Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Would you dob in a neighbour or friend etc for having too many people at their house? Is it the Aussie way or the COVID-19 way for you?

Hi I an not a dobber or a snitch in any way. I am not one that will dob somone in at all. But things dramatically change if I find out that someone has dobbed or snitched on me though...lol. Then I will most definately dob them in also. But I will never dob or snitch on anyone first unless I find out someone has done it to me.

Believe me I used to have a neighbour years ago that always dobbed on us and other neighbours all the time to the local council and/or police for petty reasons just to cause trouble and annoy their neighbours. It was a living nightmare for many years. Thankfully in the end they got their own medicine so to speak and they are no longer neighbours. The last thing anyone wants is annoying dobbing snitching neighbours. It's like living with neighbours from hell!

I guess the only thing that would annoy me a little is if they have a few people over I might not venture into my backyard for a long time as it's really close to the neighbours courtyard area, even now I wear a face mask when i'm outside doing any gardening work or lawnmowing as many people's yard area's are right next to our back fence, also in the front yard so many people walk past all day long and sometimes I see people not wearing masks properly or none at all.

Back to dobbing in a neighbour etc, I am sure they would probably know if they get reported it would most likely be from us and then I am pretty sure they will probably start to report us to someone just to cause trouble.

So I guess it's sort of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I kind of like wearing masks, u can look like shit and be anon
And, re hair, have taught myself how to cut and colour mine, and prefer it
Only need hairdressers for more special stuff like high lites
Yes, being a hairdresser I've noticed a lot the clients I had trained to come every six weeks, now know they can drag it out a lot longer. Not good from my perspective.
Plus being a big lipstick wearer, I have to make sure I've not got the big smudge going on when I leave the supermarket! 😂
I do prefer to wear the mask though, lipstick aside.

Last edited:
Reactions: kxk
I kind of like wearing masks, u can look like shit and be anon
And, re hair, have taught myself how to cut and colour mine, and prefer it
Only need hairdressers for more special stuff like high lites
I take my hat off to you. I can't even straighten my hair effectively.
Yes, being a hairdresser I've noticed a lot the clients I had trained to come every six weeks, now know they can drag it out a lot longer. Not good from my perspective.
Plus being a big lipstick wearer, I have to make sure I've not got the big smudge going on when I leave the supermarket! 😂
I miss my hairdresser so much! I used to go once a week for a wash, blowdry and straighten...there's nothing like the feeling of having your hair washed by a professional. I've been hesitating about asking her if she would resume doing it because I feel she probably is flat out trying to catch up on cuts and colours (both of which I desperately need too). But I will give her a call and see how she is placed.

I take my hat off to you. I can't even straighten my hair effectively.

I miss my hairdresser so much! I used to go once a week for a wash, blowdry and straighten...there's nothing like the feeling of having your hair washed by a professional. I've been hesitating about asking her if she would resume doing it because I feel she probably is flat out trying to catch up on cuts and colours (both of which I desperately need too). But I will give her a call and see how she is placed.

Oh yes, that hair massage....I could return just for that part, and I will miss my lovely hairdresser, very sweet family we have known for years now
And @February ...my hairdresser introduced me to those magic, hair sticks that you cover grey roots with,what a game changer
And now we have the little spray versions

Part of my going rogue now is my hair issue, my hair grow so fast it is like a friggin weed
2 weeks at most before I need root touch ups, it sucks

And @Sephrenia that growth thing is a lot to do with gaining hair skills, if I fuck up i don't care it will be gone soon

And, I have mad hair skills, due to my Mum.
As a kid I wanted long hair, and would run away when scissors came out
So she gave me a deal.
Learn to plait hair, and you can grow it
I was plaiting dolls, strings, sisters,anything and everything
This began my lifelong hair upgrading skills

And my brother was a hairdresser so I learnt tips from him
Anyone can learn from so many youtube how to cut your own hair clips
I use ....gather all hair in a forehead pony tail, works a treat, gives me a nice shag do

OMg so off topic

Anyone else watching the USA debate?

Ha! Speaking of haircuts I don't think i've had a hair cut until well before this lockdown stuff started, I probably had a haircut around January, could have even been late last year? Seriously I can't remember...lol

Speaking of good old barbers, sadly all the good old school barbers have all retired around here. I usually stick to the same barber until they close up shop or retire. I once went to some younger hairdresser that opened up where my old barber used to be, charged me a bit more but they were quite rude and the haircut quality wasn't the same, never went back there again. I found another old timer down the road that cuts the hair for half the price and does a much better job and is also friendly at the same time. It definately pays to shop around for barbers...lol

At the moment I am sort of sporting a mullet look as I haven't cut my hair for a long time. Don't think I will cut it anytime soon either, it sort of takes me back to my younger years being a bit of a metal head wearing the old "Metallica" t-shirts, which I still have in the wardrobe! Might have to dust them out and start wearing them again over summer...LOL! Oh that takes me back to the mid to late 90's now! :p ;)

Reactions: kxk
OMG
Wearing masks has a odd side effect

I am long past an age that young men/boys would find attractive,
and have not had any passing admirers whistling or whooping at me for many years

I was mowing our nature strip yesterday, with mask
And I got yobbos whooping comment from a car
LOL now, for they know not that I am an old bag beneath a mask & sunnies
gave me a big laugh

OMG
Wearing masks has a odd side effect

I am long past an age that young men/boys would find attractive,
and have not had any passing admirers whistling or whooping at me for many years

I was mowing our nature strip yesterday, with mask
And I got yobbos whooping comment from a car
LOL now, for they know not that I am an old bag beneath a mask & sunnies
gave me a big laugh
That's hilarious! At least your body must still be in good shape!
It reminds me of a time when I was about 35 - 40. I was walking to the shops in the summer wearing a little top and a pair of shorts. A guy, all of about 15 cycled up from behind me on the pavement, and did some fancy little cycling zig zag moves before glancing back at me over his sunglasses and smiled, before a look of horror crossed his face, and he cycled away as fast as he could. That was hilarious! From behind I must have looked WAY younger than I was!

Back