Skip to main content

The Weather Thread

Starting to cop a hammering in Rockingham. Winds very strong. Windows are vibrating.

Reports of ferocious thunder/lightening & power out across Eaton, Capel, Margaret River, Busselton, Yallingup.

Winds now to 106km/hr at Rottnest Is. Line of storms approaching Dwellingup & Mandurah.

LSCP has jumped in the shower.

That means she wants us to take advantage of the increased outdoor noise factor.

Toodle pip til later ... my turn for the shower ! :D

regarDS

News is saying it wasn't as bad as expected?

The very thing I said to incoming staff at shift change over last night, would no doubt be the case.

I also said this would be another case of mampy-pampy society allowing themselves to be scared and led by a MainStreamMedia that seems to be hooked on scaring and misleading the population, just like it is doing with the whole AGW/CAGW/MMCC scam/fraud.

They've cried wolf far too often to now be taken all that seriously.

regarDS

It's funny how the media makes a big report any time it rains - even interviewing people on the street about it.

A few days ago in Sydney they seemed to be amazed that it had been the wettest June day in 5 years. lol

December 5th prediction: today's the hottest day since February!

I say a very big sucked in the the footy fans of Perth tonight.

However the joke may be on me as I still have to get from the office to the train station!

It didn't end up being anything much here either. We were told to expect 80km/h winds with 100+ km/h gusts. We got around 30km/h with 45 km/h gusts. A bit breezy but nothing to what they expected. We got 3mm of rain but that's also nothing to what they expected.

It didn't end up being anything much here either. We were told to expect 80km/h winds with 100+ km/h gusts. We got around 30km/h with 45 km/h gusts. A bit breezy but nothing to what they expected. We got 3mm of rain but that's also nothing to what they expected.

Yet here comes a Great Big New Tax on everything all because "they" basically claim the world will be destroyed unless CO2 is taxed and traded in the way "they" have devised.

regarDS

Yeah nothing much here either, however I am currently noticing an annoying gust directly above me.

woweee the perth storm was CRAZY. well.. in the suburbs it was okay we didnt notice anything, but 1.5hrs south a TREE went thru my parent's neighbours ROOF !! WOW. although luckily they werent at home, it is their holiday home they were renovating.. seems like they will be doing MORE THAN PLANNED LOL.

yep.

although, we knew the "storm" was coming the day before and my douche bag fellow street dwellers didnt even bring their bins up -_- bins all over the road!

Back