Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Adding to your rant. People still open mouth cough while waiting in line. It honestly takes every will power I have not to cause a scene.
I keep seeing Australian politicians on TV coughing onto their hands when speaking. It's as if nobody has learnt anything these last couple of years. Between that and our slack attitude to the environment, maybe humanity truly deserves to die out.

The dye in the pool so if someone did pee in it, the pool watwe in that area would turn green.

I actually laughed so hard at the we don’t swim in your toilet so don’t pee in our pool. I’m sure it’s a know. Saying but I’ve never heard it before
Very old...like me!

So my friend I met up with in Bangkok tells me she tested negative. And we were sharing (perfectly legal) spliffs there right up to our last night. So I must have picked up the bug right at the end of the trip. We did go to Chinatown the previous evening and were maskless because we were snacking at various food stalls, among thousands of other people. So between that and the maskless dicks at the airport I most likely picked it up either on the Saturday evening or Monday morning before I flew home. Either way I'm pretty much at the end of my contagious period, which is something. Would have been more helpful if I'd tested positive on my first test on Friday though. Hope I didn't infect anybody. 😬 I'm glad I decided to wear a mask whenever I went out after I got back, regardless. And I'll keep that up.

So my friend I met up with in Bangkok tells me she tested negative. And we were sharing (perfectly legal) spliffs there right up to our last night. So I must have picked up the bug right at the end of the trip. We did go to Chinatown the previous evening and were maskless because we were snacking at various food stalls, among thousands of other people. So between that and the maskless dicks at the airport I most likely picked it up either on the Saturday evening or Monday morning before I flew home. Either way I'm pretty much at the end of my contagious period, which is something. Would have been more helpful if I'd tested positive on my first test on Friday though. Hope I didn't infect anybody. 😬 I'm glad I decided to wear a mask whenever I went out after I got back, regardless. And I'll keep that up.
People sleep together right through a covid infection and don’t catch it from their partner. My 2 housemates didn’t catch it when I had it. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I keep seeing Australian politicians on TV coughing onto their hands when speaking. It's as if nobody has learnt anything these last couple of years. Between that and our slack attitude to the environment, maybe humanity truly deserves to die out.
And they’re the ones who decide the health rules. Such confidence in the system 😂

In households if one person has caught it, a lot of times no else catches it within the family. There were a few articles on it if I remember. In my case it’s true. Each one of us in my family caught it at various times, except my 5 year old who really out of all of us should have caught it first with her gross germ like ways.

In households if one person has caught it, a lot of times no else catches it within the family. There were a few articles on it if I remember. In my case it’s true. Each one of us in my family caught it at various times, except my 5 year old who really out of all of us should have caught it first with her gross germ like ways.
Haha, yeah it seems pretty random. I wish it had randomly missed out on me considering I've done everything right since the start and supported all the (ahem, previous) measures imposed to try and stop its spread from the start. oh well.

Just took another test and ofc it's still a strong positive, I didn't expect any different. Maybe I should have bought another brand . This one is defective!!! 😂

Haha, yeah it seems pretty random. I wish it had randomly missed out on me considering I've done everything right since the start and supported all the (ahem, previous) measures imposed to try and stop its spread from the start. oh well.

Just took another test and ofc it's still a strong positive, I didn't expect any different. Maybe I should have bought another brand . This one is defective!!! 😂
I’ve heard heaps of people kept testing positive a month later. Hopefully that won’t be you 😬 you’ll really curse out the people who lack hygiene 😂

I’ve seen people put their hand under water for a few seconds (no rubbing no soap, just place hand under water) and then walk out. I can see why these viruses, flu’s and covid get out of hand. In saying that a little bit of germs does the immunity system good too.

In saying that a little bit of germs does the immunity system good too.
Not this one!!! 😂

According to my timeline, I was past my most contagious period before I even got my positive test:

The CDC says that its guidelines were updated to reflect growing evidence that suggests transmission of COVID-19 often occurs one to two days before the onset of symptoms and during the two to three days afterward.

"This has to do with data from the CDC that really showed after seven days there's virtually no risk of transmission at this point," Arwady said. "And in that five-to-seven-day window, you know, there's some depending on whether people have been vaccinated, underlying conditions, etc., but the risk drops a lot and the feeling is that in the general population, combined with masking, etc. the risk really is very low."

Not this one!!! 😂

According to my timeline, I was past my most contagious period before I even got my positive test:

The CDC says that its guidelines were updated to reflect growing evidence that suggests transmission of COVID-19 often occurs one to two days before the onset of symptoms and during the two to three days afterward.

"This has to do with data from the CDC that really showed after seven days there's virtually no risk of transmission at this point," Arwady said. "And in that five-to-seven-day window, you know, there's some depending on whether people have been vaccinated, underlying conditions, etc., but the risk drops a lot and the feeling is that in the general population, combined with masking, etc. the risk really is very low."
That’s why the spread of it is so high. By the time you find out it really is too late.

I meant more the common germs and that it’s okay for kids to play with dirt, etc. covid is unlike any of those diseases and is the exception. Here’s a question though, how much longer does everyone think this will carry on? I remember thinking it will be a few years tops once the vaccinations started to take place, but it’s never ending and soon enough will become like the common cold or the strand will just keep coming back and morphing into something new.

That’s why the spread of it is so high. By the time you find out it really is too late.

I meant more the common germs and that it’s okay for kids to play with dirt, etc. covid is unlike any of those diseases and is the exception. Here’s a question though, how much longer does everyone think this will carry on? I remember thinking it will be a few years tops once the vaccinations started to take place, but it’s never ending and soon enough will become like the common cold or the strand will just keep coming back and morphing into something new.
Just so disappointing the vaccines aren't stopping transmission the way other vaccines do. When they first came out their studies showed wildly differing protection of up to 95% but also way less. If they had lived up to those numbers we'd have pretty much stamped it out by now. So unless they make a massive breakthrough, I think we're stuck with it.

The thing that is most worrying for me right now is I wake up during the night and my heart rate is really racing. I have to control my breathing and almost meditate to bring it down. I don't want to wear out my heart. I'll be really pissed off if I die. I'm just on the cusp of improving my life! Not now, Covid! FFS. Actually regretting my trip to Bangkok now.

Just so disappointing the vaccines aren't stopping transmission the way other vaccines do. When they first came out their studies showed wildly differing protection of up to 95% but also way less. If they had lived up to those numbers we'd have pretty much stamped it out by now. So unless they make a massive breakthrough, I think we're stuck with it.

The thing that is most worrying for me right now is I wake up during the night and my heart rate is really racing. I have to control my breathing and almost meditate to bring it down. I don't want to wear out my heart. I'll be really pissed off if I die. I'm just on the cusp of improving my life! Not now, Covid! FFS. Actually regretting my trip to Bangkok now.
So sorry Timmy! Covid has done a number on you it seems but don’t lose hope and be proud you trying to improve your life, don’t let covid stop you from that. Hoping you recover quickly and when you do, I do recommend breathing exercises and water exercises with breathing control to improve your health. People don’t realise how important breathing exercises are to the body.

Fuck covid!

So sorry Timmy! Covid has done a number on you it seems but don’t lose hope and be proud you trying to improve your life, don’t let covid stop you from that. Hoping you recover quickly and when you do, I do recommend breathing exercises and water exercises with breathing control to improve your health. People don’t realise how important breathing exercises are to the body.

Fuck covid!
Thanks, and yeah I'll definitely look into that. Got nothing better to do rn.

Also goes to show how careful people should be if kids get Covid. They could appear to have mild cold/flu-like symptoms, but I'd definitely be checking their pulse or getting a pulse oximeter to make sure their blood sats are ok and their little hearts aren't going crazy.

Ok the diarrhoea is unrelenting. But for some unfathomable reason I ordered in Indian for dinner last night. Well it was mainly because I wanted to check how my sense of taste is faring, but in hindsight this was a poor decision.

I was going to test again tomorrow but I can tell from my nose it'll still be positive. Need to wait until it dries up completely I think. Meh.

Back