Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Melbourne reopening seems very fast tracked in comparison to Sydney, despite the same plan. Sydney averaged 400 cases when it hit 70%, then 80% just a week later. Melbourne almost 2000 at 70%.

Yes I was thinking this the other day, when Sydney opened up I was sure their case numbers were around 500 a day. I would have thought that Melbourne would also start to open up at around those same sort of case numbers.

I remember saying a while ago here that Dan Andrews after what I think was a national meeting just became a puppet like Gladys was before she resigned. I remember Dan Andrews was tough on lockdowns and crushing the "Delta" strain. Then it was almost overnight everything changed and shifted to now it's all about we just have to live with this virus and go out and get vaccinated as it's the new national strategy.

I actually now loathe watching Dan Andrews speaking on the media. He gets on there with a smirk and smile and says "oh how proud he is of Victorians and look were we have gotten? WTF mate? We have around 2000 new case numbers every friggen day while still under lockdown and you are talking about opening everything up? All I can say is good luck to Melbourne and Victoria.
You can stay in lockdown conditions in your own home if you want. No one is stopping you. But it's time we let go of the fear that covid has wrapped around our souls. Where cowardness has taken the place of clear headed thought. There is light at the end of the tunnel we must strive towards, as the blind hands of negativity, who luxuriate in the toxicity of constant lockdowns, pulls us towards the darkness

I understand what you are saying. My point is there were some Dan Andrews fans very critical of NSW's approach, insinuating that things were opening up too early, too carelessly and that the new premier only cares about the economy and not people's health. Those are the types of things some of them were saying. VIC is soon opening up with higher case numbers and there isn't the same level of concern.

Oh believe me there is alot of concern here, but what can we do? Also I don't know why some members insist Dan Andrews is some sort of supreme leader that's unbeatable? Well he has at least lost the vote of all the Victorians who wish to remain unvaccinated. I also don't think he will win in a landslide at the next election.

You can stay in lockdown conditions in your own home if you want. No one is stopping you. But it's time we let go of the fear that covid has wrapped around our souls. Where cowardness has taken the place of clear headed thought. There is light at the end of the tunnel we must strive towards, as the blind hands of negativity, who luxuriate in the toxicity of constant lockdowns, pulls us towards the darkness

Mate I tried to ring my local GP today which I have been going to for around 25 years. I have never in all those years not been able to get through on the phone to make an appointment until today. It took me around 4 hours of trying to ring to finally get through to them only to find out that my usual doctor is out of office on "personal matters". This pandemic is really taking it's toll on many at the moment especially those in the healthcare system. Can you imagine them not being able to cope now even before everything is starting to open up again? So much for Dan Andrews being sympathetic to all those poor health care workers like GP's and everyone in the hospitals. I'm sure they are all loving the news of a tsunami of case numbers when we start to open up.

Yes I was thinking this the other day, when Sydney opened up I was sure their case numbers were around 500 a day. I would have thought that Melbourne would also start to open up at around those same sort of case numbers.

11th October @ 70% was 496 new cases and 8 deaths
18th October @ 80% was 265 new cases and 5 deaths

Case numbers definitely dropping, but as we open up, there is a shift away from 'new community transmissions' to a focus on hospitalisations / people in ICU. That's the number NSW is now focusing on.

Cannot believe people are so dumb to vote in this fuckwit.

It's probably because they have the same perverse lust for authoritarianism like he does. When they see police beating freedom fighters they don't think "oh, those poor protesters" they think "good, they deserve that".

How long would it take Melbourne to get to comparable case numbers? It's almost November. Would the lockdown have to extend past Christmas to get numbers down while everywhere else in Australia is open? That would not be politically popular. I think the virus has won and there's no more locking down he can argue for without people being outraged. The tolerance is low. Very poor circumstances for Victorians. I think Dan should step down.

Cannot believe people are so dumb to vote in this fuckwit.
How is this dumb? All you have asked for is the freedom to have a choice around being vaccinated. Choices come with consequences.This is simply the consequence of a choice that people that do not want to get vaccinated yet or at all are making. It is totally your choice. If you do not like this consequence then you have to way up the options and make a choice. Not all choices in life can be the way you want.

How long would it take Melbourne to get to comparable case numbers? It's almost November. Would the lockdown have to extend past Christmas to get numbers down while everywhere else in Australia is open? That would not be politically popular. I think the virus has won and there's no more locking down he can argue for without people being outraged. The tolerance is low. Very poor circumstances for Victorians. I think Dan should step down.

I think Dan supporters are fuckwits and those from interstate who have not had the hard lockdown who support him are even bigger fucking braindead morons. If you support the policies of Satan Dan, I don’t want to know you.

Last edited:
Agreeing with something someone says does not necessarily make someone a supporter/fan. I have found Steven Marshall's Covid response a fairly good one for this state so far, but as a Premier I think he is terrible.

That’s your opinion. I don’t think chastising her is helping the situation either. I’d just look the other way and move on if I don’t agree with something.
:) Yip good job with that allowing others to have an opinion and moving on thing you said you do 24 hours ago.

tumblr_on3mb0D4hU1qds5ako1_500.gifv

I think Dan supporters are fuckwits and those from interstate who have not had the hard lockdown who support him are even bigger fucking braindead morons. If you support the policies of Satan Dan, I don’t want to know you.
All the policies?

Back