Skip to main content

things i hate that everyone else loves

I envy you from a dietary point of view, I'd be a lot healthier if I didn't love these things, but I can't live without.
Licorice on the other hand is pretty vile, and I could give up lamb.
The only licorice worth eating is Darrell Lea. The original, none of this raspberry and the like.

Anyone from Dr Who really.
hof003.jpg

-Kim Kardashians arse. How TF is that ginormous arse attractive? Seriously, can someone explain it to me?
-Anything that smells like coconut - including coconut.
-Any product (haircare, skincare, air fresheners etc) that smells like fruit. The only thing that should smell like fruit is fruit.
-Sonya. I don't know why, I can't put my finger on it but she really grates on me. (But not as much as Kyle and Jackie O when they hosted)
-Hotdogs. Blergh!
-Chocolate Mudcake.
-Tattoos. Never seen one that I've thought was attractive. Seen lots of ugly squidgey smudged distorted ones on older bodies though and even on some young ones. I don't understand why anyone would set themselves up for that. Its not art when you can't even see what it's supposed to be.
-Coriander
-Clara Oswald
-Football and Cricket
-Rap
-Slapstick Comedy
-Farting and burping. Seriously, so not hilarious.
-Cool people. Not the actual cool people, just the ones who think they're the cool people.
-Lawsons overalls
-Foot cleavage
-The feel of some velvets
-Strangers I meet who kiss or hug me. Back off!
-Massages
-Pretentious cars.
-The Notebook...someone earlier said they hated this too. I watched and I waited to see the masterpiece it was supposed to be - and then it ended. Biggest load of bullshit hype for any movie I've ever seen.

Coconut in savoury dishes or as a whole?
I will eat snowballs, Cherry Ripes and lamingtons and that's about my limit in that regard. In cooking it's the texture (a contradiction to the previous sentence I know but it's different)
and taste of it in the food and as for coconut milk I really struggle it but will tolerate it in extremely small doses. I cannot decide which one I dislike most, that or coriander. For the time being I will say coriander. I'd go parsley any day. I don't like the smell of coconut either in hand/body creams, suntan oils, hair products. Makes me slightly nauseous. I am a bit like that with vanilla and lavender fragrances too. Give me frangipani, sandalwood, lemongrass, musk.

I will eat snowballs, Cherry Ripes and lamingtons and that's about my limit in that regard. In cooking it's the texture (a contradiction to the previous sentence I know but it's different)
and taste of it in the food and as for coconut milk I really struggle it but will tolerate it in extremely small doses. I cannot decide which one I dislike most, that or coriander. For the time being I will say coriander. I'd go parsley any day. I don't like the smell of coconut either in hand/body creams, suntan oils, hair products. Makes me slightly nauseous. I am a bit like that with vanilla and lavender fragrances too. Give me frangipani, sandalwood, lemongrass, musk.

Ok so you like more "woody" or "waxy" scents.

My fub loathes coriander too so when a dish calls for coriander, I usually replace it with flat leaf parsley as it is similar in look: have even replaced it with thai basil on occasion.

If you wanted to eat thai food that usually calls for coconut milk, a good alternative is evaporated milk? How are you with creamy pasta dishes?

To add to your disdain of coconut.. I tried coconut water the other day. It's one of the grossest things I have ever tasted in my life.:sick:

I was people watching at my local shopping centre this week and it seems that the craze is for coconut water. I couldn't believe the number of people coming out of the supermarket drinking the stuff. Blerk!!
I prefer creamy pasta dishes to tomato ones actually. Depends on the dish really. I can't do carbonara though. If I'm at a Thai restaurant I stick with seafood as there's usually less of what I don't like in it.

I was people watching at my local shopping centre this week and it seems that the craze is for coconut water. I couldn't believe the number of people coming out of the supermarket drinking the stuff. Blerk!!
I prefer creamy pasta dishes to tomato ones actually. Depends on the dish really. I can't do carbonara though. If I'm at a Thai restaurant I stick with seafood as there's usually less of what I don't like in it.

Hey if they want to drink bile, who are we to judge.:speechless:

You are fine with a Satay Skewer or two at a Thai place?

If I eat an Italian restaurant, I usually opt for Veal Scallopine as I cannot eat tomato...period.

I've only just started to like satay. Peanut butter has always been a bread or toast thing for me. I was thinking earlier of having chicken and vegie satay for dinner. Why I was thinking of dinner at 5am I don't know. LOVE Veal Scallopine. Beef Stroganoff is a favourite too in the creamy meat dishes as is chicken and mushroom pasta. Dammit, I don't know what to have for dinner now, lol. Roast lamb might be the go.

I've only just started to like satay. Peanut butter has always been a bread or toast thing for me. I was thinking earlier of having chicken and vegie satay for dinner. Why I was thinking of dinner at 5am I don't know. LOVE Veal Scallopine. Beef Stroganoff is a favourite too in the creamy meat dishes as is chicken and mushroom pasta. Dammit, I don't know what to have for dinner now, lol. Roast lamb might be the go.

That's funny because the only thing I can eat peanut butter in IS Satay. I don't like the mouth feel of it any other way- it's tacky on the palate.

If you are so inclined, I have a good Strog recipe and I can pop it in the Recipes thread if not for tonight but for future reference.:thumbsup:

That's funny because the only thing I can eat peanut butter in IS Satay. I don't like the mouth feel of it any other way- it's tacky on the palate.

If you are so inclined, I have a good Strog recipe and I can pop it in the Recipes thread if not for tonight but for future reference.:thumbsup:
I would like that please. I usually use the one on the back of one of those bases packs. There are two and one is better than the other. Yes, I get what you mean by the tackiness on the palate. Sometimes it a real turnoff. Dad swears by the Aldi one and I like the no name ones - smooth not crunchy. I tried a low fat one or something like that once. Ghastly stuff. The same sort of feel to it but thicker than some of the low fat yogurts. Almost grainy.

I would like that please. I usually use the one on the back of one of those bases packs. There are two and one is better than the other. Yes, I get what you mean by the tackiness on the palate. Sometimes it a real turnoff. Dad swears by the Aldi one and I like the no name ones - smooth not crunchy. I tried a low fat one or something like that once. Ghastly stuff. The same sort of feel to it but thicker than some of the low fat yogurts. Almost grainy.

Well, if you have, dijon, beef, paprika and a stock cube in the house, you're pretty well set for my "scratch" recipe.:thumbsup: I will pop it up later today once I have got work out of the way.

An ex boyfriend fucked me over when we went to see a movie one time in the US and told me (what were those horrible reeses things) was actually M&M's. I did a literal spit take of that shit akin to the below.

Tom-Hanks-Big-GIF.gif

Peanut butter cups. I had either a Reese's or Hershey's one once. Awful, awful thing. Had a Lindt one more recently. Much better quality chocolate for a start but still awful.

Back