Skip to main content

The Tallulah Thread Part 2

For the past 5 years I've had a Nerys in my class.

Yes, named after the character Kira Nerys from DS9... The day she came along in year 8, I think my first words to her were "I know which show your parents are fans of!"

Last year when Nana Visitor (who played Nerys in DS9) came as a guest to Supanova comic con, they went along, got a photo and her mum also got Nerys' birth certificate signed by Nana!

It took me ages to find this thread:

Spurgeon (new baby for one of the 19 Kids and Counting daughters). Poor little thing.

It took me ages to find this thread:

Spurgeon (new baby for one of the 19 Kids and Counting daughters). Poor little thing.
Charles Spurgeon was a high profiled theologian and pastor in the mid 19th Century. I'd imagine this was the inspiration.

Charles Spurgeon was a high profiled theologian and pastor in the mid 19th Century. I'd imagine this was the inspiration.
It was. But it's still a terrible name! Second name Elliot, why couldn't they have switched them? At least they home school so he won't cop the playground teasing.

I had a Bich Dich (pron. - bick dick) in my class at Gireawheen SHS back in the 90's

Everyone called him Joe...

I process orders for the web based business where I work. I occasionally get a laugh out of the more unusual names or bogan spellings so I'm always on the look out for 'name of the week'. Unfortunately I can't share them here due to privacy reasons, except for someone who's real name is presumably not actually "Tyrone Shoelace". Or perhaps it is. I'll never know.

Back