Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Thanks guys.

I've always been with the same doctor, at the same practice.
They apologised for the new rule but it's been forced on them.
I don't think there are any other practices in my area that are taking new patients and bulk bill.

I may have to phone back tomorrow and ask for any doctor rather than just mine, and suck up the $75 fee.
I couldn‘t get an appointment at all when I was in Australia. No one was taking new patients. And my medicare card is not valid any more. Luckily it wasn‘t critical. Not sure what you are supposed to do if it is.

People around here have been complaining for 30+ years about doctors appointments. We have 20+ doctors (2 clinics) and a population of about 5000 BUT you cannot get an appointment inside 3-4 weeks. If you are really sick (and whinge a lot) they may allow you to see a nurse who then assesses you to see if you require a doctor. Failing that you have to go to Casualty at the hospital and wait for hours until someone sees you.

When I'm at the beach I can get an appointment either the same day or at worst the day after. They have fewer doctors and a much bigger population to deal with. I don't get it.
Weird

So I rang as soon as they opened and got the one free appointment for the day, but not with my doctor.
They only had two doctors and a nurse working today.

So I see him, get my prescription renewed, no problem
Afterwards I go to the reception desk to pay.
The same receptionist who told me yesterday that there was no bulk billing anymore and that I'd have to pay $75, waves me away and tells me there's no charge.

I guess it was a good day after all..

So I rang as soon as they opened and got the one free appointment for the day, but not with my doctor.
They only had two doctors and a nurse working today.

So I see him, get my prescription renewed, no problem
Afterwards I go to the reception desk to pay.
The same receptionist who told me yesterday that there was no bulk billing anymore and that I'd have to pay $75, waves me away and tells me there's no charge.

I guess it was a good day after all..
Well done. Did you get a bunch of repeats?

Oh so sorry @timmy. Hopefully you don’t get any long lasting symptoms and the loss of taste is only temporary. It’s getting out of hand for sure. One of the class years in my childrens school has reached 20 kids now with Covid since last week. I can only seeing this getting higher with more kids in other grades also catching it because they have siblings.

I think it has become the normal with less people caring about it. The mums at school treat it like it’s nothing and some don’t even register it and still send their kids to school because “they didn’t really get symptoms”.

I’d like to point out my dad has an implanted defibrillator and ended up in icu because of covid so whilst some think it’s nothing, others will suffer. Unfortunately my dad caught it from my sister and her husband who are now non denominated Christians and I don’t care who I offend, but the unreasonable type. They do not believe in medicine of any sort or vaccinations in general. They won’t even allow their young children to take paracetamol and will place wet rags of white vinegar on their children to bring down temperatures. It’s actually insane. They at one point convinced my dad that all the medication he takes is against true prayer and I of course lost it. I have no issues with having faith in your life- so not mocking any one who does, but I think there needs to be a reasonable logic to it.

I really drifted off the conversation here. Anyways Covid is a menace. Some are just luckier than others.

Oh so sorry @timmy. Hopefully you don’t get any long lasting symptoms and the loss of taste is only temporary. It’s getting out of hand for sure. One of the class years in my childrens school has reached 20 kids now with Covid since last week. I can only seeing this getting higher with more kids in other grades also catching it because they have siblings.

I think it has become the normal with less people caring about it. The mums at school treat it like it’s nothing and some don’t even register it and still send their kids to school because “they didn’t really get symptoms”.

I’d like to point out my dad has an implanted defibrillator and ended up in icu because of covid so whilst some think it’s nothing, others will suffer. Unfortunately my dad caught it from my sister and her husband who are now non denominated Christians and I don’t care who I offend, but the unreasonable type. They do not believe in medicine of any sort or vaccinations in general. They won’t even allow their young children to take paracetamol and will place wet rags of white vinegar on their children to bring down temperatures. It’s actually insane. They at one point convinced my dad that all the medication he takes is against true prayer and I of course lost it. I have no issues with having faith in your life- so not mocking any one who does, but I think there needs to be a reasonable logic to it.

I really drifted off the conversation here. Anyways Covid is a menace. Some are just luckier than others.

Oh no, that's all terrible. I hope your dad is ok! Jebus.

Another thing that's happening is that people are more worried about monkey pox than Covid. And I'm sure that's mainly because MPX covers the infected with nasty blisters. It's so much harder to catch than Covid - you have to be right in the face of carriers and/or touching them or their bedding, that kind of thing. It's actually a shame Covid doesn't have such an obvious symptom because people would really wake up to themselves then, instead of this whole 'it's really mild now, who cares?' mentality which has really taken over.

While I'm on a rant, I'm still amazed at the ignorance of mask protocol. Waiting at the airport, almost everyone was constantly touching the fronts of their masks, adjusting them, scratching, whatever. It's literally the one thing on your person that is most likely to have the virus on it. That is the whole point of it! DON'T FUCKING TOUCH IT! And if you do, wash your hands with sanitiser or soap right away. (End lecture)

Meanwhile, it's almost 1pm. Nose is drying up. I'm barely coughing. Definitely feeling past the worst already, which is pretty amazing.

I have two RATs here. Will do one tomorrow, and the other on Friday or Saturday and hopefully will test clear by then. I don't really know how long it takes?

Oh no, that's all terrible. I hope your dad is ok! Jebus.

Another thing that's happening is that people are more worried about monkey pox than Covid. And I'm sure that's mainly because MPX covers the infected with nasty blisters. It's so much harder to catch than Covid - you have to be right in the face of carriers and/or touching them or their bedding, that kind of thing. It's actually a shame Covid doesn't have such an obvious symptom because people would really wake up to themselves then, instead of this whole 'it's really mild now, who cares?' mentality which has really taken over.

While I'm on a rant, I'm still amazed at the ignorance of mask protocol. Waiting at the airport, almost everyone was constantly touching the fronts of their masks, adjusting them, scratching, whatever. It's literally the one thing on your person that is most likely to have the virus on it. That is the whole point of it! DON'T FUCKING TOUCH IT! And if you do, wash your hands with sanitiser or soap right away. (End lecture)
He is fine now Timmy. Still has some symptoms that have lingered. But he recovered mostly.

Adding to your rant. People still open mouth cough while waiting in line. It honestly takes every will power I have not to cause a scene.

We don't swim in your toilet so don't pee in our pool?

Or...like dye is released when someone pees in the pool?
The dye in the pool so if someone did pee in it, the pool watwe in that area would turn green.

I actually laughed so hard at the we don’t swim in your toilet so don’t pee in our pool. I’m sure it’s a know. Saying but I’ve never heard it before

Back