Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

Lego is cool.....watching this doco now, and it is excellent

Beyond The Brick: A Lego Brickumentary

SBS VICELAND, 9:00pm, Thu, 9 Aug 2018, 105 minutes

REPEAT

Oscar winning Director Daniel Junge and Oscar nominated Director Kief Davidson take us on a journey through the Lego universe... like you have never seen before. They explore the brick that has captured imaginations for generations and look at the fundamental question...is it a toy or something more? The program delves into the extraordinary impact of the Lego brick and the innovative uses for it that have sprung up all over the world. The film takes us to art galleries full of Lego creations, introduces us to Master Builders making movies, into the world of Lego therapy, and brings us along to meet AFOLS (Adult Fans of Lego), each with amazing stories to tell.

2014, United States, English, Documentary, Arts & Culture, Society & Culture

What are we supposed to do tonight with no Survivor? Watch the footy?
No, me neither.

I am going to catch up on docos and Killing Eve, and see what Dance Boss is like, is it that bad?

I recommend the Lego doco on last night if you are a bit geeky, it was awesome, I did not know you can get architect sets now
It is fun to see adults obsessed....like the writers of South Park

We all became Lego obsessed when family were young, and I think I may have become an architect if I had Lego as a kid

And I have Pickering to catch up on......

Eww that creepy Michael from BB on the Project, still sucks

Vitamania on SBS: in the US (of course) not only are supplements not required to be tested for safety or efficacy, they actually passed a law forbidding the FDA from testing for safety or efficacy.

...I'm watching 'Street Smart' that is on straight after HYBPA... it's made by the same mob that made 'Here come the Habibs' methinks!... it has Casey Donovan in it... that 's about the only reason as to why I have watched it... but... it is quite shit to be honest... Casey is doing quite good in it but it's not a show that will last too long I don't think... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...I'm watching 'Street Smart' that is on straight after HYBPA... it's made by the same mob that made 'Here come the Habibs' methinks!... it has Casey Donovan in it... that 's about the only reason as to why I have watched it... but... it is quite shit to be honest... Casey is doing quite good in it but it's not a show that will last too long I don't think... cheers.

I saw a bit of it after HYBPA too, and it was really bad. I felt sorry for Casey, she should have held out for something better.

I saw a bit of it after HYBPA too, and it was really bad. I felt sorry for Casey, she should have held out for something better.

...yes I agree with you Meglos... I hope that when this show gets canned pretty soon that she doesn't lose heart and goes onto something better... and as I said... she's pretty good in it seeing that she has pretty weak material to work with... we'll see I guess?... cheers.

It’s in that style that seems to go for laughs for over the top bad acting. Like it’s a parody of something badly acted, but it isn’t.

I’m not sure if that’s quite the right way to put it, but it’s a common feature of bad Australian comedy.

Back