Skip to main content

The Psychology/Body Language/Personality Thread

If what you write was true, why are all the dates not working?
In my opinion, you are way off mark about yourself and others, and stuck on useless tools, MYER/BRIGGS is utter rubbish....

When you see someone use the Myer-Briggs Type Indicator in a professional context, call them out. It does not meet basic criteria of psychometric scales, was "developed" in the 40s by people without any training, & is based on outdated psychoanalytic ideas.

MBTI categorizes people according to outdated archetypes based on ideas of Carl Jung that have not been taken seriously for many decades in psychology. These archetypes are as valid as zodiacs or tarot cards, and have hardly any external validity.

DZss1LZWsAAfPpW.jpg

DZss6kbXkAASI4Y.jpg:large
Most Psychologists and HR people would agree the most scientific psychometric tests out there at the moment are those based on the Big 5 personality traits, (extraversion, agreeableness,openness, conscientiousness, and neuroticism) and are administered and analysed by a trained professional, (or at least online under test conditions) not a free pop quiz on the internet.

Reactions: kxk
pfft, administered by fancy pants psychiatrists with their fancy degrees. what do they know anyway? just a bunch of hipster eggheads.

pfft, administered by fancy pants psychiatrists with their fancy degrees. what do they know anyway? just a bunch of hipster eggheads.

Yeah what would they know with their fancy qualifications and years of experience? I prefer to trust 5 minute internet quizzes :)

Psychiatrists are different than psychologists. And HR professionals are not necessarily psychology qualified either, they may just be qualified to administer that particular test.

What a good person administering and reading a test can do is (amongst other things):
  • understand is when people are trying to manipulate a test to fake results, and what this actually says about the person.
  • how to read and correlate what answers trends may mean
  • in the case of a workplace how a person can make the most of their personality traits to be successful in their job.

pfft, they are mind readers, isee. i don't want any hipster eggheads to read my mind. not that they need to anyway considering my one hundred percent sanity score on a recent buzzfeed quiz.

pfft, they are mind readers, isee. i don't want any hipster eggheads to read my mind. not that they need to anyway considering my one hundred percent sanity score on a recent buzzfeed quiz.
You are on a Big Brother forum. Big Brother started as a psychological experiment, and therefore attracted a lot of people interested in psychology. Chances are just by being on this forum there are psych majors, psychologists and the like who have analysed your behaviour and actions and come up with their own conclusions about you anyway. Big Brother is always watching.

You are on a Big Brother forum. Big Brother started as a psychological experiment, and therefore attracted a lot of people interested in psychology. Chances are just by being on this forum there are psych majors, psychologists and the like who have analysed your behaviour and actions and come up with their own conclusions about you anyway. Big Brother is always watching.
and mine and everyone else here too... :wideyed:

https://psmag.com/news/science-fiction-and-fantasy-readers-make-good-romantic-partners

Are you ready for romance, but unable to find anyone who understands how relationships actually work? Here's a suggestion: Head for a bookstore, and hang out in the science fiction/fantasy section.

New research suggests fans of those genres have more mature beliefs about romantic relationships than readers who gravitate toward suspense, romance, or even highbrow literature.

"Individuals who scored higher for exposure to science fiction/fantasy were less likely to endorse four unrealistic relationship beliefs," writes a research team led by psychologist Stephanie C. Stern of the University of Oklahoma.

I can’t believe I got matched with a robot. Ok, I can believe it, but it’s mildly annoying.

The best match between the self assessment you provided and the profile of a fictional character as rated by other people who have taken this survey is the character Bernard Lowe (Westworld).

3.jpg

85% match

I got Stuart Bloom from big bang theory with 73% match. No idea if that is good or bad.

Second was Eric Foreman from that 70s show.

Okaaaay ... Willow Rosenberg is a character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's broken.

Back