Skip to main content

The WALL'S Coming down next week!

Agree with what everyone has written above! It's a welcome relief for that stupid divide to come down - it is ruining the show and doesn't allow for human interaction! This is Big Brother NOT Big Jail!

And I agree with everything that you said! PS Re your avatar, Drew looks so spookily like young Keanu Reeves, maybe they should've had Keanu as the big Hollywood star as the guest tonight, I would've liked to see Keanu flip his wig! :)

What is this lame shit? More recycled tasks and removing the only thing currently working in their favour? I fucking knew the wall wouldn't last long. Fucking gimmicks.

I like the wall too.

I really hope Tully gets evicted before the wall comes down. She's way too sooky about being in the halfway house.

TBH i love the wall,
its causing issues within the house.
it makes being nominated more harsh, which is perfect
i always knew it would have to end at some point. just wasn't expecting it so long

seeing people break down because they are on the unsafe side is perfect, its the point of the game. to bring the housemates to the point of breaking
as they have no control.

Couldn't care less about what people are saying on Facebook, I'm sure if they all wanted Drew gone you'd agree. Truth is though, the wall is currently working in their favour. It's causing drama and forcing people to think about nominations way more seriously. The fact that the big players are up for nomination this week proves that. Once the wall comes it will be back to typical Big Brother where all the big players get a free ride to the final three. I don't see Tim surviving long either.

Yeah I think it needs to go but not quite yet. Forcing certain people to interact more has benefits, and seeing how different people deal with begin I'm the halfway house has benefits too. But we readers are a slave to BB whims too I guess.

So you don't think Tim will last long. Does that mean you think housemates AND public will vote him out? I reckon HMs might vote for him a bit but public keep him in. Maybe that's just be thinking all public will do as I would. I like watching him. Don't think I'd want to live with him tho.

the wall can go if Tullys gone. otherwise I want the wall to stay just to keep putting her in the halfway house in the nominations. I know i'm mean.

The wall really is the only thing causing any thing to actually happen in the house. it seems to be a source of causing conflict.

Take it away and they all lay in the backyard suntanning on towels and getting along.

I am sure Tully isnt the only one getting upset about being in there...she just is the only one being shown to openly show it.
I think this is a sign of confidence and i think she is great.

having said that...it would be funny to leave her there by herself for a day..just for a laugh

Personally, I'm in two minds about the "wall", but it's clear that somebody at Nine has pulled the trigger early on several counts. We can only hope that the changes in the next two weeks are GOOD for ratings, and Nine might feel more confident about adding content.

Fingers crossed.

The wall really is the only thing causing any thing to actually happen in the house. it seems to be a source of causing conflict.

Take it away and they all lay in the backyard suntanning on towels and getting along.

Initially I wasn't a fan of the divide as I just wanted to see the hms all interact without restrictions, but I think it's been great fodder for some interesting situations. Also have 6 nominated hms has really cemented the purpose of the divide between the two groups.

So now the Gym will come back into play in a big way along with the lazying by the pool and sunbaking ...

Little soon to be taking it down imo, but at least they managed to keep a twist for longer than one week for once. I would have kept it up until a few weeks before the end though, maybe even only taken it down for the last week.

I agree it should have stayed for longer, and in fact I would have liked to see them dial up the differences more and use it as an escalating source of conflict in the house. Like, there could have been weekly tasks where one side had to wait for the other, or where pairs were created across the divide who then had to work together, or make the divide the basis for the initial showdown teams.

Just because it wasn't innovative doesn't mean they couldn't have innovated more with it - but in typical fashion, they give up before they've really done anything.

I'll repeat what I've always said: the intersection of the interesting and entertaining parts of the show is the social experiment that pushes HMs further and further out of their comfort zones and challenges them to make judgements and react to situations well outside the norm. It's fun to watch them flounder and scramble and (sometimes even) excel, for the entertainment-seekers, and it's interesting to see their fundamental character strengths and weaknesses on display, for the voyeurs.

I don't like how the nominated HMs have to live in much worse conditions than the other HMs. It would be better if there was a mini version of the HW house reserved for HMs who break the rules.

I agree it should have stayed for longer, and in fact I would have liked to see them dial up the differences more and use it as an escalating source of conflict in the house. Like, there could have been weekly tasks where one side had to wait for the other, or where pairs were created across the divide who then had to work together, or make the divide the basis for the initial showdown teams.
This is such a true statement - especially the bit about Showdown.

It goes to show that while the twist did have its good points, there was still many other aspects of it that were not thought-out properly from the start nor executed to the twist's full potential.

I'm not really phased about the wall coming down. I've enjoyed it being there, it was good at first to see how the different hosuemates reacted to the different living conditions. Without the wall, it will be nice to see how they all interact with each other permanently rather than for small time periods. That said, we probably won't get to see a lot of it going by the amount of things that are mentioned in the live feed and during nominations that don't get shown on tv.

Back