Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Did you catch it or just isolating for results?
isolating for results and precautionary as per state guidelines - if negative need to get tested again on day 6 and if negative then we can go out with medical masks - up until day 14 if need stuff but really try not to unless have to. Need to have a day 13 test too.

isolating for results and precautionary as per state guidelines - if negative need to get tested again on day 6 and if negative then we can go out with medical masks - up until day 14 if need stuff but really try not to unless have to. Need to have a day 13 test too.
Oh teeeeeedious. Hope you don‘t go too insane Isee.

Now the countdown to find out if any of us got COVID at Christmas.
My (former) neighbour in Sydney has just recovered from a mild case. Takes the count of people I know personally to have had it to seven. And probably me tbh. Unexplained heart arrhythmia at night, and overall aches, so I suspect I've had it and didn't realise.

My (former) neighbour in Sydney has just recovered from a mild case. Takes the count of people I know personally to have had it to seven. And probably me tbh. Unexplained heart arrhythmia at night, and overall aches, so I suspect I've had it and didn't realise.

I know an American who was living here during this. As soon as she could, she flew back to the states to see friends and family. So her vaccine was as recent as 20 somethings could get it here. She's already got COVID. Sections of her family over there are all infected with COVID for a second time.

Crazy stuff.

400 people in Sydney received negative results last night in error - they were in fact POSITIVE.

Just goes to show what pressure authorities are under when people can make such an error.

Oh and more than half the 950 who received negative results that hadn't actually been processed turned out positive.

Meanwhile I've been wondering about some symptoms I've been experiencing (heart arrhythmia at night, body aches) so today I picked up a rapid antibody test (blood test that tells you whether your body has produced antibodies from a prior infection). And it turns out yes, I've had Covid and didn't even know.

IgG Positive: The presence of IgG suggests that the infection happened weeks to months in the past.

1640678391139.png

Reactions: kxk
Oh and more than half the 950 who received negative results that hadn't actually been processed turned out positive.

Meanwhile I've been wondering about some symptoms I've been experiencing (heart arrhythmia at night, body aches) so today I picked up a rapid antibody test (blood test that tells you whether your body has produced antibodies from a prior infection). And it turns out yes, I've had Covid and didn't even know.

IgG Positive: The presence of IgG suggests that the infection happened weeks to months in the past.

View attachment 57485
Wow, interesting.

View attachment 57485
Oh I didn’t know about these tests either. Can they be purchased in Australia anybody know?
And how far back will antibodies still be present from. I was sick with what I (and the doctor) just diagnosed as a sore throat in March 2020 and I’ve wondered if it was covid as I had loss of fade and smell which I’ve never had before.
Also does your body not have antibodies due to vaccine? I’m not completely au fait with that kinda stuff haha

Pleased you are OK Timmy. This is such a strange disease that can kill some, put others in intensive care, yet for others the symptoms can be so mild or vague you are not even sure you have had it until after.

Oh I didn’t know about these tests either. Can they be purchased in Australia anybody know?
And how far back will antibodies still be present from. I was sick with what I (and the doctor) just diagnosed as a sore throat in March 2020 and I’ve wondered if it was covid as I had loss of fade and smell which I’ve never had before.
Also does your body not have antibodies due to vaccine? I’m not completely au fait with that kinda stuff haha
Well you raise a good point there :D maybe it does just mean my vaccinations have worked. An IGG test becomes positive within the first few weeks of the illness or vaccination.

I wish I had a definitive answer because I've just felt so crappy for months. At the very least my 2 x Sinovac plus AZ booster were effective.

There's so much going on in my world this past week I don't know what's going on any more.

Back