Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Non essential services are limited to stop people moving about too much
The travelling all over stuff, apparently makes life very difficult for tracers and other stuff I don't know about etc
I know it does seem odd....

I am going to start a Tracing online course, my usual profession is all locked down for now and whenever
There are free courses,from reputable educators

I understand about trying to stop people moving around too much but many of the services I am talking about are local and don't involve travelling for kilometres.

For example the pool shop is about two kilometres (if that) from our property. I have a house on the Mornington Peninsula (which I have not visited since Christmas). I employ a gardening service when I am not there and they are located in the same town but they are not allowed to do any maintenance unless it is an emergency. The same goes for my cleaning lady...she is not allowed to clean houses even though they are vacant and within a five kilometre radius of her house.

I just think that a one size fits all approach is limiting some businesses who could work safely and not burden the already stretched economy further.

Yes, for my liking. I understand the supposed reasons behind it but I still feel that Dan is aiming for a zero figure instead of trying to formulate a plan to live with the virus until a vaccine is developed.

image.png.ee0bbde44431014012e50422c58aafca.png

Imagine thanking Dan for his management of Victoria's COVID crisis.

That's like thanking an arsonist for starting a fire and then putting their own fire out.
The funny thing is that many people ARE grateful to Dan and think that he has done a good job under the circumstances...they forgive and forget the reasons Victoria was put in such a position in the first place and just focus on getting out of it and on with some sort of normality.
He looks like he's going to have a heart attack whenever he's on the TV.
I actually feel sorry for him at times even though he and his government have bungled so many things. He hasn't had a day off in months and I'm sure the stuff ups, deaths and suffering would weigh heavily on him all the time. Who'd be a Premier, Chief Minister or Prime Minister at the best of times let alone being one during a pandemic and depression? Terrible job! You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. BUT I do think the situation could have been handled better in Victoria and I'm not ready to forgive him.

Imagine thanking Dan for his management of Victoria's COVID crisis.

That's like thanking an arsonist for starting a fire and then putting their own fire out.

I don't know but how can he even smile on television now when all these poor people especially nearly all the elderly in aged care have all died and are still passing everyday, and there is proof that this second wave were all the result of infections spreading from the people in hotel quarantine.

I also do not for a second believe that NO ONE in that government remembers who hired the security guards for hotel quarantine! It's bulldust and a major coverup by all of them. Possibly the sacking (resigning) of the health minister was a good scapegoat for this government? They had to let someone take some blame for what has happened right?

Anyway as of today lawnmower contractors are able to work again and I can hear the buzzing of lawnmowers all over the place around here.

The funny thing is that many people ARE grateful to Dan and think that he has done a good job under the circumstances...they forgive and forget the reasons Victoria was put in such a position in the first place and just focus on getting out of it and on with some sort of normality.

I actually feel sorry for him at times even though he and his government have bungled so many things. He hasn't had a day off in months and I'm sure the stuff ups, deaths and suffering would weigh heavily on him all the time. Who'd be a Premier, Chief Minister or Prime Minister at the best of times let alone being one during a pandemic and depression? Terrible job! You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. BUT I do think the situation could have been handled better in Victoria and I'm not ready to forgive him.
He looked a little better on the news tonight.
I wouldn't have wanted his job.
Like you said, things could have been handled better.
I just hope now all the numbers are down, the crazies don't think it's okay to go nuts again!

Would you dob in a neighbour or friend etc for having too many people at their house? Is it the Aussie way or the COVID-19 way for you?

At first if say no, but then I thought how I'd feel if I was stuck in lockdown like Melbourne and that maybe I'd feel a bit different. Like maybe I'd feel like why do you get to have fun whilst I'm following the rules.

So I go and start dobbing. But then I stop and think. I need proof. I just can't throw baseless accusations on potentially innocent people. This isn't twitter. So I sneak over to their house. Their front door is unlocked. Very suspicious. I open the door and go in. The lights come on. There are a whole group of people dressed up real fancy and a sign saying happy birthday reepbot.

"But it's not my birthday, and my name isn't reepbot," I say.

"We know," a voice says.

Then everything goes black. I wake up. I'm in the circus. I'm now a lion tamer.

At first if say no, but then I thought how I'd feel if I was stuck in lockdown like Melbourne and that maybe I'd feel a bit different. Like maybe I'd feel like why do you get to have fun whilst I'm following the rules.

So I go and start dobbing. But then I stop and think. I need proof. I just can't throw baseless accusations on potentially innocent people. This isn't twitter. So I sneak over to their house. Their front door is unlocked. Very suspicious. I open the door and go in. The lights come on. There are a whole group of people dressed up real fancy and a sign saying happy birthday reepbot.

"But it's not my birthday, and my name isn't reepbot," I say.

"We know," a voice says.

Then everything goes black. I wake up. I'm in the circus. I'm now a lion tamer.
Therein I think lies the dilemma. Do you stop people who are just trying to reconnect or do you think you may be aiding a potential spread of the virus again if you don't report them?

At least three weeks til I can get a haircut and a sit down coffee. Six weeks to see a movie. I am allowing myself to think about these things again.
I kind of like wearing masks, u can look like shit and be anon
And, re hair, have taught myself how to cut and colour mine, and prefer it
Only need hairdressers for more special stuff like high lites

Back