Skip to main content

things i hate that everyone else loves

I hate when people wonder why some are interested in post bb antics after the bb shows are well and truly over on a BBB site. It's like claiming superiority over other posters for their interests in whatever it may be... again on the BBB site in the off season!

I've never gotten that one either. If you're not interested in it then WTF are you doing here lol?

What I hate everybody else loves (on this forum):

Thinking about / Following housemates after the finale has aired. It really does seem that some members lives revolve around keeping up with what the HMs get up to post BB. I find it really weird.

Oh well, run along then and go do something else other than visit a Big Brother forum in the off season. Problem solved.

Thinking about / Following housemates after the finale has aired. It really does seem that some members lives revolve around keeping up with what the HMs get up to post BB. I find it really weird.

You do realise that some members on here are friends or relatives OF the housemates, right?:bag:

Flying object coming your way. Can't stand this viewpoint, sorry.

Think about it like this: does junk food do anything for you, health wise? No, but it tastes (very) good.

Why does good music have to have "soul"? Do you only watch and enjoy educational or "meaningful" TV shows? You're on a Big Brother forum so obviously no.

So do you actually dislike techno based on its sound - or because it doesn't have "soul"?
I can't stand it when people try to claim superior taste in music because they believe theirs has "soul".

I don't like it because of the sound.

A couple of people I know are lip kissers when they greet you. It freaks me out as one of them in particular, the male, isn't a dry kisser and I don't really like either of them anymore. My male bestie is also a lip kisser but it doesn't bother me. As for handshakes I like a good, firm one. Limp ones always have me wiping my hand against my leg surreptitiously afterwards. I can't help it.
What I hate is being called love, darl, doll, sweetie, dear, hon, by people I don't know. Not fond of them by people I do know as well as them abbreviating my real name.
Not entirely sure why but I feel somehow offended by the dead lettuce handshake. As for lip kisses from strangers..can't stand it but for politeness, limit my reaction to a surreptitious wiping of my lips. (Much like the hand wipe).

I'm a little curious now- I wonder why TV game show hosts do the kiss on women. (And I haven't seen a male host kiss a male contestant so it does seem to be a gender 'thing')

Not entirely sure why but I feel somehow offended by the dead lettuce handshake. As for lip kisses from strangers..can't stand it but for politeness, limit my reaction to a surreptitious wiping of my lips. (Much like the hand wipe).

I'm a little curious now- I wonder why TV game show hosts do the kiss on women. (And I haven't seen a male host kiss a male contestant so it does seem to be a gender 'thing')

Oh, dead lettuce handshake is a good term for it! *shudder* I like a good firm one myself, like a rockmelon. The "dead lettuce" ones are in most cases, more wet than a sloppy lip smack as they seem to last longer than I would like.:unsure:

As to TV game shows...YES I noticed it when I watched Family Feud (don't judge me!!) that Grant seems to get close to tongue action with some of the women, but a mere cursory handshake with... the BLOKES.

ohh an add to the list. Grant Denyer.

I think so. Male dominance? Thinking it's chivalry? Just being 'nice'? Who knows. Yes, I am very disappointed by a limp fish/lettuce handshake. I do the lip wipe too. At least we know where to go 'strength' wise should we ever meet, lol.
Back to abbreviations of names. Someone on here abbreviated Khun Khun to Khun which threw me. It's a name I am not called by anyone except five people so I have no idea why I used it on here. Probably that anonymity thing so as to protect myself but as I've changed my photo from my tattoo of a seahorse to one of me I might as well change my name to being my given one. Fiona

I think so. Male dominance? Thinking it's chivalry? Just being 'nice'? Who knows. Yes, I am very disappointed by a limp fish/lettuce handshake. I do the lip wipe too. At least we know where to go 'strength' wise should we ever meet, lol.
Here's a virtual for now *firm handshake* Yeh "Just being nice" has to be in the top ten of passive aggressive excuses- it recalls previous decades of wolf whistles, saying "come on love, give us a smile" and pats on the bum. And the game (and award) show hosts tend to look a bit pleased with themselves; that they think they're being gentlemanly or charming.

Oh, dead lettuce handshake is a good term for it! *shudder* I like a good firm one myself, like a rockmelon. The "dead lettuce" ones are in most cases, more wet than a sloppy lip smack as they seem to last longer than I would like.:unsure:

As to TV game shows...YES I noticed it when I watched Family Feud (don't judge me!!) that Grant seems to get close to tongue action with some of the women, but a mere cursory handshake with... the BLOKES.

ohh an add to the list. Grant Denyer.

Yes!! Is there a worse feeling than a lingering flacid handshake? *bristles* Gotta admit, I think it was Denyer that sparked that thought heh! You, @Khun Khun and I should appear as contestants just to make "bleugh" faces and cleanse with Dettol wipes, to protest against his suspect and patronising kisses :sneaky:. Ya with me?

Dammit, I missed the edit deadline<---- I hate that. Also dislike competitions or interactive features that require Facebook or Twitter, no other options available. Ditto PayPal only e-stores.

Here's a virtual for now *firm handshake* Yeh "Just being nice" has to be in the top ten of passive aggressive excuses- it recalls previous decades of wolf whistles, saying "come on love, give us a smile" and pats on the bum. And the game (and award) show hosts tend to look a bit pleased with themselves; that they think they're being gentlemanly or charming.

Yes!! Is there a worse feeling than a lingering flacid handshake? *bristles* Gotta admit, I think it was Denyer that sparked that thought heh! You, @Khun Khun and I should appear as contestants just to make "bleugh" faces and cleanse with Dettol wipes, to protest against his suspect and patronising kisses :sneaky:. Ya with me?
I'm in.

Dammit, I missed the edit deadline<---- I hate that. Also dislike competitions or interactive features that require Facebook or Twitter, no other options available. Ditto PayPal only e-stores.

Agreed on all counts.

Another one. Cooked fruit for a savoury purpose, as in: Banana and Pineapple fritters, like they have at Red Rooster, or Apricot Chicken.:sick:

Agreed on all counts.

Another one. Cooked fruit for a savoury purpose, as in: Banana and Pineapple fritters, like they have at Red Rooster, or Apricot Chicken.:sick:

Very much this. I always thought maybe it was because I am not a fan of fruit, but I really hate fruit used in savoury meals. Pineapple is the worst when cooked :yuck:

Techno music
Starwars
Lord of the Rings
A League
Techno music
Cucumbers
Wine
Coffee
Peanut butter
Music festivals
Techno music
Angry Birds
Pitch Perfect
Coconut
Sushi
Techno music
Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
Techno music
Techno music
Techno music

There is 'techno music' and then there's 'techno music'. I find that 'techno music' is too much of a generic general label that encompasses a large swathe of subgenres (that range from the cheesy euro dance trash to sophisticated intelligent dance music) that share little resemblance to each other.

Sometimes when I listen to tracks such as these I struggle to keep my composure; it elicits an emotional reaction that I feel reaches the core of my soul, something that few other genres of music manage to do.

Meh, to each their own as that's how I kinda feel about most rock music from the 60s to today, the bulk of it strikes as derivative boring white bred pap. You've 1 or 2 rock songs, you've heard them all. *shrugs*

There is 'techno music' and then there's 'techno music'. I find that 'techno music' is too much of a generic general label that encompasses a large swathe of subgenres (that range from the cheesy euro dance trash to sophisticated intelligent dance music) that share little resemblance to each other.

Sometimes when I listen to tracks such as these I struggle to keep my composure; it elicits an emotional reaction that I feel reaches the core of my soul, something that few other genres of music manage to do.

Meh, to each their own as that's how I kinda feel about most rock music from the 60s to today, the bulk of it strikes as derivative boring white bred pap. You've 1 or 2 rock songs, you've heard them all. *shrugs*

I don't have an issue with all electronic music. It's just the pure techno sub genre that I can't get into.

Ahhh so you have listened to one ACDC song and heard them all? :laugh:

Back