Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I think it's insane that today we had over 2000 new positive cases here in Victoria and all I can hear on the tv and radio is how exciting it is to finally get our freedoms back? I mean the way the media is going on about it all people will just think everything is back to normal and there's no need to be cautious about the virus anymore.

I have seen how stupid people are out there as soon as they get a hint of easing of restrictions it's like ok masks are off now and go and mingle with as many people as possible and go to every possible retail outlet and have fun.

I will be watching the case numbers over the next few weeks from now to see what happens...

I think it's insane that today we had over 2000 new positive cases here in Victoria and all I can hear on the tv and radio is how exciting it is to finally get our freedoms back? I mean the way the media is going on about it all people will just think everything is back to normal and there's no need to be cautious about the virus anymore.

I have seen how stupid people are out there as soon as they get a hint of easing of restrictions it's like ok masks are off now and go and mingle with as many people as possible and go to every possible retail outlet and have fun.

I will be watching the case numbers over the next few weeks from now to see what happens...

I'm still confused over what exactly is this "freedom day." I can get my hair cut, then go have a parma and a pot at the pub? Yet I can't go to the gym and have my appointment via zoom still. It's not a freedom day at all.

I have friends whose businesses can't open. Frustrated by the misconception they can. Specifically thinking of one who owns a beauty salon, because the news has constantly been saying beauty can open but they can't. Hairdressers can.

Then you have idiots like Josh Frydenberg claiming we should give up and match NSW's reopening despite not having the vax rates. Hoping people are too dumb to understand the distinction. Which of course is a comment he can make without consequence. Everyone wants to be open. Yet if they did open up and it went pear-shaped. He'd not have to take responsibility. The cynical part of me thinks morons like him want that course of action to happen.

My plans are still conservative. I still think the overall idea is that we're all meant to get covid, have the vax hopefully protect us. Gain extra immunity and be done with it. Yet no one is willing to say that. So not sure how to look at the number of cases.

My brother lives in a COVID riddled country and assumes he must have had it but didn't realise. He's vaxed, has a job that involves interaction with people and isn't allowed to wear a mask.

@up_all_night when can beauty salons and gyms reopen in Victoria? In NSW, everything reopened on Freedom Day, there were no exceptions.

I think it's after we reach the 80% double dosed for eligible rate. They haven't announced it as far as I know.

Did you guys all open up at 70% or 80%?

I think it's after we reach the 80% double dosed for eligible rate. They haven't announced it as far as I know.

We opened up completely at 70%, with some caps such as 5 people in hairdressers and nail salons.

When we hit 80%, we moved to 1 person per 4spm indoors and 2sqm outdoors, could have 20 people in your home and community sport was back on.

The only restriction left for us is to be able to travel to Regional NSW, which is due back on 1st November. We were originally getting that with 80%, but had to be pushed back because of the low vax rates in the regions.

How is Dan Andrews looking polling wise? How has his public relations team countered any anti dan sentiment?

Back