Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Seems there's a bad cold/flu going around...my sons both had it and it really knocked them. Try to take it a bit easy for a few days. :kiss:
Yes, there are a few people with it at the moment. And they reckon it's going to be a bad flu season this year.
Thanks Seph šŸ˜˜

So who's had it now, and who hasn't?
I've still managed to avoid it, while I know heaps of people who have had it or got it.
And all the symptoms seem so different.

Iā€™ve also managed to avoid it, it seems I am one of these unicorns who donā€™t get it because my entire household had it and i didnā€™t isolate and I never experienced symptoms or yielded a positive result. I mean, I still could get it. But I had a positive child spluttering all over me so if not then, then when?

Iā€™ve also managed to avoid it, it seems I am one of these unicorns who donā€™t get it because my entire household had it and i didnā€™t isolate and I never experienced symptoms or yielded a positive result. I mean, I still could get it. But I had a positive child spluttering all over me so if not then, then when?
So crazy isn't it. I hope you keep it up, I thought it had finally got me, but no!

So where I used to work finally decided to have a national conference. They had it planned in 2020 and postponed it in 2020 and 2021. I am now hearing reports of people being positive - yip they had themselves a super spreader event. - back to every state and territory. Way to go! :bang:

So where I used to work finally decided to have a national conference. They had it planned in 2020 and postponed it in 2020 and 2021. I am now hearing reports of people being positive - yip they had themselves a super spreader event. - back to every state and territory. Way to go! :bang:

It's pretty wild how things have ended up.

Is anyone else getting annoyed at coming across so many people seemingly displaying symptoms with zero regards for anyone else?

I think I mentioned a while back about people with their snotty kids without masks in public with gross wet coughs.

Within the last couple of days. I was at the gym, some guy down the other end who every few minutes had a gross cough and heavy breathing. As I am hoping the social distancing works.

Last night out on date night. There was a group a few tables away, where multiple people had gross wet coughs. Every single cough was a moment of stress and discomfort for my partner and I. We weren't paranoid and concerned to get up and leave. That might have been different if they were right next to us though.

I know some people don't care, they've had it a few times. I just wish there was some consideration. We are still in a pandemic. Yet even before that, you stay home if you're sick and don't be gross in public.

It's pretty wild how things have ended up.

Is anyone else getting annoyed at coming across so many people seemingly displaying symptoms with zero regards for anyone else?

I think I mentioned a while back about people with their snotty kids without masks in public with gross wet coughs.

Within the last couple of days. I was at the gym, some guy down the other end who every few minutes had a gross cough and heavy breathing. As I am hoping the social distancing works.

Last night out on date night. There was a group a few tables away, where multiple people had gross wet coughs. Every single cough was a moment of stress and discomfort for my partner and I. We weren't paranoid and concerned to get up and leave. That might have been different if they were right next to us though.

I know some people don't care, they've had it a few times. I just wish there was some consideration. We are still in a pandemic. Yet even before that, you stay home if you're sick and don't be gross in public.
it is this strange thing of - we have gone from 10 cases in the community oh no lets lock down, to thousands of cases - meh who cares lets just walk around without masks, and pretend and go on with our lives like it isn't happening anymore. I know people cannot live forever in constant fear but it just such a strange phenomenon.

it is this strange thing of - we have gone from 10 cases in the community oh no lets lock down, to thousands of cases - meh who cares lets just walk around without masks, and pretend and go on with our lives like it isn't happening anymore. I know people cannot live forever in constant fear but it just such a strange phenomenon.
They dropped the mask mandate here a few weeks ago. But yesterday I noticed a lot more people wearing them again.

Plus, they're all coming back into the salon, sniffing, coughing and snuffling!
I've had a chest infection which I swear I got from work.
2 years in the salon no covid!
Had a PCR test which was negative. But this chest thing I've had has been probably worse than if I'd have had Covid.

Had a PCR test which was negative. But this chest thing I've had has been probably worse than if I'd have had Covid.
Take care, and feel better February!

They dropped the mask mandate here a few weeks ago. But yesterday I noticed a lot more people wearing them again.
I wonder if in a setting like that the mask wearing thing would be more complicated by where they come from - some were coming from remote indigenous communities, and then others from less remote and more urban areas. Given that I would have thought no matter what the state mandate was I would have thought that they should have encouraged mask wearing, but this is one of many reasons why I no longer work there.

Sorry you are not well - hope you feel better soon.

Sure, I'll go to my folks holiday house for the freezing cold long weekend and... one of them has now tested positive for covid.

Do I have symptoms today? I don't know if the few niggles I have are because I am hung over.

Sure, I'll go to my folks holiday house for the freezing cold long weekend and... one of them has now tested positive for covid.

Do I have symptoms today? I don't know if the few niggles I have are because I am hung over.
Stay isolated and see how you feel tomorrow. And even if a RAT is negative, probably worth getting a PCR if you're stilling feeling off. A friend of mine tested negative three times using RATs recently but still felt so crap he got a PCR which was positive.

Stay isolated and see how you feel tomorrow. And even if a RAT is negative, probably worth getting a PCR if you're stilling feeling off. A friend of mine tested negative three times using RATs recently but still felt so crap he got a PCR which was positive.
Yeah, the RAT tests are not great, lots of people have similar stories of negative tests. I think they downplay how poor they are to just have people going on with life as normal. "There's a super cold with covid symptoms." That crap.

I already got a PCR test as there's no wait here. I might still go home to isolate myself. Even if I get negative, will give it a few days and see how I feel.

The frustrating thing is, we know where the infection came from. Someone in the office, "Oh my child is really sick with the flu, it's not covid." Where we bet all the, "it's not covid, it's something else, a bad flu with all the covid symptoms." Will be from worthless RAT tests. Where they should not have come into work. Even though the rules said it was fine.

Time to test my triple shot of AZ.

I suspect I had it late last year. Four RATs over two weeks all negative, but I didn't realise how unreliable they were then. And also, pushing the swabs up, not back, might have played a part in the negative results. Looking back I definitely should have sought out a PCR. I certainly would now.

Anyway, hope you're ok.

Test is negative. So count me as someone else who has been in close contact and not gotten it. I will give myself a day or so in isolation just in case I get symptoms.

It's funny, I don't want it, but I am looking at some up coming international travel and I feel like I would be more comfortably if I had caught it before doing that. Yes I know I can get it again. I just feel it is less likely.

Back