Skip to main content

The voice - 2013

Rien... Previous boy band member...

Once again they don't choose someone who has been in a pro band or had a record deal previously. They'll let them sing but they won't turn around. He's the 3rd or 4th one like this so far.

Mind you they did take that guy who'd flown in from Sweden to audition.... But he's the odd one out.

Anyone else viewing this via the repeats like me, Friday & saturday night, then i can just watch MKR - and 7's catchup/iview whatever is crap.
Ricky is so fine.......

It seems to me that there are less and less newly undiscovered people this year and more "had a CD in the 80's/ 90's and was dropped by the label" on the short list and therefore teams.

Channel 9 and the recording studios associated with the show less willing to take a chance on a complete unknown perhaps??

Michael Paynter ... famous for the following song, is auditioning tomorrow ....

[video=youtube;OOfBwSYvIic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOfBwSYvIic[/video]

And also, Abby Dobson (front woman of 90's band Leonardo's Bride) apparently auditioned but didn't get through!

wow Michael Paynter was doing well not that long ago - I wonder how it all went downhill so fast!

I wonder if USA/UK will steal Ricky?

Seems like Australia is the audition for more lucrative OS contracts

Hoo bloody ray... They've finally realised that there is more of australia west of the blue mountains....

Ooo I'm watching the repeats friday/saturday - and ooo la la, Ricky was sexy intense last night, when fighting for that lovely boy with depression and a magical voice.
The eyes, he almost teared up and looked like he might kill if he didn't get that guy- and Seal looks dirty & oily next to Ricky, damn he's pretty.

Can't wait for the battle rounds to start, mainly cos i'm sick of getting an eye full of Delta's chest!

Everyone that auditions appears to be a person that has either already had a chance with a recording deal in the 80's or 90's, is a backup singer for someone, a roadie with talent, or basically has some sort if close connection with the music industry already ( eg related to a rocker/singer...)

My point is that unlike idol, there doesn't seem to be anybody is a total noob to the industry...

That's the whole point of the show, well my understanding, is that people get asked to audition, not just get a chance cos they stood in the line like Idol. So, only people with actual talent get asked on the show in the first place.

Back