Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I know people have short memories, but I hope that dictator Dan's awfulness is not forgotten in the future. Sure, you have his shameless pr team trying to excuse the abhorrent behaviour of him and his stormtroopers. The brain dead idiocy of those dictator Dan supporters with a sick fetish for authority who make excuses for the blood on his hands. Those who support dictators like Dan support evil and the death of humanity. But those with brains, those with a heart, and those with a soul will never forget how dictator Dan has destroyed Victoria. A state that we all could look upon with pride. A cultural and sporting haven in Australia. But now that will change. For because of dictator Dan Victoria has changed from a state that people should go to all the time to somewhere that everyone should avoid forever. For Victoria now is a barren wasteland. What once was a blooming field of flowers is now a overgrown pile of weeds. What once was a place of hope is now a grey pit of despair. What once was a land of freedom is now the playground of a mentality unfit megalomaniac.

Dictator Dan has the blood of every man, woman and child who has had covid or been affected by covid in Victoria. Now someone with decent would be ashamed of that. But all this has done has hardened the more dictatorial parts of his personality. Hardened like a piece of gum on a shoe. For now he has shaped the state into his insane image. Using lock downs to enforce his corrupt rule. Using his evil police force to destroy the morale of the people of Victoria.

I read it back and thought the same thing. Then I didn’t really care as I know we are not.

I think standing up for what you believe in is the most important thing.
I have no problem in standing up for what you believe in - I do that often, and sometimes to my detriment. I just have always believed being free to say what we believe does not mean we are not free of the consequences of that. Others have the equal right to reply, and have an opinion on what you have said. So in Sam Frosts case a word like segregation comes with very stong connotations, and several people far more eloquent than I have been able to express why her use of the word is inappropriate in this context. So I shared an one article that expressed that view on the matter.

I have no problem in standing up for what you believe in - I do that often, and sometimes to my detriment. I just have always believed being free to say what we believe does not mean we are not free of the consequences of that. Others have the equal right to reply, and have an opinion on what you have said. So in Sam Frosts case a word like segregation comes with very stong connotations, and several people far more eloquent than I have been able to express why her use of the word is inappropriate in this context. So I shared an one article that expressed that view on the matter.

Yep. It is good to have a variety of opinions on certain topics. Otherwise the world would be a very boring place.

I think the word is good to describe the situation but everyone would have different opinions on that.

@Isee do you know much about NZ’s Covid response? Have they abandoned their Covid zero goals or are they still pushing with it? I see the travel bubble to the South Island is reopening, so was confused if their policy had changed?

Yep. It is good to have a variety of opinions on certain topics. Otherwise the world would be a very boring place.

I think the word is good to describe the situation but everyone would have different opinions on that.
Generally when I think of segregation I think of of things that people are segreagated by that is beyond thier choice eg race, gender, sexual orientation. The choice not to get vaccinatated is putting you into a group that may be seperated out, which may be horrible, but it is also a choice. If you did change your mind, or if Novovax came along and you decided to get vaccinated, you would no longer be in that "outer group" I think I see it a bit more like being at high school and the chance to be in different cliques depending on your status/popularity. But thats just my view.

Interesting review on media. Perrottet opens at 500 cases and is criticised by The Project and ABC. Dan opens at 2000 cases and is praised by these media sources.

Anyone else want to tell me that The Project does not have a lefty bias? Sorry to say but it is leftist propaganda. Same with the ABC.

Interesting review on media. Perrottet opens at 500 cases and is criticised by The Project and ABC. Dan opens at 2000 cases and is praised by these media sources.

Anyone else want to tell me that The Project does not have a lefty bias? Sorry to say but it is leftist propaganda. Same with the ABC.
The project are dictator Dan's puppets.

@Isee do you know much about NZ’s Covid response? Have they abandoned their Covid zero goals or are they still pushing with it? I see the travel bubble to the South Island is reopening, so was confused if their policy had changed?
I think with Delta in Auckland they are still hoping the might be able to get it back under control, but I think they realistically know its not possible. They were hoping to have more vaccinated before they abandoned the covid zero, so instead they have been doing a hard push to get as many people vaccinated as possible. They are at 86% with at least 1 dose 68.9% with 2 doese with a target to get to 90% by christmas time. I have read that yes technically there is a travel bubble open , however there are no flights (Qantas or Air NZ) currently planned to leave the south island! My understanding is also while people don't have to quarantine travelling into Australia from NZ they do travelling into NZ from here.

And same with sky the other way.
We have no reliability in media reporting. Its all commercially biased to an end.
A mechanism that is sordid as well as repugnant.
All about views and clickbait over any unbiased insightful reportage.
Its a sad indictment. Truth or opinion doesnt matter. All about fishing for angles of public sentiment.
How we have fallen. The modern age. Where truth is given a wide berth in favour of dramatism.
And views. views views views.

I was sincerely stick to my stomach watching all media reportage celebrating freedom day like it was an event or a grand final.
Regression to appease the populus. We are all the dumber for it.
But it exists cos there is a dumb widespread market for it.
Crttitical thought and analysis died quite some time ago.
Literally seeing with my own eyes the dumbing down of society.
And I feel interminably sad.

And same with sky the other way.
We have no reliability in media reporting. Its all commercially biased to an end.
A mechanism that is sordid as well as repugnant.
All about views and clickbait over any unbiased insightful reportage.
Its a sad indictment. Truth or opinion doesnt matter. All about fishing for angles of public sentiment.
How we have fallen. The modern age. Where truth is given a wide berth in favour of dramatism.
And views. views views views.

Agree. I think the point that I was trying to make more than anything there is that there is evidence out there that shows like The Project are left leaning. Yet some deny that and class it as establishment propaganda when it is clear that it is left wing propaganda. 🙄

I was sincerely stick to my stomach watching all media reportage celebrating freedom day like it was an event or a grand final.
Regression to appease the populus. We are all the dumber for it.
But it exists cos there is a dumb widespread market for it.
Crttitical thought and analysis died quite some time ago.
Literally seeing with my own eyes the dumbing down of society.
And I feel interminably sad.

I love how they labelled it “Freedom Day”. Not even close to freedom. There are much better terms that the media could have used to describe it.

Agree. I think the point that I was trying to make more than anything there is that there is evidence out there that shows like The Project are left leaning. Yet some deny that and class it as establishment propaganda when it is clear that it is left wing propaganda. 🙄
I just dont actually believe one way or another any of what these programs submit or even if they themselves believe in what they actually report.
Its almost like a shell game, where they look over each others shoulders at other programs and then display opposing views for the sake of it.
Life imitates art.
In this case, its news services and programs imitating crass social media.

I love how they labelled it “Freedom Day”. Not even close to freedom. There are much better terms that the media could have used to describe it.
It was that, but more the footage of morons drinking at midnight, widespread cheering etc etc.
Thats news? If you had the sound turned down you would swear it was footage from pubs before a sporting event or something.
I was cringing hard.

Back