Skip to main content

The Tallulah Thread Part 2

LaIWonderWhatRaceHeCouldPossiblyBe

(I don't mean that in a nasty way I just am so confused I don't know how you refer to people's skin tone / background / nationality / heritage etc anymore)

PC dorks broke me :(

Its hard picking names for your children. I have a popular one - Chloe, and a not so popular one - Shelby. We chose them by printing off a list of top 100 names for the previous year, and then which ones my fella and I both liked. I didn't really care about how many other people would be out there with the same name - they woudl never be as good as my kid regardless LOL!!!

My SIL calls Chloe - Chlo for short - it pisses me off no end. How Fricken hard is is to say that one extra letter? Not every one needs to have their name shortened. So i call her son whose name is Beau - Bozo because i know she doesn't like it.

I love the name Shelby. I wanted it for one of our kiddies but because our last name is a colour it was knocked back :( Luckily my kids love their names, it's one thing I have done right :)

someone i know is named Kirby.

its cute but i keep thinking of
KirbyYay.png

I have been trying to find this name. it was in the paper a few weeks ago. it was something tremendously exaggerated like Emmer-Leigh .. they were in the paper having surgery i think.

Well it's funny you should mention that name, in my job I come across families who often opt for UNEEKE names or names with peculiar spellings. One particular little girl who is cute as a button had what I thoughts was the very cute name of Emily.........or does she....today I found out by chance that her name is in fact Mllee that's M L L E E

ohhh poor child :( :(

another name i remember now when we adopted our kitten from the pound, they were delayed because a lady named "freedom" had saved the paperwork on her personal drive. and they kept saying how they cant access freedom's personal files e.t.c.

it took me a while to realise they meant a person! omg. how do u shorten freedom? free-ey? dommy?

Ok I have to say. I was named Bentley. Which now is hella cool but at a christian brothers school in the 70's it wasnt too cool. I guess my mum and dad were being "progressive" or the old man just liked cars.

I actually had to go to department of transport recently to change some plates. The guy asked me my name and he said 'fair dinkum"

Luckily I hadn't had a coffee.

I do know how it is to have a "different name" I agree with all of you on the wierd spelling.

I wont disclose my surname but its a nightmare. My sisters couldnt wait to shake it. Im fooked! I might marry someone so I can take their name. gawd.lol

btw you will all be happy to know im going on holidays to a place with no computers(yeah right).

happy January to all capricornians and those other starsigns

Holy shit, Mllee is ridiculous. If anything (to aid with pronunciation), it should be M.L.Lee, or even Emalee - at least then people might have a chance of pronoucning it correctly.
I wonder if she gets called Milee (Miley) by mistake (people presuming the second L is actually supposed to be an i)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I have to say. I was named Bentley. Which now is hella cool but at a christian brothers school in the 70's it wasnt too cool. I guess my mum and dad were being "progressive" or the old man just liked cars.

I actually had to go to department of transport recently to change some plates. The guy asked me my name and he said 'fair dinkum"

Luckily I hadn't had a coffee.

I do know how it is to have a "different name" I agree with all of you on the wierd spelling.

I wont disclose my surname but its a nightmare. My sisters couldnt wait to shake it. Im fooked! I might marry someone so I can take their name. gawd.lol

btw you will all be happy to know im going on holidays to a place with no computers(yeah right).

happy January to all capricornians and those other starsigns

I see where you are coming from but as someone who has a fairly common name it's annoying! I was also blessed with a last name that is spelled one way and pronounced another. It used to really get on my nerves when I was younger when it was continually pronounced wrong. I thank a popular cartoon character for that although some German friends of mine were appalled at the butchered English translation.

I see where you are coming from but as someone who has a fairly common name it's annoying! I was also blessed with a last name that is spelled one way and pronounced another. It used to really get on my nerves when I was younger when it was continually pronounced wrong. I thank a popular cartoon character for that although some German friends of mine were appalled at the butchered English translation.

KIMBA the white lion :confused: that was a popular cartoon character. :)

I don't have common name for my first, middle and now (married) last name. I don't use the middle much but my first and last usually have to be spelt and there are different ways to spell. I do not get up in arms if they are spelt wrong, except maybe by an in-law or family member - would be nice if they took the time to know the correct one. hehe

Holy shit, Mllee is ridiculous. If anything (to aid with pronunciation), it should be M.L.Lee, or even Emalee - at least then people might have a chance of pronoucning it correctly.
I wonder if she gets called Milee (Miley) by mistake (people presuming the second L is actually supposed to be an i)

I read it as Millie the first time (Mildred/Millicent).

oo kingston what is it?? im intrigued.

i have a stupid European surname that nobody knows how to say or spell. its so bad!!

KIMBA the white lion :confused: that was a popular cartoon character. :)

I don't have common name for my first, middle and now (married) last name. I don't use the middle much but my first and last usually have to be spelt and there are different ways to spell. I do not get up in arms if they are spelt wrong, except maybe by an in-law or family member - would be nice if they took the time to know the correct one. hehe

Schroeder_Piano.jpg

My family pronounces it as if it were Schraeder not Schroeder.

ohh i can see that being annoying :(

my family is in a published book about the history of Albany (wa) but our name is spelt wrong in it. so im officially in a published book but its not really me hahah. and i feel bad for people trying to research the family as they wont be able to find anything with the wrong spelling.

I thought it was amazing one time, I was in City Farmers and my bf signed up for the reward card which we both use. one time i forgot mine and they were like its okay whats the last name and im like "er.. such and such" and they just type it in im like WOAH... every other time in my life if they asked my name i say "such and such, its spelt blah, blah blah". hehe :)

Back