Skip to main content

The Weather Thread

Our carport got up to 46.8 today at about 4pm. It's still 42.3 in the carport (7pm in SA). It's fkg hot. I think this would have to be the hottest day I ever remember. I don't know what the record it but I don't ever recall a 46 degree day. I was sure the air conditioner wasn't working - until I walked outside. Then I realized how good it was.

Haha I did just make a large fruit salad, will that be enough?? I hope their hotel had a pool for a dip at least? I spent most of the day yesterday at the beach knew today would be bit to much so stayed in aircon, how long are they here for?

Fruit salad is fine, they have prob been eating unhealthy stuff. I think most of their activities have been of the indoor variety given that they both still live at home! They return tomorrow - I have missed him. Just watched some of the beach stuff on TV, good call to keep away by the look of it.

Our carport got up to 46.8 today at about 4pm. It's still 42.3 in the carport (7pm in SA). It's fkg hot. I think this would have to be the hottest day I ever remember. I don't know what the record it but I don't ever recall a 46 degree day. I was sure the air conditioner wasn't working - until I walked outside. Then I realized how good it was.

I know, it was unbearable outside at one point.

I foolishly walked to the shops at about 1.00 pm, the air-conditioning had fooled me into thinking it wasn't so bad. At 6.30 pm we went for a walk to the beach, it was still 42 degrees.

Fruit salad is fine, they have prob been eating unhealthy stuff. I think most of their activities have been of the indoor variety given that they both still live at home! They return tomorrow - I have missed him. Just watched some of the beach stuff on TV, good call to keep away by the look of it.

Haha fair enough!! Go #2!! Are they surprised at the weather down here? I just went out on the balcony, hasnt called down much and the heat coming off the building you can feel it radiating, back inside for this little ducky!

I know, it was unbearable outside at one point.

I foolishly walked to the shops at about 1.00 pm, the air-conditioning had fooled me into thinking it wasn't so bad. At 6.30 pm we went for a walk to the beach, it was still 42 degrees.

Yeah I've been out in it most of the day. There was swimming lessons at the beach this morning, then kids to drop to work, took one to a physio appointment, two are now at a farewell party for the girlfriend of one so we had to go out and buy her a goodbye gift, I had to pick my neice up from a medical appointment (broken foot, she can't drive), had to deliver lunch to a husband stuck at a fire control point, then had kids to pick up from work, go to the supermarket to get something for tea, check my mother was ok and not melted in the heat, plus numerous other jaunts around the countryside and all I wanted to do was go home and sit under the a/c. It wasn't much different to my normal day but i guess I really noticed all of the taxi runs because of the heat.

Bloody hot, in Melbourne here. Hubby is outside teaching our 12yo daughter how to water the plants properly and to do it at night. And don't bother with the grass

I hope your car has decent air-conditioning Wynter.

Yeah, it does but it would have been still well over 50 degrees inside it every time I got in. It took a while for the air conditioner to make a difference. For the first few minutes it just felt like it was blowing scorching hot air.

been in 45deg for a week in south west Qld never got much under 40 even in the night.. it is not nice.have no intentions of moveing from the coast now at least we get a sea breese by about 8 at night .

Wow...Thank you

I have a friend in Tassie who is there because her daughter is having a bay any minute now.

*puts geography teacher hat on* (which I am... A geog teacher that is, not a hat...)

Yes, the ES get the weather that we here in WA have a few days ago.... It's all due to the general west to east movement of the sub tropical highs that get pushed down over the southern part of Australia during the summer months due to the movement of the heat equator....

Pay attention, there will be a test on this later...

And.....according to ABC special weather science guy - it's a few things combined, general summer patterns plus a few extra bits, interrior is very dry apparently not much winter rain(??) or something, somethign wasn't paying attention unfortunately.

Rambled about something else then what stood out, no el ninos or ninas effecting us at moment - yeah, I know what they are;

Next bit - it's a DELAYED MONSOON thing happening too that will keep us hot and dry until MONSOONS happen.

Worst thing he said, looking worried, apparently it's some timing issue and if the timing is off next monsoon opportunity - we are fucked

I can cope as long as we keep getting the yo-yo pattern, our forcasts keep going - too hot day/stinky night/cooler for 2 days/stinky hot day/night/2 days relief again.

...go to the local bottle shop and walk into the fridge and take an hour to choose which carton of beer that you want to buy then go home and drink the cold beers while you're cool... now there's a plan!... cheers.

Tuesday 8th jan- Today is 40 degrees in Perth as well ya know...

Not that anyone east of kalgoorlie seems to realise or care...

Back