Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I stopped playing at Q28. The host drags it on way too much and I get bored. It should be 50 questions in a row done in 45 mins - 1 hour.
Agreed I got bored too.
Yes or just tell us there will be breaks, 10 mins/20mins half time, something
But it is free and must be rather a pain to organise
Night again must go
Do we need a separate thread? Don’t know, but it is not “shit” Timmy it is therapeutic distraction from virus misery :)
Goodnight & sweet dreams to everyone
May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest

It's irrelevant to this thread though. Completely off topic and annoying to wade through.

Actually it is totally on point......under the GOOD,
ie a place to stay connected, support each other, laugh, or vent, and share any free goodies online such as exercise and dance
My favourite if I feel a bit crappy are the pub choir clips

Another of my local pubs is going to start comedy online next week
Not free, but it is cheap $10
Dave O'neil
He is in fact quite funny, saw him live before and liked him, but don't fancy his act enough to pay
Will keep you posted on what is on next. They have really good acts

Anyway, @timmydownawell I will start a QUARANTINI thread next week if our playing here is annoying
Will still post links here, and advise to use the lets play...lets dance/lets whatever thread

...wow!... this Coronavirus lockdown has unleashed a new passion in both my sweet darling wife and myself… it’s… it’s… binge watching TV!... being sick and tired of free-to-air TV offerings lately our viewing habits have now changed completely… we used to have Foxtel as well as commercial TV but because Foxtel became too expensive per month and that they were showing the same old shit over and over all of the time we got rid of it… (I was basically only watching the ‘History’ channel in the end anyway)... for roughly the same amount of money that we were paying for Foxtel per month we are now getting Netflix / Stan and Prime…

...we’ve had those three for a few months now and have mostly only used them for their movie offerings… but when this lockdown started we got bored with them after a while so one day we looked at the lists of entire seasons of shows… this was when the binge watching of entire series began… what a buzz it is watching an entire series in one hit without commercials or having to wait an entire week for the next episode lol!...

...we barely watch commercial TV now except for things like ‘Bondi Rescue’ / ‘8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown’ / ‘The Curse of Oak Island’ / ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ etc to name a few… I’ve slowly weaned myself off ‘Reality’ shows (especially shows like ‘Bachelor / Bachelorette’ etc that has absolutely no ‘LOVE’ elements within it whatsoever)... I’m still going to watch ‘Australian Survivor’ and the upcoming ‘Big Brother’ just as long as there are the general public in them and no ‘past champions or celebrities or contestants’ that we’ve seen before… I’m sick of them… we need people that have never been on these shows before… so until then… ‘Reality’ shows are out with me…

...‘MasterChef’ is now one of those shows that has grown to be a total bore for me mainly because they started their ‘new and updated show with all new judges’ but failed with me because they brought back ‘past contestants’... there are not many ‘Reality’ shows that have new people in them nowadays are there?...

...hence the newly adopted ‘binge watching of entire series’ that is now being done by us… our viewing habits are so different now… I can’t believe that we’ve only just discovered this new founded passion just recently… lockdown does have it’s benefits afterall… thankyou lockdown… you have broken a viewing habit of a lifetime… you have freed us from our TV shackles!... lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Well you may be disappointed with the upcoming big brother Australia then because rumours are one of the contestants is a former AFL player.

Have you watched Killing Eve, or Fleabag @Mr Stickyfingers both written/devised by wonderkid Phoebe Waller-Bridge???

She is brilliant, I don't pay for tv, but I will for anything she does and I need to grab Killing Eve season 1 & 2, should swallow that up on the free trials
She was one of the females people hoped would be the next Doctor Who, but she is way too busy.

Edit - speaking of Phoebe, she is on Graham Norton tonight

Last edited:
Do love Phoebe Waller-Bridge!
Yes
And I curse myself that Killing Eve....sped past me, I have only ever seen 2 episodes of each series on SBS, busy working and stuff
I mistakenly thought I could catch up anytime, now I have located where it is on pay tv I plan to binge it and catch up to series 3
I love the lead actresses, brilliant both, and it has fashion!

But I came here to mention, if anyone needs some help/support during this shit time....here is another resource

GUMTREE
LOCAL LEGENDS.........

Where I live in Vancouver BC Canada while we are on lockdown, Im in the grocery business and still go on the road to visit stores and have noticed in the last few weeks since the end of March till now a distinct increase in traffic. I dont know where everyone is going but there are a lot more people on the roads suddenly. Is it the same in Australia? People seem to be getting restless at being locked in, are not protesting but are definitely out on the roads.

I'm not sure if there has been more people out, but I have noticed some maybe not following social distance rules as well as they would have even a couple of weeks ago.

I went over to Chadstone yesterday, and was surprised at the number of people there despite most of the shops still being closed. I doubt there was 4m2 per person in JB HiFi despite entry to the store being controlled by a security guard. I went to the food court thinking I might pick up some takeaway for dinner and people were standing shoulder to shoulder at some of the counters - I gave it a miss. Seems that for a many people social distancing is over and done with.

It isn't surprising. People were never going to stay in their homes forever. I mean with low infection rate in Australia compared to other countries probably influenced people to go out more.

I went over to Chadstone yesterday, and was surprised at the number of people there despite most of the shops still being closed. I doubt there was 4m2 per person in JB HiFi despite entry to the store being controlled by a security guard. I went to the food court thinking I might pick up some takeaway for dinner and people were standing shoulder to shoulder at some of the counters - I gave it a miss. Seems that for a many people social distancing is over and done with.

Interesting......possibly just weekend idiots, have you noticed morons come out on the weekend?
(not you of course), and surprised JB can be open,it is such a crowded messy shop, distance would be difficult

I had to pay a visit last Monday 27, pick up pressies and other birthday stuff, and I do my Aldi shopping there.
Anyway, my point.....it was like a ghost town, hardly any pedestrians, and all doing the distance thing to the max.

I love it, it is so unlike normal getting in my space far too much shopping
Toilet paper! Luckily is back, my last early shopping lot .....just a few rolls left

I wear a mask, and it was noticeable this time nobody else had masks, 2 weeks ago everyone in masks
Seems weird some shops are allowed to be open, like Kmart...why?

Last edited:

Bad photos like this will probably convince the politicians to wind back restrictions. Which I hope won't be the case.

I think they should have waited until after the labour day long weekend to ease some coronavirus rules.

Hopefully Daniel Andrews doesn't ease the restrictions on Monday. 22 new cases in Victoria is no good. Those restrictions need to stay in place.

Back