Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I have found that 2 weeks post covid I’m getting a real 3pm slump. Feeling really fatigued in the afternoons. Weird because while fatigue was my main symptom during covid, the first week post covid I didn’t have any fatigued.

Maybe the fatigue is just a sign of being 37 years old 😪

I have found that 2 weeks post covid I’m getting a real 3pm slump. Feeling really fatigued in the afternoons. Weird because while fatigue was my main symptom during covid, the first week post covid I didn’t have any fatigued.

Maybe the fatigue is just a sign of being 37 years old 😪
Hopefully that will improve over time. Things like people losing their senses of taste/smell took a while to get those back too.

I'm glad it's raining here, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on going anywhere.

Hopefully that will improve over time. Things like people losing their senses of taste/smell took a while to get those back too.

I'm glad it's raining here, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on going anywhere.
I lost taste for one day. Was talking to another friend who had it last week and they had the same thing. Only one day. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I haven't had it yet, touch wood.

I am currently very pissed off though.
I rang to make an appointment at my GP to renew my prescription of something I need and only have one tablet left of...
And I was told that
a) They can no longer do a prescription without a consultation
b) I can't get one until NEXT Wednesday
and
c) they no longer bulk bill and it will cost me $75 each time

So I didn't make the appointment. I probably will, once I get over having to pay $75 for it, but it's things like this that cause people to die.
That decision over whether to go to the doctor or not can hinge on $75.

Last edited:

I rang to make an appointment at my GP to renew my prescription of something I need and only have one tablet left of...
And I was told that
b) I can't get one until until NEXT Wednesday
and

So I didn't make the appointment. I probably will, once I get over having to pay $75 for it, but it's things like this that cause people to die.
Is there another doctor around who does bulk bill? I used to go to the crappy medical centre at a nearby shopping centre in Sydney (one where you can rock up and wait an hour to see someone). If you take in your previous packet/bottle and explain the circumstances they might re-prescribe for you.

And I was told that
and

That's terrible! It's sort of the same with the medical clinic I go to.

They will do phone scripts but you have to go and see them at least once a year. There's no bulk billing when you go but I guess the phone scripts are bulk billed. What annoys me is that you have to make an appointment four weeks in advance and even then you may not get the doctor of your choice.

And I was told that
and

I rarely go to the dr. I just found out that my doctor no longer bulk bills and that if you haven’t been in 12 months you need to pay for a long consult which is more expensive even if it’s a short appointment.

Have you looked into the InstantScripts app!? May be able to get your prescription faster.

Is there another doctor around who does bulk bill? I used to go to the crappy medical centre at a nearby shopping centre in Sydney (one where you can rock up and wait an hour to see someone). If you take in your previous packet/bottle and explain the circumstances they might re-prescribe for you.

That's terrible! It's sort of the same with the medical clinic I go to.

They will do phone scripts but you have to go and see them at least once a year. There's no bulk billing when you go but I guess the phone scripts are bulk billed. What annoys me is that you have to make an appointment four weeks in advance and even then you may not get the doctor of your choice.

I rarely go to the dr. I just found out that my doctor no longer bulk bills and that if you haven’t been in 12 months you need to pay for a long consult which is more expensive even if it’s a short appointment.

Have you looked into the InstantScripts app!? May be able to get your prescription faster.

Thanks guys.

I've always been with the same doctor, at the same practice.
They apologised for the new rule but it's been forced on them.
I don't think there are any other practices in my area that are taking new patients and bulk bill.

I may have to phone back tomorrow and ask for any doctor rather than just mine, and suck up the $75 fee.

I know some people aren’t bothered by non bulk billed practices, but I would never use one to be honest. I just can’t justify spending around $70 to see a GP for a script or medical certificate.

If you have private health care, is the consult fee cheaper for a non bulk billed practice? Can you claim it back?

I know some people aren’t bothered by non bulk billed practices, but I would never use one to be honest. I just can’t justify spending around $70 to see a GP for a script or medical certificate.

If you have private health care, is the consult fee cheaper for a non bulk billed practice? Can you claim it back?
Until today I had no consult fee for a morning appointment (before midday), so I had it good while it lasted.

From now on every appointment will be $75, though they mentioned that if I can get in before midday it could be reduced to $60.

Until today I had no consult fee for a morning appointment (before midday), so I had it good while it lasted.

From now on every appointment will be $75, though they mentioned that if I can get in before midday it could be reduced to $60.
My old regular doc in Sydney was very good to me. He'd put me on a mental health care plan which meant I didn't have to pay.

I've always had to pay to get prescriptions and book in advance. I'd hate to have an illness now and be unable to get to see my doctor for 3/4 weeks. Its out of control.

Last edited:
I've always had to pay to get prescriptions and book in advance. I'd hate to have an illness now and be unable to get to see my doctor for 3/4 weeks. Its out of control.
People around here have been complaining for 30+ years about doctors appointments. We have 20+ doctors (2 clinics) and a population of about 5000 BUT you cannot get an appointment inside 3-4 weeks. If you are really sick (and whinge a lot) they may allow you to see a nurse who then assesses you to see if you require a doctor. Failing that you have to go to Casualty at the hospital and wait for hours until someone sees you.

When I'm at the beach I can get an appointment either the same day or at worst the day after. They have fewer doctors and a much bigger population to deal with. I don't get it.

Back