Skip to main content

things i hate that everyone else loves

@Jay Jay
Well it looks like kxk has really made a big impression on you since you joined up earlier this month... well unless you were formally a lurker... She seems to really evoke a strong reaction out of you, for your sake I hope that you can move on and not let her posts ruin your time on this forum... I ran into a similar problem in the past with someone and now I've personally worked through my issues with that person and am happy to read their posts with out getting angry... Good luck to you. :)

@Jay Jay
Well it looks like kxk has really made a big impression on you since you joined up earlier this month... well unless you were formally a lurker... She seems to really evoke a strong reaction out of you, for your sake I hope that you can move on and not let her posts ruin your time on this forum... I ran into a similar problem in the past with someone and now I've personally worked through my issues with that person and am happy to read their posts with out getting angry... Good luck to you. :)

Me angry...not at all!
'Lurker' Maybe... doesn't everyone start out that way on 'Cyber' forum talk?
But still...not a very nice choice of words on your part..
It only takes one thread and one post to incense interest and reaction..no?
Kxk didn't make a big impression on me...other than the fact that,like you,
I chose to comment,as is my right,regardless of how long it is since I joined!
Are you her bodyguard?

Interesting thread, full of posters quirks:)

She was a fabulous hairdresser, I recall when you posted about her doing your hair.
Did she move on?
Does she still do hair?
I remember her talents on HMs, especially that Kate girl, the homophobe - Vesna cut her hair and made her look cool and hot.

I hate people who have never watched Doctor Who, hating on Doctor Who, it is a modern TV masterpiece, watch just one episode of NuWho and see for your self.
You must begin with an historical episode, Van Gogh, or the Shakespeare

I find this Cumberbatch, guy utterly repulsive and creepy, HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DOCTOR WHO
He is sherlock holmse though, and that is produced by the same guy Moffatt.

ANYONE TO DO WITH DOCTOR WHO, HMM, big list
Catherine Tate
David Tennant
Matt Smith
Peter Capaldi
Peter Davies
Billie Piper
Redgrave
Kylie Minogue
Nick Frost
Simon Pegg
Dianna Rigg - and host of other Shakespeare & stage actors
Every wonderful English actor really, very few miss out on the chance to do DW.

Doctor Who is the perfect TV concept, and romantic at heart more than anything.

This is very interesting.
And taken to extremes - have you watched Food Hospital, Fat v Skinny, food shows?
Food Hopsital is about people with very extreme food issues, like some can only eat one thing, and changing them so they don't die of malnutrition.

My brother, and I and Nick, all have picky eating habits.
We all overthink, over sensate, over everything about textures and shit.

Like Penny and that prawn she spat - we used to love prawns, then one day, we ate big ones - erk, I'm eating a muscle thing, what is this, eww, I don't like this texture at all, fuck prawns now.
Unless small and covered in dressing, i ate a prawn cocktail at Christmas, since the aversion set in.

But I love most other seafood, including oysters.

Brother will not even enter a fish restaurant.

But re the fruit thing.
I started out bad.
As a kid, any furry fruit - piss off, even peeled, apricots and all the stone fruits only any good in a can.
oranges - yuck, all the pith crap, segmented free of all crap ok
bananas - to this day, slimey disgusting things. But I love them cooked in things, the flavour banana.

Apples - granny smith I liked.

Anyway - fruit was weird. But I retrained myself, and now am an absolute fruit lover.
Fruit flavours are divine - now matter how they are carried.
Gradual, fruit by fruit - and get THE BEST, A grade fruit is different.
Peaches were my first furry conversion, and I still don't love the skin - peel it.
I had a boyfriend who loved fruit, bought a tray of perfect peaches - and fed them to me, romantic and it worked.

And I love mango - clean and easy, no little pips or icky bits.

Picky, overthinkers - I can talk myself out of anything.
I love Raspberries & strawberries - but I can overthink and begin to go, icky, little pips, what am I doing........no, no, no don't go there, drink a raspberry soft drink spider and remember you love this flavour.
As kid any of those funny berries were ick to me, blackberries especially.

It is a bit like self hypnosis - try it.
I did the opposite as a teen, made myself hate potatoes - because they were fattening.
Still don't like many potato things, hate all chips, yuck.

And i dislike channel 9 and Christmas right now, and enormous arses being shoved at us by anyone.
Bad clothes offend me.
Ok, I should have said, anyone who has played Dr Who. I have watched the show in the 70s and it didn't grab me at all.

Me angry...not at all!
'Lurker' Maybe... doesn't everyone start out that way on 'Cyber' forum talk?
But still...not a very nice choice of words on your part..
It only takes one thread and one post to incense interest and reaction..no?
Kxk didn't make a big impression on me...other than the fact that,like you,
I chose to comment,as is my right,regardless of how long it is since I joined!
Are you her bodyguard?
I'm so sorry if I have offended you that was not my intention, I'll do my best in the future to choose better words as to not offend people... nope not kxk bodyguard... and the reason I though that she made an impression on you was because in you op to me you said....

I don't usualy post negative comments about anyone online,but in this case,some of her comments have provoked me to do so!
My interpretation of that was that she had caused or in your words provoked you post to a negative comment I mean if someone provokes me to say or do something they must of left or made some sort of impression on me... well again that's how I took your comment, clearly that was not how you meant it.... my bad:).... anyway not everyone in life or on an online forum is going to see eye to eye or get along, it's kind of what makes us all such amazing people... Enjoy the rest of your evening and I can't wait to interact with you in future on the forums.... Oh an one last thing I also like your posting style of just putting one statement or thought on a line... very nice...:thumbsup:

..at least I've managed to be vegetarian options guess.
And a big thank you to Swype Auto-predict, for making me sound like I offer myself as a menu choice. :bang: I meant ' at least I've managed to be vegetarian, I guess".

You can make your own if you are so inclined? I know of a recipe and it's actually pretty nice.

Hell yeah I'm so inclined! Is it difficult? Complex?
Thanks Kismet, that's a really nice offer. :)

Oh how much I relate to that. I loveeeeeeeeeee cheese, soy cheese are not nice IMO.

I don't like animals being killed. Eating them, is eating a carcass. One day Westfield had a power cut for 30 minutes, I passed in front of the butcher shop, it stunk of death. You could smell dead animals.

Yup, I understand that feeling. I remember peeking into a white van that I thought was delivering bread, only to find it was a butcher's, and it was full of skinned sheep carcasses hanging from hooks- Because it caught me unawares, I nearly passed out from shock; for me, it was like stumbling into some serial killer's fresh dump-site. (Yes, I am a sook- that's why I'm a vego)
One of my favourite cheeses is a French double Brie that I get from Harris Market at Bondi- one of the few cheeses that don't use calf rennet. Beautiful :in love:
I hate the lack of respect for learning and eduction, and for brilliant minds.
The way many Australians scoff at the smart - in Europe great minds are held in awe, and great public debates are part of life.
Especially bad are the uneducated, who think they are geniuses just because they somehow survived to be adults minus any real education and have a job.

People who have never had to study, and study really hard - dedicated, research and analysis involved - well if you have never attempted learning at the highest level you have no understanding of what changes this makes to you, and your mind.
Totally agree with this, about those who resent education, and it's probably these people who think the educated are elitists, that support Tony Abbott's $100 000 uni degree policies.

I'm so sorry if I have offended you that was not my intention, I'll do my best in the future to choose better words as to not offend people... nope not kxk bodyguard... and the reason I though that she made an impression on you was because in you op to me you said....

My interpretation of that was that she had caused or in your words provoked you post to a negative comment I mean if someone provokes me to say or do something they must of left or made some sort of impression on me... well again that's how I took your comment, clearly that was not how you meant it.... my bad:).... anyway not everyone in life or on an online forum is going to see eye to eye or get along, it's kind of what makes us all such amazing people... Enjoy the rest of your evening and I can't wait to interact with you in future on the forums.... Oh an one last thing I also like your posting style of just putting one statement or thought on a line... very nice...:thumbsup:
Thank you! I appreciate your response!
I guess I can see what you mean,words can be taken so out of context,especially online!
Once you press that button,it's out there...drat!!!
It can be confronting taking the step to respond and post comments,but at the same time,when you receive a response,no matter how positive or negative,it can be interesting...it gets you thinking one way or another!
Just settling to watch 'Serial Killer Sunday'...take my mind off the provocation...lol {*~*}
Cheers! J.Jxx

@jarrah ... it's timely as in, near a 3 day process from start to finish. Some of that is soak time. The prep and cook times respectively are less than 10 mins each. You just cannot eat it immediately. That said, I will post it in the Recipes thread tomorrow morning for you.;)

Totally agree with this, about those who resent education, and it's probably these people who think the educated are elitists, that support Tony Abbott's $100 000 uni degree policies.

I consider myself educated and I certainly do NOT support Abbott's policies. He and Hockey are morons, and I doubt I need to "roll tape" to show that fact. Hockey's policy on EDU is putting Uni EDU out of reach of the Uni student HE WAS. He's a complete fuckwit.

@jarrah ... it's timely as in, near a 3 day process from start to finish. Some of that is soak time. The prep and cook times respectively are less than 10 mins each. You just cannot eat it immediately. That said, I will post it in the Recipes thread tomorrow morning for you.;)

I consider myself educated and I certainly do NOT support Abbott's policies. He and Hockey are morons, and I doubt I need to "roll tape" to show that fact. Hockey's policy on EDU is putting Uni EDU out of reach of the Uni student HE WAS. He's a complete fuckwit.
Sorry, I must've worded that badly; what I mean is that I suspect it's some of the less educated people who resent others for being educated-they probably support Abbott Inc. making Uni students pay punishing fees. Personally, I loathe the reptile in the blue tie and think he's a wilfully ignorant and destructive sociopath who approaches social policy with the attitude of a privileged bully.

Wow three days is way less than I'd imagined. I thought there'd be a few months of waiting for cultures and stuff. I'll check the thread tomorrow :)

Sorry, I must've worded that badly; what I mean is that I suspect it's some of the less educated people who resent others for being educated-they probably support Abbott Inc. making Uni students pay punishing fees. Personally, I loathe the reptile in the blue tie and think he's a wilfully ignorant and destructive sociopath who approaches social policy with the attitude of a privileged bully.

Ah. I agree with you even with this take on all counts.

Wow three days is way less than I'd imagined. I thought there'd be a few months of waiting for cultures and stuff. I'll check the thread tomorrow :)

It's there waiting for you.;)

What a pack of bitches you are. What ugly posts. Kxk is actually Fabulous. FULL. STOP.

Bitches? Im telling her how she treated me, just because I was new and didn't fit the mould you older posters were used to when the show was off air, wow how surprising a influx of new people would come in to a Big Brother forum when it came back on... maybe if she hadn't been such a bitch, she wouldn't get the angst she gets now, and you KKK weren't much better

Actually I should thank you both, its why whenever a new poster comes in to the OT Im actually super nice and inviting, due to the flack you lot gave us newbies at the time

Techno music
Starwars
Lord of the Rings
A League
Techno music
Cucumbers
Wine
Coffee
Peanut butter
Music festivals
Techno music
Angry Birds
Pitch Perfect
Coconut
Sushi
Techno music
Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
Techno music
Techno music
Techno music

Last edited:
I hate the expectation that because I'm a woman, it's ok to hug or kiss me as an introductory greeting. A decent handshake is quite enough thanks.

Techno music
Starwars
Lord of the Rings
A League
Techno music
Cucumbers
Wine
Coffee
Peanut butter
Music festivals
Techno music
Angry Birds
Pitch Perfect
Coconut
Sushi
Techno music
Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
Techno music
Techno music
Techno music
In case we didn't find it in the post, you don't like techno music? I'm not having a go, I'm smiling as it reminds me of something an ex used to do to my shopping lists if they got left lying around and I too hate, loathe and despise techno music.

I hate the expectation that because I'm a woman, it's ok to hug or kiss me as an introductory greeting. A decent handshake is quite enough thanks.
A couple of people I know are lip kissers when they greet you. It freaks me out as one of them in particular, the male, isn't a dry kisser and I don't really like either of them anymore. My male bestie is also a lip kisser but it doesn't bother me. As for handshakes I like a good, firm one. Limp ones always have me wiping my hand against my leg surreptitiously afterwards. I can't help it.
What I hate is being called love, darl, doll, sweetie, dear, hon, by people I don't know. Not fond of them by people I do know as well as them abbreviating my real name.

In case we didn't find it in the post, you don't like techno music? I'm not having a go, I'm smiling as it reminds me of something an ex used to do to my shopping lists if they got left lying around and I too hate, loathe and despise techno music.

*gets ready to duck flying objects*

Yep! I really hate it! It has no soul! I've always figured that good music is meant to make you feel something but I get nothing from it personally.

*duck*

Flying object coming your way. Can't stand this viewpoint, sorry.

Think about it like this: does junk food do anything for you, health wise? No, but it tastes (very) good.

Why does good music have to have "soul"? Do you only watch and enjoy educational or "meaningful" TV shows? You're on a Big Brother forum so obviously no.

So do you actually dislike techno based on its sound - or because it doesn't have "soul"?
I can't stand it when people try to claim superior taste in music because they believe theirs has "soul".

What I hate everybody else loves (on this forum):

Thinking about / Following housemates after the finale has aired. It really does seem that some members lives revolve around keeping up with what the HMs get up to post BB. I find it really weird.

That's why I said that I get nothing from it personally. I know that a lot of people love it and that's why I posted it in this thread.

Back