Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

:(
Well I'm now postive. I have had a few nights of really bad sleep. Last night was horrendous. Felt crap from a lack of sleep. Did a RAT and here I am. Hopefully I can get some good sleep and get on top of it.
Well bugger. Hope you feel better soon.

Well I'm now postive. I have had a few nights of really bad sleep. Last night was horrendous. Felt crap from a lack of sleep. Did a RAT and here I am. Hopefully I can get some good sleep and get on top of it.
feel better soon

Take care of yourself, ad get well soon.
Let us know how you go, as everyone's symptoms seem to be SO different.

Hope you get well soon.

Well bugger. Hope you feel better soon.

feel better soon

Take care of yourself, ad get well soon.
Let us know how you go, as everyone's symptoms seem to be SO different.

Thanks guys!

Of so telling my symptoms is a story. I would have been exposed, towards the end of last week, or on the weekend. I got pretty drunk over the weekend. The close contact tested positive on Monday. I went and got a PCR on Mon which came back negative. Over the next few days, mon, Tues I didn't sleep great. Felt like a bit of an ongoing hangover. I shrugged it off.

Now to overshare, On these days I also had some pretty bad diarrhea. No shitting my pants or anything, but rush to the toilet. Explode. Sorry! I was asked for simpsons.

I put down to the booze, or the not very good steak and Guinness pie I had for lunch on Sunday. This can be an early symptom, so lets assume it was. Thankfully in isolation a toilet was always near by. Went away by Wed.

Still feel a bit seedy on Wednesday. That night I decided to take a Stilnox sleeping tablet to get a solid night's sleep. It put me in a delirium and I could not get to sleep. I was too hot or freezing. I was in bed in and out of it for about 7 hours before my watched tracked actual sleeping of about 2hrs 45. Drenched in sweat, tossing and turning, unable to rest.

So yeah, I felt rough today. A bit of a headache. Sinus is irritated. A bit of post nasal drip. Ever so tiny irritation to the throat. No cough. Some various aches and pains in my body, abdomen. Sore back muscles, but then I work out so that's always a thing. Sore neck.

Blood oxygen has been good. No actual fever. That's hard to tell as it's so cold and constantly managing the heating. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Fingers crossed I get a good nights sleep and this is it.

The RAT test, I waited about 10 minutes, no bottom line. Relieved. Then when I checked at 15, the faintest line.

That night I decided to take a Stilnox sleeping tablet to get a solid night's sleep. It put me in a delirium and I could not get to sleep. I was too hot or freezing. I was in bed in and out of it for about 7 hours before my watched tracked actual sleeping of about 2hrs 45. Drenched in sweat, tossing and turning, unable to rest.
Living up to your name there! (sorry) Feel better!

I didn't dare add a laugh emoji to Timmys post out of respect, but it was funny Timmy!
Ive heard some people say their symptoms were more like a hangover.
Thanks for your honestly. If we don't hear what people go through, we don't know.

Just thinking, if you'd gone for an Indian after your booze up, imagine how much worse that could have been 🤭

Are things settling down a bit now?

I didn't dare add a laugh emoji to Timmys post out of respect, but it was funny Timmy!
Ive heard some people say their symptoms were more like a hangover.
Thanks for your honestly. If we don't hear what people go through, we don't know.

Just thinking, if you'd gone for an Indian after your booze up, imagine how much worse that could have been 🤭

Are things settling down a bit now?
I felt the same.
And your "Indian after your booze up" is funny too.
They're both coming from a good place.
And everyone wishes up_all_night the very best for a quick recovery.

Actually I'd only read the other day that diarrhoea can be a Covid symptom. Living where I do, it's often just a symptom of having eaten, though 😬

Thanks again! Didn't sleep well again so rough again. It was weird, I swear it was awful dreams constantly waking my up. Like my subconscious was hyperactive and full of energy. They were the strangest dreams I've ever had. Literally tossing and turning. Fall asleep and I am dreaming a really vivid documentary, with facts and details and my brain would be like, "this is bullshit" and that would wake me up. Constantly!

At least my watched only took 4 hours of me in bed before it tracked shipping this time.

Good, I'm glad it's not just me. It's embarrassing, especially when I haven't noticed and it's too late to delete!
I'm sure it's got nothing to do with the amount of alcohol I consume while posting and reading the forum...nah, couldn't be that I'm just distracted...could it?🤔🥂🍷🥃🍸

7 days of isolation has ended. Basically back to normal. Overall pretty mild. The worst was feeling crap from those nights of poor sleep. Over any specific symptom.

I still have the sniffles but I did before covid.

I was in a shop today, wearing a mask, and the guy behind the counter recognised me as a regular and started grilling me over why I was wearing a mask. It was awkward. I just said because it's winter, cases will surge and everytime I go to the shops there are people with little kids coughing. To which I got lectured how we didn't use to worry about this stuff. Before being told the younger staff are constantly off sick.

He didn't like me telling him that everyone has COVID and is spreading it, thinking they don't have it because of how crap the RAT tests are. He the told me how earlier this year he had a really bad cold, was negative on a RAT and still went to work. Unlike the young staff.

Back