might seem pedantic to do so, but why can't everyone else do it. How easy life would be.

Yes, it's not so bad just taking a ride as long as you allow people to pass, but a lot of people don't seem to prepare to move early enough, and all conceal into one big obstruction.

ALSO lately I've been getting much more intense than usual carpark rage, just last week I was at a shopping centre and so very many cars would just stop in the middle of the road, no indicator, not even hazard lights or some such way to tell me WTF they are doing. Like... are they parking? Do I need to stop? Can I go around them? Are they eyeing off a person walking to their car? Why aren't they going into one of the many spots in the distance? Why are they stopping in a one way place where I can't get past? These are all questions I asked myself on the one day due to all these cars just stopping.

ALSO lately I've been getting much more intense than usual carpark rage, just last week I was at a shopping centre and so very many cars would just stop in the middle of the road, no indicator, not even hazard lights or some such way to tell me WTF they are doing. Like... are they parking? Do I need to stop? Can I go around them? Are they eyeing off a person walking to their car? Why aren't they going into one of the many spots in the distance? Why are they stopping in a one way place where I can't get past? These are all questions I asked myself on the one day due to all these cars just stopping.
people don't care about you - they are only concerned about themselves - we're supposed to be mind readers ... I want to tell them I might swoop in on my broomstick but I don't carry a fkn crystal ball around with me!!

Why people can't pull over to allow others to drive around them in a carpark I cannot fathom - do they really think we're going to steal their space??

What also annoys me is people who take 5-6 attempts to get car into the car space ... back/forward/back/forward/back OMFG LET ME PARK THE DAMN THING FOR YOU!!!!

I feel your pain jessy_girl ... I swear half the people up this way are driving around on valium!!

there is one intersection nearby which has a pedestrian refuge in the middle of it and also in middle of 3 of the roads leading to it ... I've seen people on numerous occasions take the pedestrian refuge as being part of a roundabout ... and then discover they can't actually manouevre their car around there in one turn ... because its NOT a roundabout ... and quite clearly to anyone who should be behind the wheel of a car NOT a roundabout ... I've also nearly been collected by a few cars because they view it as "whoever enters the intersection first wins" - even though I'm travelling on the road that has right of way and they are entering from a GIVE WAY road that crosses it

lunatics!!!

seems you and I are the only decent drivers in Sydney ;) lol

seems you and I are the only decent drivers in Sydney ;) lol

...whoa!... slow down there crimmy!... I live about 30 something Kilometres from Sydney!... if everyone in the World drove as good as I do then smash repairers and Insurance companies etc would fail to exist!... thousands and thousands... (perhaps even millions)... of people would now be unemployed if everyone was the same great driver that I am!... haha!... who am I trying to kid lol?... I feel for both you and jessy_girl dear crimmy... I really do!... cheers.:)

My hate of the day is when kids leave things on the floor right at the doorway to their room.. so you step on them and fall over. Hard.
Like banging the base of your spine on the floor, and the side of your head on the end of their bed hard.
MESS!!
Me, as well as the room.

I hate this with those damn goths sitting right in front of the main entrance of my Westfields.

Go and be miserable someone else, bloody turds.

Back