Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I've heard that in Victoria people are being less compliant regarding their dictatorial and insane lockdown rules. Understandable as they have had a ridiculous number of days being imprisoned by the police state.

5mokqc.jpg

I've heard that in Victoria people are being less compliant regarding their dictatorial and insane lockdown rules. Understandable as they have had a ridiculous number of days being imprisoned by the police state.

The beach scenes in Sydney really put a smile on my face.

Do you guys have to wear masks everywhere at the moment, timmy?
we have to wear them in shops or PT, we don’t have to wear them inside at restaurants/bars or swimming pools etc but you have to be tested or vaxxed. I don’t know whether we are supposed to wear them in the street but many people don’t. I think they have relaxed that rule.

I have been wearing a mask outside of my apartment since November last year when Phnom Penh had a small outbreak... was easing off it a bit in January (e.g. when riding my bike) but then we had a new outbreak in late February and have worn it ever since. Virtually everyone has.

Lately it has become mandatory and you could get fined if spotted by a cop.

In terms of vaccinations in Cambodia, 97% of people over 18 have had at least one shot, and most 12-17yos have had at least one (can't remember the percentage but just 300,000 are still awaiting their first jab). I expect they'll do over 6s next, but they have started doing third shots (AZ this time) for frontline health workers (and VIPs ofc) etc already.

This article

led me to here
For anyone in Victoria wanting to understand more about their human rights regarding masks, protests and/or vaccines.

victoria-coronavirus-police-coles.jpg

And I thought Australia was meant to be a free country.

Police state.
a reverse image search will actually show that this was taken in in September 2020. So you are about a year late in complaining about this Reepbot.

Details:
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - SEPTEMBER 20:
Members of Victoria Police patrol through Chadstone Shopping Centre on September 20, 2020 in Melbourne, Australia. Anti-lockdown protesters have been using encrypted messaging to organise "freedom day" rallies to avoid police learning the location of their anti-lockdown protests. Metropolitan Melbourne remains under stage 4 lockdown restrictions, with people only allowed to leave home to give or receive care, shopping for food and essential items, daily exercise and work while an overnight curfew from 8pm to 5am is also in place. The majority of retail businesses are also closed. Other Victorian regions are in stage 3 lockdown. The restrictions, which came into effect from 2 August, were introduced by the Victorian government as health authorities work to reduce community COVID-19 transmissions across the state. (Photo by Darrian Traynor/Getty Images)

Remember the best post in this thread.
Your view of the world is one that is based on watching 70's tv programs and Tina Arena videos. You have a wonderfully niave and sheltered view of the world and one that a true misandrist has hopefully never entered. But if it makes you feel better to call me that then go right ahead.

Back