Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

tumblr_nlxkk8Hf1l1qbw8npo1_250.gifv

If that happened, what would be your suggestion if this thread became political again? COVID-19 is a public health issue and I think it's likely that politicians or politics would be mentioned again. The decisions made in response to this virus impact people's lives.

If you don't want to be exposed to media or commentary you don't like then you probably shouldn't participate on an internet forum.
I really didn't see the suggestion being any different than in the BB main forum where there are different threads for different discusion points. Covid isn't disaappearing anytime soon, it effects us all and there are many different things for us all to to discuss about it on both threads. If the non political thread turned to politics I am sure people are adult enough to move it over to the political thread. This forum has worked for 15 odd years I don't think it will suddenly stop working over 1 thread now. But it was merely a suggestion and as it appears to be an unpopular one I shall not set up a second thread for non political discussion.

Reactions: kxk
I really didn't see the suggestion being any different than in the BB main forum where there are different threads for different discusion points. Covid isn't disaappearing anytime soon, it effects us all and there are many different things for us all to to discuss about it on both threads. If the non political thread turned to politics I am sure people are adult enough to move it over to the political thread. This forum has worked for 15 odd years I don't think it will suddenly stop working over 1 thread now. But it was merely a suggestion and as it appears to be an unpopular one I shall not set up a second thread for non political discussion.

This is a Big Brother forum so obviously multiple threads on Big Brother are warranted. This is not a health forum, a medical forum or a current events forum. I doubt the type of audience exists here to justify more than one COVID-19 thread. I also think it's unrealistic to expect that people would continue their discussion in another thread each time things become political. Wouldn't that be a disruption to organic discussion of the pandemic?

Even in the initial post @kxk said "Sco mo is a moron, I hope we have better brains leading him, he is late on everything and I have no faith in him or libs to get us through disasters"

So there was a political aspect to this thread from the start! I think it's too difficult to seperate politics from COVID-19.

Last edited:
Back