Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

OMG
On PT Thursday to hospital, to have my poor sore broken wrist freed from plaster, freaky experience, little saw they use....
Anyway, never been so happy to be fully vaxed....
On bus home......a crazy woman, actually SAT ON ME.....NO MASK
Almost screamed, got up and ran to back of bus...WTF

It is random weird people like this that will kill you @Affable
There are far too many idiots everywhere....all the fools I see with masks only over their mouth, noses stuck out

I was afraid to go out at all until 2nd jab, I would have died if I got Covid, and more susceptible
to catching it.....auto immune disease, lots of people have these
Have almost ordered badge you can get online......says, KEEP DISTANCE, I AM VULNERABLE, COMPROMISED IMMUNE SYSTEM
might just make my own, more direct....
F off you F wit

And far out, my poor wrist and injured whole arm strained, looks better, still swollen and sore
Will take another 6 weeks to heal
Gradual I guess, feels a bit better today

Be very careful @Affable
My youngin is facing the same choice and would prefer Pfizer....but he is likely last on any priority list
Will they change the priority list now young ones are getting ill and dying?
He has worked the entire Covid time.....anyone doing this should be on a priority NOW list

He and friends are getting quite shitty about this, essential services have a right to feel pissed off
No cash bonuses for nothing, some people being paid more for doing nothing, no paid time off
And they all just keep slogging away

Really - so scotty thinks that the US should send vaccines to us before developing countries because he fucked up?

Have the NSW government given up? It seems they are waiting for every one to be vaccinated instead of being proactive with their lockdowns. Because they may say that they have the toughest lockdown, but clearly there's something wrong if their case numbers are increasing.

Really - so scotty thinks that the US should send vaccines to us before developing countries because he fucked up?

Almost reads like a phishing scam email in places. And seems to place Republican/US anti-China rhetoric as important.

I also thought that COVAX was the mechanism by which countries are able to make such requests.

Australia poured $123.2 million dollars into COVAX for our own supply and $80 Million to support 92 lower-income countries.

A commitment (?) of "$623.2 million over three years to assist countries in the Pacific and Southeast Asia" - which I assume means those not signed up to COVAX - Who knows.

Have the NSW government given up? It seems they are waiting for every one to be vaccinated instead of being proactive with their lockdowns. Because they may say that they have the toughest lockdown, but clearly there's something wrong if their case numbers are increasing.

Yes I don't know why case numbers are not decreasing after so long? I don't know about them having the toughest lockdown though? I heard that even Karl Stefanovic from channel nine's today show was telling some government official on the morning news why are places like Bunnings and the Reject Shop still open? So it sounds to me like the lockdown in Sydney could and should be tougher than what it currently is that's for sure.

Anyway we have just had 29 new cases here in Melbourne and they reckon that most of them were out in the community while infectious. Let's see how it pans out here with our latest lockdown and this new cluster of the delta strain.

OMG
On PT Thursday to hospital, to have my poor sore broken wrist freed from plaster, freaky experience, little saw they use....
Anyway, never been so happy to be fully vaxed....
On bus home......a crazy woman, actually SAT ON ME.....NO MASK
Almost screamed, got up and ran to back of bus...WTF

It is random weird people like this that will kill you @Affable
There are far too many idiots everywhere....all the fools I see with masks only over their mouth, noses stuck out

I was afraid to go out at all until 2nd jab, I would have died if I got Covid, and more susceptible
to catching it.....auto immune disease, lots of people have these
Have almost ordered badge you can get online......says, KEEP DISTANCE, I AM VULNERABLE, COMPROMISED IMMUNE SYSTEM
might just make my own, more direct....
F off you F wit

And far out, my poor wrist and injured whole arm strained, looks better, still swollen and sore
Will take another 6 weeks to heal
Gradual I guess, feels a bit better today

Be very careful @Affable
My youngin is facing the same choice and would prefer Pfizer....but he is likely last on any priority list
Will they change the priority list now young ones are getting ill and dying?
He has worked the entire Covid time.....anyone doing this should be on a priority NOW list

He and friends are getting quite shitty about this, essential services have a right to feel pissed off
No cash bonuses for nothing, some people being paid more for doing nothing, no paid time off
And they all just keep slogging away

Hi there Kxk wishing you a full speedy recovery on the wrist. Funny you mention at the end about essential services etc. I was actually talking about this to my regular check out person at Coles the other day. I said gees you poor guys have not had a single day off during this whole pandemic and you slog away day in day out and risk your health to keep things going for everyone. I said you guy's should get paid more or even get some sort of bonus payments during these tough times for all your hard work. Let me tell you I made his day with what I said that's for sure. Well anyway after something like this you now realise which jobs are really important and essential to keep things moving and people alive that's for sure.

I don't see why click and collect or online shopping is not the obvious solution for almost everything just to get the numbers under control. Encourage click and collect, or delivery for groceries as much as possible, although I understand some would need to still go in to shop. I know not every shop may offer click and collect eg local fruit and veg shop may not, but surely any minimising of different shops people are wandering around in the better especially if the store can still continue to trade.

Almost reads like a phishing scam email in places. And seems to place Republican/US anti-China rhetoric as important.

I also thought that COVAX was the mechanism by which countries are able to make such requests.

Australia poured $123.2 million dollars into COVAX for our own supply and $80 Million to support 92 lower-income countries.

A commitment (?) of "$623.2 million over three years to assist countries in the Pacific and Southeast Asia" - which I assume means those not signed up to COVAX - Who knows.

It says there are 92 lower income countries eligible to get support from covax. I know Australia has already been supplying Az to Fiji. I know nz has bought enough doses of Pfizer for a few of the pacific islands like Cook island's etc. I an not sure if they have them yet or not though.

The way nsw reports their data has me asking more questions. For instance I see it says 283 bew cases 106 were in isolation and 42 were in isolation for part of their infectious period. That leaves a lot that were not isolating which on the surface sounds irresponsible but another good number to add into that were how many of those were essential workers who got it while working.

The way nsw reports their data has me asking more questions. For instance I see it says 283 bew cases 106 were in isolation and 42 were in isolation for part of their infectious period. That leaves a lot that were not isolating which on the surface sounds irresponsible but another good number to add into that were how many of those were essential workers who got it while working.
They usually say 'at least 42 were infectious in the community' the rest are still 'under investigation' which basically means they were out in the community also. You'd know if they were isolating or not, that would be the first questions NSW Health would ask.

A large proportion of the community transmission comes from people visiting households that they shouldn't, and workers (but considering everything is locked down, that would mean they're all technically essential workers).

Also worth noting, today is the first day Gladys announced the death upfront, rather than having Dr Chant casually slip it into the numbers.

They usually say 'at least 42 were infectious in the community' the rest are still 'under investigation' which basically means they were out in the community also. You'd know if they were isolating or not, that would be the first questions NSW Health would ask.

A large proportion of the community transmission comes from people visiting households that they shouldn't, and workers (but considering everything is locked down, that would mean they're all technically essential workers).

Also worth noting, today is the first day Gladys announced the death upfront, rather than having Dr Chant casually slip it into the numbers.
Yeah I guess it would be good to understand a breakdown of that community transmission number is what I meant. How many is essential workers vs people doing things they shouldn't. Because the media will keep painting it as though there is a lot of people not doing the right thing but if most of those numbers are essential workers that is a different story. And an important one if we want to really start to understand the danger some minimum wage workers are in in nsw right now.

Yeah I guess it would be good to understand a breakdown of that community transmission number is what I meant. How many is essential workers vs people doing things they shouldn't. Because the media will keep painting it as though there is a lot of people not doing the right thing but if most of those numbers are essential workers that is a different story. And an important one if we want to really start to understand the danger some minimum wage workers are in in nsw right now.
I guess it could be to avoid a slippery slope towards 'demonizing' certain groups by industry, social grouping, etc. 🤷‍♂️

I guess it could be to avoid a slippery slope towards 'demonizing' certain groups by industry, social grouping, etc. 🤷‍♂️
Too late for that.

Greater Western Sydney has already been completely locked down, no leaving the house, extra mask rules, can’t go to work or leave your LGA, must get tested every 3 days, etc. whilst the East (where the outbreak started and people frequently gather on Bondi beach in large numbers flouting the rules) are spared any additional pain and are under the loosest restrictions possible in these circumstances. They still leave their houses, can exercise and go to parks, can work, etc. They don’t have mandatory testing requirements or are subjected to a no vax no work policy. Tradies in GWS have been told if they want to return to work, they must get vaccinated.

The treatment of the two sides, depending which side of the bridge you live, is atrocious. Standard behaviour from the LNP who couldn’t give two fucks about the working people.

Fair comment. I've not quite understood the piecemeal pseudo lockdowns. However, even with western Sydney in "complete" lockdown, the spread continues. That can't just be a small 'anomaly'. Some LGA numbers differ to the east by up to 5 times.

The Eastern Suburbs is home to just shy of 300K. GWS is home to 2.5 million, so you’d expect more numbers coming out of this area. But your right, the spread is huge in Western Sydney, even with these lockdowns because people are arseholes, no matter what LGA you live in.

Back