Skip to main content

The Voice 2015 Australia

I don't get how this show is still going when not a single contestant has had any commercial success

I don't get how this show is still going when not a single contestant has had any commercial success

My thoughts exactly! It's almost depressing watching the finale knowing that the winner will not get a career out of this. Still, at least she gets a car and $100k (a crapkosd of money for a 16 year old) whereas all the runners up will likely just disappear forever despite their talent.

Obviously not everyone can "make it" but the show seemingly has no emphasis on helping their talent.

My thoughts exactly! It's almost depressing watching the finale knowing that the winner will not get a career out of this. Still, at least she gets a car and $100k (a crapkosd of money for a 16 year old) whereas all the runners up will likely just disappear forever despite their talent.

Obviously not everyone can "make it" but the show seemingly has no emphasis on helping their talent.
Nine couldn't care less. They make their money on massive ratings!

I'm still upset Nathan got into the finale over Caleb.

Nine couldn't care less. They make their money on massive ratings!

I'm still upset Nathan got into the finale over Caleb.

It's true, they seriously don't care and the proof is in all the forgotten talent. Even Delta missing out having on a finalist came back to self promotion rather than her really believing in her artists and wanting to develop their career. It goes ratings > coaches > just about everything else > the actual contestants.

I noticed Jessy J flew out of sydney the next morning. Not that she has to stick around or anything, I mean the show is over, but it really emphasises to me that it was just a job for her.

Back