Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

The vaccines work for the current varients, but who know what varients are to come while the disease is still around and able to mutate

If variants are the issue, they should look at ordering a variant proof vaccine. Perhaps something like Valneva which is reportedly variant proof.

There are always steps that can be taken with getting the right vaccines but for some reason or another are not.

If variants are the issue, they should look at ordering a variant proof vaccine. Perhaps something like Valneva which is reportedly variant proof.

There are always steps that can be taken with getting the right vaccines but for some reason or another are not.
Did you watch the video?

Well, I watched the video. My comment still stands…

With a variant proof vaccine, we would be all good as that would stop the virus.

Im happy to be corrected, but my understanding is that all the vaccines dont prevent you from getting the virus, it just lessens the chance of getting very sick to the point of having to be hospitalised. Therefore, you can still transmit the virus to an unvaccinated person who is much more likely to need hospitalisation. Its more for the protection of the unvaccinated as well as vaccinated individuals who have a natural lower body immunity system or are elderly or have underlying health issues.
Being double vaxed doesnt make us bullet proof. It just allows us a greater chance of coping with it without requiring hospitalisation and overloading the system.
Im happy to be educated otherwise but that is my current understanding.

Last edited:
Im happy to be corrected, but my understanding is that all the vaccines dont prevent you from getting the virus, it just lessens the chance of getting very sick to the point of having to be hospitalised. Therefore, you can still transmit the virus to an unvaccinated person who is much more likely to need hospitalisation. Its more for the protection of the unvaccinated as well as vaccinated individuals who have a natural lower body immunity system or are elderly or have underlying health issues.
Being double vaxed doesnt not make us bullet proof. It just allows us a greater chance of coping with it without requiring hospitalisation and overloading the system.
Im happy to be educated otherwise but that is my current understanding.

You are right from what I have read 😂

I think a few people in this thread would be good hosts on The Project with their ALP partisan views.

Carrie Bickmore - Isee
Waleed Aly - up_all_night
Peter Helliar - timmy
Peter Helliar’s lapdog - rj90

Still would not watch it as it would be full of far left propaganda.

Well, I watched the video. My comment still stands…

With a variant proof vaccine, we would be all good as that would stop the virus.
I just don't know if that is possible as the mutations may have not yet happened when the vaccine is being created If so I don't know if it can happen with old tried and true methods so it might have to be a new type of vaccine and people would be concerned about that, which would then lead to vaccine hesitancy and people not using it which defeats the aim.

I just don't know if that is possible as the mutations may have not yet happened when the vaccine is being created If so I don't know if it can happen with old tried and true methods so it might have to be a new type of vaccine and people would be concerned about that, which would then lead to vaccine hesitancy and people not using it which defeats the aim.

Depends really. I think Valneva is a good starting point. Rollout and see if it really is variant proof.

Old technology. Inactive virus vaccine. Better than not trying anything and just sitting here waiting for new variants to occur. If the vaccine can really stop variants, then it is a better option than any.

I think a few people in this thread would be good hosts on The Project with their ALP partisan views.

Carrie Bickmore - Isee
Waleed Aly - up_all_night
Peter Helliar - timmy
Peter Helliar’s lapdog - rj90

Still would not watch it as it would be full of far left propaganda.
I can't vote in this country so I am not an ALP supporter, voter or anything. But you do amuse me with this story you have in your head about me.

I can't vote in this country so I am not an ALP supporter, voter or anything. But you do amuse me with this story you have in your head about me.

I think I read you pretty well.

You admit you are a leftist. I don’t think you are that far left that you are a Green. So ALP would be my best guess. Tell me that I am wrong. 😂

I think I read you pretty well.

You admit you are a leftist. I don’t think you are that far left that you are a Green. So ALP would be my best guess. Tell me that I am wrong. 😂
To be honest I have no idea who I would vote for in Australia. It would not be either of the two main parties or the greens. It would be the best of the small parties or independents who had policies that most closely matched my thoughts.

Back