Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I’m glad it’s negative. I’m really interested.

Are you saying the swab results come back in a day? And did they do a throat and nasal swab?

Cheers. Well you swab yourself, both sides at the back of your throat (back where you gag a little) and then, with the same swab, twirl for 10 seconds up each nostril (tickles, made me sneeze). I went directly through with no waiting, only saw one other person there for testing. Results via SMS came back in about 7 hours.

The slightest cough, sneeze or bit of a sore throat and we're all alarmed.
I keep reading they have found no evidence/proof that once you recover from C19 that you can't catch it again. I wonder if a vaccine would even be possible if this turns out to be the case. So it could be from now on we are all going to continue being jumpy about every sore throat or cough.

I keep reading they have found no evidence/proof that once you recover from C19 that you can't catch it again. I wonder if a vaccine would even be possible if this turns out to be the case. So it could be from now on we are all going to continue being jumpy about every sore throat or cough.
Yes, it seems that people can get reinfected from what I've heard on the TV, but hopefully an anti virus will work - if and when they can find one. I'm sure they will, and let's hope it's sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
All the inconsiderate idiots who flocked to our beach on Sunday have now forced the police/council to close it again, so no swimming and no exercise again for those who were using it responsibly. Jeeze some stupid people need to wake up!

I think they're lifting these restrictions too early.
I think the pollies are starting to worry about a backlash against restrictions. Hopefully they are lucky enough to avoid the backlash they’d get if we have to go back to the start again.
Glad you had a negative result oddjob. The slightest cough, sneeze or bit of a sore throat and we're all alarmed.
I felt like I had to either get tested, be obliged to self isolate while not knowing, or be the dickhead who goes out possibly spreading it. Though the odds of getting it now are approaching lottery like levels.

In Qld they are lifting restrictions starting from next weekend on some things like having picnics, going for drives, and shopping for non essential items which apparently clothing falls under.

Though I think that people were already starting to do that.

I wasn't sure whether I should wow or laugh at that, so to be respectful I wow'd it!

Off to Woolies this morning, now to see if things are returning to normal in the pasta, rice, tomato paste and loo roll aisles!

This is brilliant. People are so creative and funny. Some of these had me in tears, especially the Salvador Dali one. Lol. 🤣

This is brilliant. People are so creative and funny. Some of these had me in tears, especially the Salvador Dali one. Lol. 🤣

Haha that is hilarious and brilliant. Thanks for posting, best laugh I've had in days.

I wasn't sure whether I should wow or laugh at that, so to be respectful I wow'd it!

Off to Woolies this morning, now to see if things are returning to normal in the pasta, rice, tomato paste and loo roll aisles!
Well, there were toilet rolls for the first time in 6 weeks, not fully stocked, but some. No minced garlic still, but plenty of the fresh stuff. Tomato paste hadn't been ravaged, some pasta returning, but still no rice. Certainly a better shopping experience I've had for a good few weeks.
On the negative side, too many idiots thinking it's over and taking up the whole footpath in couples with early morning coffees and not moving aside for all to walk at a comfortable distance. I think we've still got a long way to go, sadly.

How are thinks where you are ?@timmydownawell
It's business as usual here, thanks :) Has not been a new case in two weeks, but I'm not sure how many tests they are doing. Schools have been closed for weeks, people are wearing masks (as am I), bars are closed but restaurants and everything else is still open. Some have a rope in front so people stand clear while buying stuff. More to do with luck and closed borders than anything I think. I can't really imagine what it's been like in Australia. I am very glad to be here.

...Trala… quite a few years ago we used to be friends… we had a massive public argument on these forums... I’m not happy about that but it happened… it got very nasty… from that time onwards you have never been considered to be my friend by me… there are only about 3 - 4 people on these forums that I don’t bother to talk to… you are #️1 on that list… being that I get along with about 95% of people of my entire lifetime there is only 5% of people that I tend to avoid… you are among that 5%...

...being that you are among that 5%... I’m sorry… but I have absolutely no respect for you… no respect for your opinions… no respect for your thoughts or ideas… in fact… I don’t even like you… therefore I am not going to get into another public brawl with you about your opinion… I wrote my post… I stated as to why we do it… whether it’s the right or wrong thing to do?... so be it!...

...people can read my post and make their own mind up on whether it’s the right or wrong thing that we are doing… they can even comment on it and I will take it on board because I respect them and their opinions… yours?... meh!... we have not communicated for quite a few years… I’ll be very happy if that continues thanking you in advance…

...you can say whatever you like about this and my other post if you like and I couldn’t care less… I am not going to answer… so go ahead… knock yourself out… people can make their conclusions on what you say if they can be bothered… please don’t try and speak to me again thankyou Trala… cheers.

Holy wow Mr S.... There is a lot of hate & hurt in this post. I read Trala's post as concerned that you are not heeding the warnings for your age demographic. I honestly can't believe the attitude of those I know in the 60yrs+ bracket. SO entitled! By all of us reducing our movements, pacing out our grocery shopping etc we are lessening the chance of picking up covid & passing it on. My grandmother-in-law thought it was all a bunch of hoo-haa, ain't nothing going to stop her visiting her grandkids, popping into the shops for fresh bread daily cos she's lived her life this way for so long & ain't going to change now etc UNTIL my husband gave her the cold hard facts that if you catch covid, you die ALONE, it's like being suffocated/drowning, you'll more than likely be cremated, your family will get your bag of clothes that you took to the hospital weeks earlier after your dead & that's it. Your family will grieve alone. Why increase the chances because you walk past the shops each day anyways, so you'd like to go in & mix with 50 other people. Do you sanitise your hands before & after entering the store? Are you washing your hands for 20 sec minimum each time? are you wearing a face mask to help stop yourself touching your nose after you may have touched a shopping trolley that a covid person just sneezed on 10 mins ago?

This is a scary time for all. Just look at New York - absolutely heartbreaking.

Could posters,please read the first post, and post accordingly. Share kindness, share fun free stuff.
This is a place to support each other, be kind be fun,rant and exaggerate whatever it takes to get through these challenging days
It is not a place to criticise other posters, no flaming no arguing, no picking on people....for something said often exaggerated in a rant.

Before you post consider - especially if you only visit once every 6 months - you do not know what you are talking about, you do not know these people, or what their lives entail

On topic....
IT IS TRIVIA NIGHT

The last link posted, they usually give me a new link at 5, will be back with that if it is sent.

Sorry, @Affable and @reepbot, I forgot last week

@Mr Stickyfingers I just love your romantic soul and this post...I love your love story, and I love how you express your great love
I expect you 2 are sharing every moment you can together, and with what you have been through lately I know you will be appreciating every single moment
...being that we’ve been locked in self imposed isolation (except for going out for shopping and prescriptions of course) and that my sweet darling wife and I have basically been together 24 hours a day for about 3 continuous weeks I thought that we’d be arguing and doing each other’s head in by now... but... it’s the other way around...

...it may sound a bit corny and ‘wish washy’ to some but it hit me this morning that the pure love that I’ve always had for her for the past 42 or so years has been eclipsed by the pure love for her that I feel for her now!... this isolation that I have shared with her has bonded us together more than ever... she’s always been my dream soulmate but just when I thought that I couldn’t love her anymore than I have always done it has elevated to an even higher level than I could ever have imagined... I’m not afraid to say it all... in fact I’m proud to say it in front of anyone and everyone...

...I love her so much!... I am an extremely lucky man... strokes or no strokes that I have had to recover from... she has always been there for me... she’s my rock... my beautiful loving wife... my soulmate... my whole reason for living... I’ve no reason to declare my undying love for her... she’s always had it!... this Coronavirus lockdown does have some benefits to it afterall... it makes you even more grateful for what you do have I’ve come to discover... I’ll say it once again and then will shut up about it...❤️❤️❤️ I LOVE HER SO MUCH!... ❤️❤️❤️... I’ll shut up now... cheers.

Lastly, trolls go where you are appreciated, this is no time or place to troll, and it is advisable for you to seek help with being less literal and comprehending community moods and values.

Don't bother trolling me, you are on ignore.......where all trolls belong:)

TRIVIA TONIGHT LINKS

Go to
'crowd.live'
enter code - TRIVIATONIGHT5

FACEBOOK LINK

register before 7pm. enter your name, and team, either made up new team or use mine - TARDIS

Back