Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

yes sorry I had morning brain when I posted that and didn't read that properly - my bad

ah yes, Morning Brain. But - you can never know with Trump. Just what new low he will sink to. So I think it’s only accidental that his stake is so low.

and, for fun, article from the Borowitz Report from the New Yorker.

Trump Optimistic About Winning Nobel Prize in Medicine
By Andy Borowitz
April 6, 2020

Photograph by Yuri Gripas / Abaca / Bloomberg / Getty

WASHINGTON, D.C. (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it an “amazing accomplishment,” Donald J. Trump said on Monday that he believes that he is the “clear favorite” to win this year’s Nobel Prize in Medicine.

Trump said that he was a “lock” to win the Nobel because of his pioneering work in prescribing the drug hydroxychloroquine.
“I’ve been talking about hydroxychloroquine so much that a lot of people think I invented it,” Trump said. “You have to give the Nobel to someone who invents a major drug like that.”

He dismissed any claim that his lack of medical credentials disqualifies him from winning the Nobel Prize in Medicine.

“Just the opposite,” he said. “The fact that I’m not a doctor makes my ability to prescribe drugs that much more impressive.”
Trump said that he hoped the Nobel committee would be a “hell of a lot more fair” about giving out the Nobel in Medicine than they were in bestowing the Nobel Peace Prize.
“I did peace, I did peace great, and I didn’t get the Peace Prize,” Trump said. “If I don’t get the Medicine Prize, then the whole Nobel business is rigged.”
He revealed that his medical discoveries had “blown away” the doctors on the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
“When I tell Tony Fauci some of the stuff I’ve come up with, he just shakes his head,” Trump said.

WTF [email protected]

Can't see TARDIS either

Same for me, so I joined the hosts team
This week sucked for me
LOST TEAM
Could not find my team......but it appeared later
I joined the SS HOSTS team 10 mins before 7,and they fixed it but too late for me
FROZEN QUESTIONS
This happened a few times for me
Question page would not let me answer, stayed on that first blue page, can't type answer, not activated by hosts

Only got to answer about 30 questions, so I did lose interest and started watching tv doco in between questions

May be my slow internet to blame our nbn is shit, spending Easter looking at better deals, anyone recommend a telco?
We have been with optus for many years,had cable that was good,
and any time I say I will leave they make me an offer I cannot refuse

It was all so smooth and easy last week, will give them some constructive feedback,it is free tho

...I had to laugh this morning just before lunchtime... we went to Woolworths to get our shopping that is needed but before we shopped we decided to walk the extra (in my case... ride my powered wheelchair) 100 feet further as part of our daily exercise routine to the lake at Swansea Bridge... where... normally there would about 25 - 50 Seagulls fighting over some hot chips that people would throw to them while eating Fish and chips themselves for lunch...

...we got there and... not a Seagull in sight... I’m assuming that they have had to fly out to the Ocean about a Kilometre away and have had to go and hunt for Fish as they should actually have to do lol!... it must be a weird thing for them to have to do that (as Nature would expect them to do) I guess!... lol!...

...well... from a distance one solitary Seagull flew towards us and sat in front of us (waiting for a hot chip I suppose)... he sat there for a few minutes and kept staring at us... the way that he was looking and squarking now and then at us was as if he was saying...

”what the fuck?... where is everyone?... where’s my fucking chips!”...

...then it made me think... what if... ever since he was born... he’s relied upon us Humans to feed him hot chips every day of his life?... does he even know how to hunt for Fish in the Ocean at all?... if not... he’s slowly going to starve to death... in an indirect way he’s going to die because of the Coronavirus too!... sucker!... oh well... that’s how it goes I guess... lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...on the way home from Woolworths the woman had spent the morning drawing (with different coloured chalk) a series of animals and patterns on the pavement outside her Craft shop... most of them were Easter orientated... amongst all the drawings was a ‘hopscotch’ for the kids to play on... I haven’t seen one of them since I was a kid!... lol!...does everyone remember them?... cheers.

1586400851155.jpeg

Reactions: kxk
Yes, I remember them! But I‘m not quite sure how they work now... After the first round, a number would be skipped, but then what happened. Two numbers would be skipped?
Do you remember the ball games against the wall as well. I used to play them for hours. Back in the day when there was no INTERNET! Gasp!!

Back